Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
If that does happen I will create vamps and make BuffySim kill them all.

Meh. I would prefer to make a Van Helsing Sim to kill them.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:59 AM
I love all the things we are getting in the new EP, but I'm still hoping for a Collections possibility.
I'm betting it will have a new neighborhood like Ambitions, with the option of building our own city with CAW.

PLEASE, no Avril Levigne celeb sim.......or Paris Hilton for that matter. I'd like a George Clooney or Steve Carell.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur
Meh. I would prefer to make a Van Helsing Sim to kill them.

hmmmmm..... I would just do it myself. Desecrate's wonderful Weapon's System would probably work on a twilight vamp, and my simself can handle that with ease.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:06 AM
Pure speculation..but..someone mentioned Humble or some EA guy saying they were going to 'manipulate time and space'. I am not sure about the time thing, unless they are going to give you the option of slowing down time when you are out and about in town..or maybe just for the vampires. But for space, I wonder if the skyscrapers will allow for ground floor lots and then the penthouse as a lot above? Some of these buildings look like they have rabbitholes or shops in the first floor and you can see what is probably a penthouse on other buildings. Who knows..but its cool either way. Maybe the subway leads to an underground place where the vampires live. I love White Wolf's vampires and they have lots of underground lairs where intrigue and political maneuvering occurs.

And one must find a 'secret' way to become vampire so its probably like the mummy. Your sim won't become one unless you want it to be. Sims 3 seems to be much better than Sims 2 with allowing you to avoid the supernatural elements. At least these vampires are better than the ones in Sims 2. I hated those..and would zap them whenever they appeared in their silly clothes and strange walk. Makes me laugh to remember.

I really hope its not a connected hood like WA. I am honestly afraid to travel after all the bugs that were never fixed. Open hoods mean open hoods. I would rather start a new world than have to deal with the time issues between two worlds..unless they have a much better way to fix this. Maybe this is the time thing...like the mod we had briefly for Sims 2. I just hope they don't close the hoods again and force us to load.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
or Paris Hilton for that matter.

Funny how that blonde in the second screen shot at the official site's announcement slightly resembles her (at least in my eyes). If there will be real celebrities, I would've expected Paris simply because she is a club hopper according to the media.

Perhaps we could see Lindsay Lohan being taken to the police station every few Sim hours?
Forum Resident
#56 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:14 AM
Gamestop has preorders already says coming out on october 25th of this year.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Pure speculation..but..someone mentioned Humble or some EA guy saying they were going to 'manipulate time and space'.

That would probably the rumored standalone game, The Sims 3 Medieval. Standalone in that it'll be like Sims 2 Castaway, and such. I'd rather have it be an expansion pack, personally, instead of a stand alone game. All info that's known about it (which isn't much besides some concept drawings and site registrations) is available at simprograms and (presumably) other sims news sites.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Theorist
#58 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:31 AM
Quote:
+House Party
+Hot Date
+Superstar
+Nightlife (combination of House Party and Hot date)
+Apartment Life

This sounds like a real expansion, all of my favorites. But, no Apartment Life witches? I loved having my sim toil over a cauldron, laughing softly to himself over what he had planned on his victims. These vampires had better be able to turn into bats to fly to other lots. Here's hoping they have witches and warlocks saved for later, along with a witch quidditch stadium and world cup.
#59 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:57 AM
I noticed the girl in the hottub looks like she has a new ponytail. It looks similar to the thick cut one in sims 2 seasons.
Scholar
#60 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
AGAIN, a Neighborhood is NOT a sub-hood, its a main neighborhood were your Sims live.

We know that. It's well established.

They added neighborhood to show new gameplay elements even in The Sims 2 with Seasons that added Riverblossom Hills, Freetime added Desiderata Valley and Apartment Life added Belladonna Cove.

True, but they also added sub-hoods for the rest. In Nightlife we got Downtown to show clubs, restaurants and bowling alleys. University and Bon Voyage are also pretty obvious. You can't go on vacation in your own neighbourhood or town in the game, so we get sub-hoods to visit. And we really can't go to a downtown or city environment in pre-made towns (which a lot of people do play) for a night out when we don't have clubs or lounges or the proper urban enviornemnt (a fun Downtown needs more than a club, a laundromat and and a lounge or two). So a sub-neighbourhood would be added.

