Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#251 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 1:06 PM
Games rarely get commercials... PC games less so then console... And if they do it's usually a few weeks from release.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#252 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 1:46 PM
so where is all this marketing that's the supposed reason for the delay?
#253 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 3:05 PM
I don't think actual advertisements will start until it's truly relevant (May probably), but they've certainly increased activity on the website, and there are a lot more articles and videos popping up. Most likely their plan is to increase awareness in the gaming community first, and then slowly spread outwards to the general populace.

March is way too early for commercials. The game's release is three whole months away. If they start too early people will forget about it by the time it comes out.
Alchemist
#254 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 5:45 PM
Why would they need to increase "awareness" in the gaming community of the latest edition of the best selling pc game franchise ever?
Field Researcher
#255 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 10:13 PM
Maybe they want to make sure that Mac users are aware that they can get the game at release? That's probably one of many reasons.
#256 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 10:18 PM
Easy, really. Because when a game sells so many copies as The Sims series, you're only getting a tiny amount of the customers when you address the community. Sure the Sims 2 community is huge. But the amount of Sims 2 players outside the community is vastly bigger than the community.

The Community is informed. A lot of us knows a lot about Sims 3 already, and will continue to hunt for every bit of new information. But the other millions of people? Those are the ones they need to informed now. And advertising to that many people around the world is neither easy nor cheap. EA knows what they have in Sims 3. A potential bestseller. But they need to tell everyone that Sims 3 is coming. I'd expect to see some major mainstream news and consumer sites get blitzed in the weeks leading up to Sims 3 with everything going mad in the release week.

I remember a Danish newspaper having a separate Sims 2 section on the release date of Sims 2 here. Just think about that for a moment: EA didn't buy a page of ads, they bought an entire section! In an obscure Danish newspaper. Now imagine this going worldwide for Sims 3. This is the kind of advertising budget I'm expecting. EA Marketing going all out. Frankly, I look forward to it, it's rare to see advertising that blatant. Especially for a video game.
#257 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 11:33 PM
It's sad that the Sims 3 is Delayed, I downloaded Mansion and Stuff and Ikea Home stuff from EAGames (I am not buying anymore Stuff Packs, I have all the EP's except for University and OFB and the only stuff packs I now have are Celebration, Mansion and Garden and Ikea)

I have been building House's and taking snapshots of the houses so I can remember what they look like and then make them even cooler in the sims 3 and I am also doing the same for landscape designs.
Test Subject
#258 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:04 AM
hang on how come you guys have like the whole thing and your computers dont crash from like a month playing it??
and did u guys get fluro red flashing walls! when you instaled glamour life and what about family fun??
this has been making me crazy for like years now even though i cant play it anymore

Transformers!!!!! are awesums!!!
#259 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:04 AM
Different computers have different capabilities. If your computer can't handle more EPs and SPs, then it just can't handle them.
#260 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 5:59 AM
Well I have a Mac (not the latest one), and I run windows with the Sims on it, and um quite a few downloads to say the least and it runs very well, with the details turned all the way up. I am sure this computer could run the sims 3 well, however I plan to give this computer to my sister, and get the upgraded one (which is now only $999), and upgrade the memory for a pretty cheap price.

Even with a Mac you can still run Windows if needed, I'd highly recommend one in general, it's a lot faster than windows, and you don't really have to worry about viruses. Also if you are a student you get a tiny discount.

I tried Toshiba Sat. (can't remember brand), and it ran it pretty well. I've noticed Windows Vista runs a bit slower...than XP of course.

The stuff packs really are not needed to be honest at all, if you want to run the game better forget those honestly, and make sure you compress the download folder (I saved over 3 gb), which works out really well, and Delphy has a wonderful organizer that shows you all the empty, and bad files. Once I took that out my game ran SO MUCH faster you would not believe it.
Test Subject
#261 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 8:21 AM
wen my sims crashed mine went faster to but then installed crashed instaled crashed and then it couldnt take anymore

#262 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 2:24 PM
It has nothing to do with whether you have a Mac or a PC. It has to do with your graphics card, your RAM, and your processor speed.

Anyway, a more appropriate place to look for help in this matter would be the tech forum ...
Alchemist
#263 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cartoonwannabe
wen my sims crashed mine went faster to but then installed crashed instaled crashed and then it couldnt take anymore

sounds like your computer sucks
Test Subject
#264 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 9:24 PM
And here I thought I was totally out of the loop and missing out on the latest in Sim gaming....but TS3 hasn't even come out yet! I was still operating under the assumption it came out in February and thought I would come here and see tons of screenshots and then be forced to go out and buy it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#265 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 12:38 AM
Lol GreenTea. Yeah, you haven't been missing out on much.
Test Subject
#266 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
sounds like your computer sucks

well had it cince i was around 10 years old maby even younger or older but watever and the one im using now is a few years lol now im giving signs to my parents about a new laptop... gezz im so.... such a ruiner of computers but anyway

alrite graphics card have to remember that thx ....ill shutup now :mute:

Page 11 of 11