Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#651 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 10:28 PM
Recently I tried ITF and became realy dissapointed about irrational future stuff. Because I could get anything from buy mode in present, yet I still had to travel in China just to buy a training dummy.
I guess all things (maybe except furniture) should be buyable only in future and then placed in family inventory.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#652 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by francisfillwood
Recently I tried ITF and became realy dissapointed about irrational future stuff. Because I could get anything from buy mode in present, yet I still had to travel in China just to buy a training dummy.
I guess all things (maybe except furniture) should be buyable only in future and then placed in family inventory.

Well, while I guess it's technically cheating, but you could have just gotten the training dummy from the buydebug menu, and skipped the Chinese shopping trip.
Mad Poster
#653 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 1:26 AM
Something to make kids do adult things like cooking and playing pool without the ungodly stretching. I can deal with how they'd floated in midair in TS2 if you made them do an adult command. But the kid stretching is the stuff nightmares are made of.
Test Subject
#654 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 2:45 PM Last edited by francisfillwood : 10th Nov 2013 at 2:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, while I guess it's technically cheating, but you could have just gotten the training dummy from the buydebug menu, and skipped the Chinese shopping trip.

That's not the problem, I like shopping trips, actualy I think that all specialized or high quality objects should be bought in comunity shops, and not through buy mode, but thats the way sims is. I can accept that I can get new refrigerator in a blink of an eye, or even find a time machine in a custom-made lot, but getting things that not even invented is to much for me.
Then again, maybe sims allready live in near future, so they could get rhythm-a-cons, and bot stations, and jetpacks, and that superTV/computers just like that, but if it is, why there are no skillbooks in library, at least basics?
Anyway (imo) all that time traveling could be a waaaaaaay better. Back to the Future teach me that you could scare the shmuck out of past timers by telling them that you are Darth Vader from planet Vulcan, yet sims barely notice anything. There is no hate or fear of plumbots, completely no reaction to jetpacks and (almost) no sense of Oasis Landing as one more traveling point, except for nanites and lottery cheating.

I realy hope that this thing, described below, is a bug with some mod that I use. If not...
For Lama's sake EA, is that the Future you realy see?

Oh, and one last thing. Why the heck there is podiums that defently must be a shop only? Those with clothes, and plumbots, and cars, and all the other future stuff on sale. Why would I put one in my house?
Here is an idea.
1) Block all future objects from buying on normal lot.
2) Make podiums buyable in comunity lot only.
3) ???
4) Profit.
Field Researcher
#655 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 2:54 PM
I'd like to see children trainable like pets.
That is, the trait pool you have to choose from is limited by the way the children are treated from baby through to YA. So if you want to pick 'virtuoso' you better have had them banging away on that xylophone from day one.

Also, if you neglect aspects of the childs upbringing, having that influence which random trait they get. (Don't potty train? Slob! Don't teach to walk? Couch potato! Don't teach to talk? Socially Awkward!)
Field Researcher
#656 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
I'd like to see children trainable like pets.
That is, the trait pool you have to choose from is limited by the way the children are treated from baby through to YA. So if you want to pick 'virtuoso' you better have had them banging away on that xylophone from day one.

Also, if you neglect aspects of the childs upbringing, having that influence which random trait they get. (Don't potty train? Slob! Don't teach to walk? Couch potato! Don't teach to talk? Socially Awkward!)

For a moment I thought you meant like in TS2, where you'd have to scold them every time they pissed on the floor.

