Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 4:58 AM
Default Egypt: Hack the Main Computer at the Secret Base
Hi everyone...I'm having another little problem solving this puzzle...

I got past the first level but I really just guessed it...I'm sure it has something to do with the code "617" but I don't' know which floor switch is 1 let alone 6 or 7... LOL...I do know that the switch my sim is standing on resets everything...if that is any type of help!

Here is a pic of what I'm looking at solving...

Thanks in advance guys!

"Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart." - William Butler Yeats
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 5:22 AM Last edited by sleepyrose : 26th Jan 2010 at 5:02 AM.
I posted this before. It covers all 3 floors and it should get you through.

When you count the "stepping stones", then count from left to right.

Floor1:
Stand on tile 2
Stand on tile 3
Stand on tile 4
Stand on tile 1

Then you should be able to proceed.

Floor 2:
Stand on tile 6
Stand on tile 1
Stand on tile 5

Go to floor 3:
Stand on tile 8
Stand on tile 2
Stand on tile 4
Stand on tile 7

That's it. Hope this helps!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 5:44 AM
If you're stuck there long enough it tells you you need to find a hint somewhere, but I never did find the hint. Where are they?
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 5:49 AM
There are three hints, all found on the ground floor of the house. One you get by flushing the toilet, one you get by reading the book in the bookcase, and one you get by turning the stereo off and then on again (lucky me, the stereo broke when I turned it off, so I had to repair it before I could get that last one )

You can tell which number sequence goes with which level, because the levels have plates on different squares.

This was a great puzzle, and it shows what you can do with the logic engine in the dungeon toolset... wish more of the dungeons were this ingenious
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 6:04 AM
Thanks. I looked in the bookcase and found nothing when I was doing this quest. Guess I have to look harder.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 3:12 PM
There seems to be a rule that you have to fix what you broke. In my case I had to unclog the toilet to continue. Srikandi broke the stereo, so I'm thinking that this might happen on purpose.
Have you checked if the toilet is clogged?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 1:48 AM
Thanks everyone...

but um...which tile is which?

...I feel so dumb right now lol

Eminence Grise
#8 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 1:57 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 15th Dec 2009 at 2:08 AM.
Think of them as numbered left to right, top to bottom, with the row closest to the revolving doors at the top (and the red tile that resets the puzzle at the bottom right).

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
- - red

like that!

(Or, just turn the screenshot you posted upside down, lol)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 2:08 AM Last edited by acidsugar : 15th Dec 2009 at 2:57 AM.
ok...im going to try it right now

THANK YOU!! :D

EDIT: LOL...I was on the third level...that's why it wasn't working!!! I'm in now )

Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
I posted this before. It covers all 3 floors and it should get you through.

When you count the "stepping stones", then count from left to right.

Floor1:
Stand on tile 2
Stand on tile 3
Stand on tile 4
Stand on tile 1

Then you should be able to proceed.

Floor 2:
Stand on tile 6
Stand on tile 1
Stand on tile 5

Go to floor 3:
Stand on tile 8
Stand on tile 2
Stand on tile 4
Stand on tile 7

That's it. Hope this helps!

Your game must be different than mine
2314, 617, and 8249 worked for me.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 7:53 PM
I got all the doors that could be opened with the normal floor switches opened, but now there is a final door. When I inspect this door it says that the switch must be hidden somewhere in the tomb. Could someone please tell me where this switch is?
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:10 PM
Default Yup
Quote: Originally posted by bigdawginva
Your game must be different than mine
2314, 617, and 8249 worked for me.

That worked for me too!
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vargel
That worked for me too!

It's just how you count the tiles.
If you count them like
1 2 3
4[EMPTY]6
7 8 9
and skip the missing tile, then there is a different code from when you count it like;
1 2 3
4 [] 5
6 7 8
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by acidsugar
Hi everyone...I'm having another little problem solving this puzzle...

I got past the first level but I really just guessed it...I'm sure it has something to do with the code "617" but I don't' know which floor switch is 1 let alone 6 or 7... LOL...I do know that the switch my sim is standing on resets everything...if that is any type of help!

Here is a pic of what I'm looking at solving...

Thanks in advance guys!

GUYS, JUST USE A "TELEPORT ME" OPTION (while using a "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat)!!! U CAN PASS THE DOORS, U CAN ALSO PASS LOCKED DOORS!
Alchemist
#15 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 1:11 PM
This is why my sims don't travel lol
Inventor
#16 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 5:49 AM
You know I read this and I didnt want to travel so I lagged for a long time. I got the quest the other day and I did it like this. I randomly had a sim stand on a tile till the first door opened then I advanced a sim. Then I randomly stood on other switches until the second sim could advance again, and kept randomly doing it till the sim was through. I thought I would have to do that for the other four people in the party so I went back to the first switch and all the doors opened. I had a party of five just in case, and ummm the other four were useless. Use the charactor that rolled the quest and five should be enough to leave one on every floor and get the leader through. But honestly the first switch or the sim that is through must trigger an over ride in the system.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.