Ambitions added a new Twinbrook, the argument about sub-hoods I am seeing now reminds me of arguments back when Ambitions was announced about the Firehouse and the Salon.

I wasn't there for that argument, but from my understanding people were complaining that they'd have to add a salon or fire station? Well, a couple of buildings =/= the new lots we would be getting. You could add a club and lounge, yes. You can add more if you have room in a custom hood. But for towns like Riverview, Twinbrook and Sunset Valley, we couldn't properly add everything this expansion pack adds. From the looks of it, the apartments and some of the nightclubs are built into the large skyscrapers, which do take up room. You couldn't add them to some of the neighbourhoods, and it would suck for some of the neighbourhoods with players' favourite sims to miss out.

Worked just fine ... after all are you people so lazy that cannot even pop a pre-created lot in the game? I guess so since if the next EP is not a Vacation that will naturally require destination hoods we see it again.

I already talked about the first part and the second half makes no sense.

And here is a idea ... if you want to see a Urban Themed Neighborhood why the hell dont play on the one that comes with the EP or, grasp, MODIFY YOUR EXISTING

Oh right ... because its "full" ... sure thing ...

...Okay, I've took a few minutes deciphering what I believe you mean, and people do want to play an urban hood. Like, everyone here does. I, and a few others, are just thinking that it'll probably be a sub-hood that would be added on, for the above reasons.

They dont sparkle UNFORTUNATELY, Trailer shown a vampire.

Of course THEY WILL if they have the Eye Candy reward, hope they made all EA createdVampires having that reward to make you people insane ... its you own GOD DAMN FAULT that Twilight is that popular.

Yeah, I don't hate Twilight because it's popular. It's popular because I hate it.

Please, explain how you came to that conclusion. And my opinions on Twilight isn't the primary reason I don't want vampires that sparkle. It's namely because it would be such a sell-out to have them sparkle when basically every other non-Twilgiht related material has them burn or something bad happen in the sun. Also, they're supernaturals. There should be good and bad things that happen to give some reward and challenge. And the obvious challenge for vampires is to not be able to go out into the daylight. Sims 3 seems to have toned down some challenging aspects of their game. Also, I don't want sparkling vampires because it would just be stupid.
Eminence Grise
#61 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:44 AM
Chill, guys

I'm also very interested in the whole "is it a base hood? is it a subhood?" question, but I just don't think we have enough data yet to decide. Clearly they COULD implement this (as much as we know about it so far) either way.

As for the likelihoods based on what we DO know, I see evidence for both positions.

Evidence for base hood: the shared timeline/open town idea. Also, there are penthouses in skyscrapers where you can live... so downtown is residential... which just complexifies timeline issues if it's not a base hood.

Evidence for subhood: size. Would be hard to fit a lot of those skyscrapers in existing base hoods. Also, subways. Seems like a natural for a means to travel between base hood and subhood.

Personally, I am rooting for base hood. The way subhoods were implemented in WA led to all kinds of bugs, and they are much less customizable (still can't make em in CAW, for instance). This could conceivably be fixed, of course

Basically, though, I think we need to be patient and wait till we learn more to decide this.
Instructor
#62 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:44 AM
After reading the features and EA official statement, it look like group outing is not included in this EP. Do you thinking EA keep it for another EP, about business and shopping?

I hope what the official statement said about the hi-rise and living in penthouse means real Apartment Life.
Instructor
#63 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12

...Okay, I've took a few minutes deciphering what I believe you mean, and people do want to play an urban hood. Like, everyone here does.

I don't, actually. So not "everyone".

"If Twilight is popular, it's your own fault" - I took that to mean: "if you'd shut up about it being stupid and lame and you hate it sooooo much then maybe people wouldn't run right out to see what's so crappy about it". Besides, it's okay to like Twilight, you know. Opinions are like you know what's, after all. Some people hate the Sims and that's okay, too.

I'm mildly interested in this expansion.

1) I hope "mixologist" is a career like the Ambitions careers. As an added bonus, I hope you can be a self-employed musician and/or they open up the theatre rabbit hole with the "band" idea.

2) I look forward to new interactions and new traits.