That said, a mod where you have to train children like that would be hilarious.
Field Researcher
#657 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 11:49 PM
I like the sunday paper idea someone suggested, I'm a nosey fella though.
Scholar
#658 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 12:44 AM
I know it probably wouldn't be possible just from the high amount of actions in the game, but I think one mod to adjust all autonomous actions would be cool to see. Instead of having all of these separate mods to enable or disable autonomous actions there could be one mod where you could not only enable or disable actions, but it could also have settings for how likely a Sim is to use certain actions or how frequently a Sim is allowed to use certain actions. I just think it would be cool to adjust autonomous actions on the fly instead of having to add or remove a bunch of different mods when you want to change certain things.
Mad Poster
#659 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Something to make kids do adult things like cooking and playing pool without the ungodly stretching. I can deal with how they'd floated in midair in TS2 if you made them do an adult command. But the kid stretching is the stuff nightmares are made of.

In Sims 2 that footstool was used for adult actions, like washing dishes and cooking in the microwave. I've seen the footstool in Sims 3 but wondered why the kids must stretch to do the same in Sims 3? One of the main reasons I don't use the Kids Can Do mods is the stretching. It's quite scary.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#660 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
I know it probably wouldn't be possible just from the high amount of actions in the game, but I think one mod to adjust all autonomous actions would be cool to see. Instead of having all of these separate mods to enable or disable autonomous actions there could be one mod where you could not only enable or disable actions, but it could also have settings for how likely a Sim is to use certain actions or how frequently a Sim is allowed to use certain actions. I just think it would be cool to adjust autonomous actions on the fly instead of having to add or remove a bunch of different mods when you want to change certain things.

That mod already exists. Its Retuner by Twallan. I was intimidated by it at first, but its actually heaps easy to use. Especially since you can monitor as you go how your changes are effecting the game and adjust them accordingly. I've managed to eliminate a bunch of tuning mods by using nraas mods. e.g. I used relativity to slow down the skill gain rate for social groups, and retuner to stop sims playing with water toys in the winter, but still let them in the summer etc.
Forum Resident
#661 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 6:01 AM
What I'd really like is a Photography Studio - some kind of object with a backdrop you could choose from a couple of options and a place to sit or stand, and then some kind of tripod for the photographer. Then sims who don't have the photography skill could ask a friend (or NPC) to photograph them, and maybe with some poses for the whole family together.

I wonder if I can persude the Store people to do it as Premium Content? But probably they'd do it wrong if they did.
#662 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:08 AM
-Doing painting on PC/laptop rather than on canvas. Nowadays digital painting is more common than traditional canvas, why EA hasn't created the modern way?

-Black burglar outfit default replacement to replace the cartoony black-white-stripped burglar outfit. Burglar should have been concealed by dark colour outfit. Black-white-stripped is not a burglar outfit by the way, it's prison outfit. EA has got the wrong colour for all this time. (Sims 1,2,3). I've been working to create the default replacement, it seems like I have had no luck yet to make it.

-Gas station. Or at least mod to require gas to each vehicle: cars and motorcycles available. After through specific period of time, "Gas meter" would be empty, so the vehicle owner must fill the gas meter with price of Simoleons. Much more make sense like a real life than driving vehicle to everywhere without paying anything.

-Roasting hot dogs on park needs to be priced. Seriously, it's bugging me to get FREE meal from public place. Like in real life, you're hungry, you want some food to fill you up, you have to pay it first!

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Alchemist
#663 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
-Doing painting on PC/laptop rather than on canvas. Nowadays digital painting is more common than traditional canvas, why EA hasn't created the modern way?

