Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:00 PM
Default Create A World Tool Now Availble...
Just saw this on my facebook page yay its finally here....

The Sims 3 Create a World Tool is now available! Put the power of world creation into your hands!

Get it here--> http://bit.ly/6QGNoh

Or here--> http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:08 PM
it is true , cw is there and I just downloaded , get back to ya on how it works , at least for me . cool
Quote: Originally posted by Sassytasia22
Just saw this on my facebook page yay its finally here....

The Sims 3 Create a World Tool is now available! Put the power of world creation into your hands!

Get it here--> http://bit.ly/6QGNoh

Or here--> http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
Banned
#3 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:08 PM
Aren't there any direct downloads? It is trying to force me to waste time signing up for the community. I don't want to join the community.

I probably can't run the thing yet, not until christmas, but I wanted to fiddle with it anyway and get used to it...
Sim Princess in Pink
#4 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:13 PM
Yay! I wasn't going to play The Sims tonight but now I have been persuaded to do otherwise . One question, is the Create a World Tool in-game or sort of a seperate programme?

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:13 PM
i think you have to be a member of the community to get it because you have to agree to the terms to download it but i'm not sure if i can package the download and send it to people

And it looks to me to be a separate program
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:16 PM
I went to run it and had to install patch 1.8 , as far as direct download , I would say not yet as it came available 30 minutes ago
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:21 PM
I didn't realize there was even a patch out, but I saw the CAW on my facebook as well. So I'm downloading both as we speak! :D
Sim Princess in Pink
#8 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:22 PM
Yep, it is a seperate programme.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:23 PM
Its a sepereate programs but there is a button that says edit in game.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Theorist
#10 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:31 PM
I am so happy! Downloading it as I type ^________________________________^

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:31 PM
How do you add a new layer in the CAW tool? o.O

ingeborgsk
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ingeborgsk
How do you add a new layer in the CAW tool? o.O

No idea, I took all the layers off sept the terain layer under file menu. All Ive been able to do so far is create some mountains but some sand round the sides and add roads.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Sim Princess in Pink
#13 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:36 PM
I just had a blast at it, and to be fair I don't think they have made things easy for those of us without the skills :'(

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#14 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:40 PM
NO WAY, IT's HERE!!!

OMG, I'll use it the whole night through
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angel4rab
No idea, I took all the layers off sept the terain layer under file menu. All Ive been able to do so far is create some mountains but some sand round the sides and add roads.

If you rightclick the "worldlayer" button, you can add a new layer. I have no idea what it means, though... I can't even make roads, why did they have to make this so confusing How do you change the landscape? (add mountains, water)

ingeborgsk
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:43 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I am having a blast creating maps in photoshop!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:45 PM
OMG. Finally

What an odd time to release it. Killed the excitement lol.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:45 PM
Could someone send me a direct link please, on the Sims 3 Website it says: "I agree with EA and all that crap..." Bla bla bla, but there's nothing else. Just that and a blank box. Help please?

HEELP!!! I REALLY WANT TO USE IT!!!
Sim Princess in Pink
#19 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:45 PM
What is the point in trying to 'edit in game' - I don't think you can do anything except place lots in game :S

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KeiraLou
What is the point in trying to 'edit in game' - I don't think you can do anything except place lots in game :S

I tried it and I just kept crashing my pc. Leaving that alone for the time being.

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:56 PM
I have a feeling this patch will screw my game up

Edit: Yep, its making my sims 3 launcher fail. How nice.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:57 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh! Noooooooooo! I was looking forward to this tool for months only to discover it only works on PCs! You disappoint me again EA.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ingeborgsk
If you rightclick the "worldlayer" button, you can add a new layer. I have no idea what it means, though... I can't even make roads, why did they have to make this so confusing How do you change the landscape? (add mountains, water)

Use the landscape editing tool, there's many settings for mountains there, I've now already created the basic height map for my map but I'm still trying to figure out road placement. I managed to make a layer that supports lots.. but roads are evil.

So far I think its great, I figured enough out to enjoy myself with it (like I found how you can zoom out, for those also wondering: scroll button!)

Either way, trying to figure it out will be my main activity for the upcomming few hours
Banned
#24 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 9:00 PM
Isn't there an instruction manual? Or did you all just jump into it? After all, who needs instructions, right? >_>
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 9:00 PM
TSR got a copy of it early and reviewed it...they said it was fairly technical and not exactly the most user-friendly tool...but if you have experience with working in Photoshop / graphics programs with layers, that might make it easier.

I am downloading it as I type! I'm so super duper excited to play with it (:

When life gives you lemons, study them and write a book about all the things you can do with lemons and win an award. 'Cause awards are shiny.
Page 1 of 11