Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 3:31 AM
I was lurking around my game files today looking for the actual music files somewhere (French Music --> iTunes) and I found a folder with the Sunset Valley .world file. idr where it was though >.< but putting them in there could be worth a try?

Found it =)
I have Windows Vista so it might be different for you, idk

My Computer -> OS (C: ) -> Program Files (x86) -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 -> GameData -> Shared -> NonPackaged -> Worlds

Hope that helps. Im too chicken to test it on mine =P

Jack: Could you imagine anythng better? Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream in a pool on cognac drissled in the most expensive chocolate "Amadei Porcelana" covered in shaved truffles, and topped with 24 carat gold leaf.
Liz: I dunno, have you tried a donut in the microwave?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#302 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 3:38 AM
I know where that file is Perestroika

I just tired putting the France.world file with the Sunset Valley.world file, that doesn't work either. :/
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 3:40 AM
Hmm, then they probably rigged it so its impossible lol

Jack: Could you imagine anythng better? Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream in a pool on cognac drissled in the most expensive chocolate "Amadei Porcelana" covered in shaved truffles, and topped with 24 carat gold leaf.
Liz: I dunno, have you tried a donut in the microwave?
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 3:15 PM
No more newspapers?! hallelujah!
I've only played an hour or two so far, I can't wait to try out photography and find some new magic gnomes (they sound so cute!)
I love the range of new stuff they can find, and surprisingly I found the quests and tomb-raiding quite fun and exciting (although a bit maddening when I was halfway through one when the trip ended and the game booted my Sims back home without a seconds leeway! Grrr!)
There's some outfits I really like ( eg. shorts and leather jacket for women) and a lot that are fine, but I wont use..but most of the hat-hairs and all the eyeliners (except that one subtle outer-corner one) are ridiculous, they should be hidden and only used on game generated locals or something. I hope someone makes a mod to do this. Bleh.
Lab Assistant
#305 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 3:31 PM
I finally managed to defeat my installation problems, my patch problems, blue lot problems, and even most of the lag - and I'm finally able to play and really enjoying it! Unfortunately I had to give up my old saved game in order to make this happen, everytime I did anything with the old save the game was incredibly slow and blue lots everywhere. I have my fingers crossed that the problems are really over and won't come back!
Test Subject
#306 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 4:15 PM
Default WA not runnin or its draggin bad
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I'm confused, are the only people not having problems with this game people who installed the base and EP from scratch, or never had any CC in their game? It seems to me these are the people who are having a successful time with this, while anyone with CC (not mods, mind you) are experiencing many glitches and lag... I hoped by now I'd be waiting on Awesomemod, but even when that is released, I don't have any confidence that my game will not turn to poop.

Claeric: Yeah, I hated BV too. I liked the "Walk to" feature, that's about it. My disgust toward BV is what turned me off from WA in the first place, even though it's clearly "not a vacation EP."

I bought WA a couple days ago and had to put it on my wifes PC , the minimum requirments are higher than the base game . we are runin a yardfull of CC but I need to up grade and my wifes PC is brand new to the specs she wanted , conclusion ? read before you buy or get upgrades for Christmas
Test Subject
#307 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 5:03 PM
The gnomes are creepy! They move around when you aren't watching them. They sell pretty well. If you don't want to be creeped out, just consider them loot and sell them.
Field Researcher
#308 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 2:35 AM
Even though I'm missing most of my hairs and other CC I love this game! Too bad my Sim is stuck in a basement in France. Poor thing.
Mad Poster
#309 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 7:19 AM
I'm absolutely loving the game. So far I have sent one couple to France, one man to Egypt, and now I have one lady and her half brother in china.

There is an humongous amount of things to do, and even thou none of my people have done any real quests, I have had so much fun traveling that three days seems way too short of a holiday. Compared to BV where three days was way too long, and my Sims, if I bothered to send them on a holiday, only spent one night in their destination because that was the maximum I could take it.