Painting on canvas and on computer use different techniques, so I don't think if the Painting skill would transfer well between the two media. But honestly, almost everything can be done in computer, but the game is really lacking the functionality for computer (what can be done with the computer can generally be don with the phone). I wish they have Computer skill, because there are people who could use computer well, and there are those who couldn't.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#664 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 2:04 PM
I would LOVE a mod that could stop those stupid rude mailmen/mailwomen and newspaper kids from coming to my lots! Now that PC/Laptop functions are "updated" and we have smartphones too, those NPC's are useless and really annoying! ("Lady, your job is to bring the mail and not to demand to get into my house and use my sim's juice Keg, get your own if you want, thank you!!!"). And those paper kids they drop the paper and stand for like, you know, forever outside my sim's door contemplating who knows what in their brains (?) sometimes even doing that evil laugh... They are so damn creepy!!! God, I hate them!!! Sims could read the news (what news??? anyway!!!) on their PC/Laptop/Smartphone and they could pay their bills online. That's what's happenning in real life nowadays!!!
And mods are really my saviours in some cases like the one with the Unicersity Mascot!!! The "NoUniversityMascotIntroSituation" mod saved my sanity from mascots who came at my lots even at 3 a.m., were flirting with my sims when they were asleep (!!!) and in my married couple's case she was calling for dates both my female and male sim for the following week (I didn't even have the Woohooer then!!!). Now with the mod they don't come at all and if I want to send a sim to University I buy the kit from the build/buy and every one is happy and most of all... sane!!! Thank God for people who make the mods!!!! :lovestruc
So, a no mailman/woman and no paper kid mod could save me again!!!
Test Subject
#665 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 1:41 AM
Plumbots need some tweaks, right now they are just silly.
1) Why would plumbot need to train body?
Ok, remembering C3PO, some of them probably should train (though it's still silly cause C3PO was build that way), but why did they getting tired? Thats ridiculous.
And I didn't try scuba diving yet, wouldn't be surprised if they could be drowned.
Though it's perfectly sane that they still ned martial arts training.
2) Where is my moodlets?
I'm not sure, maybe it's bug on my side (though there is no info about moodlets for plumbots in wiki neither), but my plumbot (with Sentience chip) never get any moodlets.
Maybe there shoud be some unique for quality, full charge and maintenance, and some standart ie, for completing a wish, or for having fun.
3) RoboNanny chip is just terrible.
With that thing left in autonomous, my kids always were low on hunger, bladder and hygiene. But it was a hell of a fun for them.
Also, though it wasn't in chip description, i thought that RoboNanny will teach toddlers for walking, talking, and peeing (in toilet).
4) Office Drone.
I gues they still should train skills, and make other working stuff (except for happyness), but made it more effictively than normal sims.
5) Combination of any Skill chip with Limitless Learning chip.
Skills from skill chip still shoud be showen in skill journal, for tracking challenges
6) New chip.
- Collector. Interface for Collection Helper from lifetime rewards, maybe some gathering while autonomous.
- Teacher. Full logic, and more effective tutoring.
- More skill chips. Writer, Alchemist, Sculptor, etc (Battle Droid for Athletic and Martial Arts skills).
7) Ability to programm plumbots (this could also be a chip).
Like, Draw somethig -> Sell it -> Draw some more, or cloning, or any repeatable actions.
I know, this could be a very easy money, but hey. I still can make a buch of plumbots (Musical Machine, Solar Powered and Efficient), tune them, send playing music for money and just forget about them.
Test Subject
#666 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 9:48 PM
The barista bar from University (herbs/coffee) and the LN bars (mixology) products altogether in 1 bar.

If it's too difficult, i just hope some CC variation around this barista bar to help to put it in other places as a uni cafetaria.
Test Subject
#667 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laurbake
I want blackouts when there's thunderstorms!

So good simple idea, please someone do it

Last one: a mod which would give emotions to the sims. Like this we could keep discovering our sims3 with CASt and nice graphics for many more years...
Test Subject
#668 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 12:06 AM
Recently i've got this idea.
Blood Purity.

Purebloods, Halfbloods, and *cough* mudbloods *cough* Transformed sims.

100% - Purebloods
- occult sims with some benefits.
ie. slower motives, positive moodlets, etc
50-99% Halfbloods
- original occult sims
1-49% Transformed
- occult sims with some drawbacks

I'll take vampires for example
When pure human-being sim transforms into vampire, he recieve +10% of vampire blood purity.
If sim allready had some percent of vampire blood, he'll just "activate" it after transformation.
When sim are borned as a vampire, he recieve some percentage of both his parents blood purity.
So we will look at last three generation of our newborn sim's parents, and take...
50% total blood purity of parents
12.5% BP of each grand parents
2.5% BP of each grand-grand parents
Example:
1) Father is pureblood with perfect bloodline (all 100% purebloods), so we will get:
50+(12.5*2)+(2.5*4) = 85% BP from our father
2) Mother is human-being, but with both transformed (10%) grand-parents, and "normal" grand-grand parents, so though she is human, she had 10% of BP on her own, and we will get:
(10*50%)+2*(10*12.5%) = 7.5% BP from our mother
3) 85+7.5 = 92.5% That's both, chanse of born vampire and BP of newborn.
4) If our happy couple will born a "normal" human being, they still could bite him and release his vampire povers, so he will became 92.5% Halfblood vampire

If there is multiple bloods (vampire + fairy, in example)
Sim will born with both bloods, and will be in that occult state wich blood is stronger, or will became hybrid if posible and if he is lucky enogh.
Mad Poster
#669 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 3:29 AM
A mod that stops the needs from decreasing but still lets me drag and click them up or down. Like the "motivedecay off" cheat in TS2. I play with the needs static (unless I'm doing a challenge) but I still like my families to have dinner together, go to bed at certain times, bathe in the morning before school/work, ect. And that's kind of hard when their needs are always at 100%. Of course the solution would be the make the needs dynamic when they're doing these things but I'm a lazy bastard :P
Alchemist
#670 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
A mod that stops the needs from decreasing but still lets me drag and click them up or down. Like the "motivedecay off" cheat in TS2. I play with the needs static (unless I'm doing a challenge) but I still like my families to have dinner together, go to bed at certain times, bathe in the morning before school/work, ect. And that's kind of hard when their needs are always at 100%. Of course the solution would be the make the needs dynamic when they're doing these things but I'm a lazy bastard :P

Perhaps using Twallan's Relativity can decrease the need decay very slowly (but not freeze) by changing the motive delta factors? I'm not sure as I've never tried, but it sounds promising.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#671 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 11:47 AM
The ability to lock accessories.
Mad Poster
#672 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 9:56 PM
A mod that stops sims from losing weight from swimming. I know there's one that stops them from getting the athletic skill (and I thought that's all I needed) but apparently that wont help. I've had like 3 fat sims (that I wanted to stay fat) go in the pool and come out thin now.
Theorist
#673 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 10:50 PM
I would like to see the Virtual Artisan mod return, where you could effectively place 'sim spawners' on a community lot, and choose what they would wear and stuff. It was awesome. I hope someone picks it up off the floor

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#674 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 10:52 AM
I've been just dying for a good adoption mod, I even started writing out features for one. If only I knew how to mod, maybe it would actually happen. I want a mod that pulls the kids taken away from child services into a "waiting bin" or something that'll keep the kid there for a few sim days so if you wanted to, you could go to city hall and have a "hearing" to try and get your kid back, but if you fail/don't want the kid it stays in the bin for a while and people in the world/neighborhood could adopt them if there weren't any relatives or next of kin to take the kids, and after another set amount of time they'd be deleted from the bin. I also want it to add a "put up for adoption" option on the cellphone to schedule an appointment at city hall, that you then go to with the unwanted child and give them up(with a little "Are you sure you want to give ____ up for adoption? You might never see him/her again!" box coming up before anything is finalized.) I wonder how difficult it would be to make this?
Field Researcher
#675 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:17 PM Last edited by fullsheet : 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:27 PM.
Toddlers and younger appear in a car seat in the back of the family's vehicle. Use the animation for them sitting in the high chair.
Always annoyed since the base game that the sims instead of taking their own large SUV/Car opt to hop in a taxi and carrying
the baby/toddler in their arms (illegal). Sims just teleport into their car anyway. Make the default for active sims to take their
own car.

Toddlers use the stairs instead of blocking them.
Page 27 of 28