The new hobbies/skills are also a blast. Martial arts is a really good idea to have in game, also photography. I can't wait to have one of my ladies start her own nectar farm, then start selling wine in her town.
As I mentioned, I haven't yet done any adventures. My adventure woman is currently still a teen, so I need to wait for her to grow up, or if I'm lucky her family might just have enough money so all of them can go on a trip.

Sure I miss some of the mods that are not yet updated for WA, mostly slower eating as currently it's impossible to have family dinners due to them shoving the food down so fast, but that's just a minor nuisance. I was not very thrilled the first time I learned travel was the theme of the first ep, as ts1 holiday was boring as hell, and even thou BV was better than I had expected with lots of things to do, the traveling part was always really boring. But I'm happy to say this ep is brilliant.
Lab Assistant
#310 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 8:44 AM
I've been playing/testing WA with different Sims and families, and I like this expansion, but I can't say I love it.

The Good Points :
The 3 new skills, Nectar making, Martial arts and Photography. I really love those.
Egypt and China are just gorgeous, France is indeed a bit disappointing, but it feels like the French countryside. It's just maybe that I'm not that found of it IRL...
The basement tool is great. And all the new furniture and styles.
Well altogether, like any EP for the Sims, this one just bring new things to do for your puppets and more variety, and it's always a good point .

The Bad !:
Replayability!
I'm not sure I'll be so much in tomb raiding in a few month. When I have done the same quest over and over again, I feel bored.
The tombs and adventures don't really reset. So what happen when you reach the 5th generation in your base hood for instance?
We can't create our own destinations and add them. So when everything is opened in the 3 ready made destinations, what's left to do?
It's really more about adventure and tomb raiding than holiday. So again, even if your family owns a home in a foreign destination, there is not much to do there for the sims not involved in quests. And the quests are mostly designed for a single sim than a group.

Well, maybe the upcoming Create a World will let us create new foreign hoods and fill them with tombs and link adventures to those tombs, and that would solve my problems. But otherwise, It's a nice idea, a nice try, but a bit disappointing in the end.
Test Subject
#311 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 8:01 PM
I installed and played it for a while yesterday and so far I'm pleasantly suprised. I like how well made china and egypt are, it looks lovely and the locals actually look local. I'm also in love with the new skills, especially martial arts and photography, its a lot of fun to do and as many skills they are diverse and fun to build. I also like the many new small things, like the new lifetime rewards and the fact they added new traits related to the new skills. Great are all the new trees and plants and the decorations for in the house look quite nice as well, I like the new hairs even though there aren't that many, there's nice ones there and some of the new outfits are cool (i like the martial arts suit and the fact you can use it as normal sport clothing, I hated the options for sport clothing they had and this is such a nice addition). All those things together made me very happy I installed the EP.

I'm also happy to say my game is fine with CC, no lagging and it loads fast. In game I have the visual settings all on high or very high and there is absolutely no lagging and it runs very smooth. If I start the game that takes around 30 seconds to at most 1 minute, loading neighbourhoods is a bit longer, that can take around 2-3 minutes. This is the same time it took back to when I had just the basegame and up to patch 1.4 or something like that. I think I have around 50-100 .package files, mostly xmsims hairs, some clothing, the great new body sliders, a no mosaic and a few random things like alien eye contacts and make-up. They all show up perfectly, work fine and cause no slowing down of my game in any way.

----

Well all of that is very positive and I'm really, really glad I didn't get the CC problems many people have (I did have them with patch 1.6 as I had the bad plants in my game, taking them out fixed it so I had already gone through that befóre installing WA), and I'm also glad the game had all these new things I like. Now what I don't like:

The fact at first you can only stay three days and that the quest like oppurtunities are the only way you can gain longer staying time, I don't mind working for a longer stay, but I just don't like silly poorly done RPG elements in a simulation game. Also, what really annoyed me was a bug I found after returning from a holiday: no simpanels. Restarting the game worked, appearantly people who play vanilla also occasionally get it, so I hope they fix it in the next patch, I'll be annoyed if it happens again, even though my game loads fast I don't want to have to restart every time they come home!
Page 13 of 13