3) I prefer places added to our 'hood, not a "destination" sort of place. Just let us make the 'hoods bigger so we can have a downtown sort of area.

4) Vampires? Ugh. However, once we get witches and werewolves to round out our bevy of supernatural creatures, I bet I start a neighborhood full of ghosts, mummies, vampires, witches, werewolves and etc.

5) Celebrities? No, thanks. Let me make my own, yes please!

Edit: 6) Apartment living, if like Apartment Life with paying rent, having a landlord, dealing with noisy and nosy neighbors, yes please. If it's just apartment high-rises, no thanks.
Scholar
#64 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ranissa
I don't, actually. So not "everyone".

Well then I beg your pardon. My statement wasn't meant to be viewed as gospel, it's just that a lot of people previously mentioned in this thread and the other other one that an urban environment would be nice to live in and visit - as well as the suburban towns already implemented in the game. What I also mean is I want the option for either, not one or the other.

"If Twilight is popular, it's your own fault" - I took that to mean: "if you'd shut up about it being stupid and lame and you hate it sooooo much then maybe people wouldn't run right out to see what's so crappy about it".

Perhaps, and good point. Though I don't really know anyone that went to see it just because it was meant to be bad. And if they did, it certainly isn't the reason it's popular.

Besides, it's okay to like Twilight, you know.

I'm not saying it isn't. Like Twilight or hate it, it doesn't effect me. What I am against is putting their vampires that sparkle in just because it's the current fad for the reasons I previously mentioned in my earlier thread.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:26 AM
Hmm this looks quite cool. I've always wanted a more urban lifestyle for my sims, I just really, really hope that this includes apartments. Having huge skyscrapers wouldn't be right without apartments. And yay for more instruments.

EDIT: vampires = yes! Sparkly lame vampires = no. They better be the evil, rip your throat out kind.
Test Subject
#66 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:47 AM
Aren't vampires supposed to be unfertile?
Mad Poster
#67 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
What I am against is putting their vampires that sparkle in just because it's the current fad for the reasons I previously mentioned in my earlier thread.
I agree with this. Sort of like jumping on the bandwagon, using the popularity of Twilight to sell more games by introducing Twilight-ish vampires.

Quote: Originally posted by Sim-brother
Aren't vampires supposed to be unfertile?
In most modern fiction they are but I guess it depends on the lore. Different cultures have their own versions so whilst we might be used to vampires not being able to reproduce, other cultures' vamps might be able to.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:56 AM
I'm hoping the bartenders seen are proper npcs and not just a random shmuck taken from the neighbourhood
Test Subject
#69 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:02 PM Last edited by sabrieljo : 21st Jul 2010 at 12:15 PM.
I love the way there is all this new stuff to mull over and you all seem to be fixated on one thing - vampires, and I hope they are all sparkly because that does'nt annoy me a bit not one bit I tell you I don't make new hoods, yes too lazy so I look forward to this hood. Do you think the dancing is a new animation in game ?

ps I'm hoping the subways are to be used in the same way as taxis.
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
Gamestop has preorders already says coming out on october 25th of this year.

But but... then I will be busy with Fallout New Vegas

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:56 PM
Ack, this suggests Vampire's will age... just like Ghosts and Simbots. If they have kids that are Vampires, that means they have to grow up.

Not too much of a stretch to follow the logic to conclude that there is a reasonable chance, though i'm still hoping not, that they will continue to Elder status and perhaps even die. Maybe 'drinking' from someone restores life in a similair way to life-fruit. I suppose that wouldn't be too bad. That way the aging could be percieved as weakign and death, rather than actual aging.

If there is one thing I want them to get right it's Vampires. They. Shouldn't. Die. Of. Old. Age.

Looks like this will be the expansion that decides whether I stick with the Sims 3 or just forget about the franchise til the Sims 4. The super-natural creatures are the main draw for me, and so far i've been nothing but dissapointed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
After reading the features and EA official statement, it look like group outing is not included in this EP.

What are you talking about. There ae various articles that state you can go out with friends. Just because it didn't specifically say 'group outings', doesn't mean that they wont be there, especially when it was written already.
Retired
retired moderator
#73 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 1:24 PM
The first thing I want to see when this is released is an ENORMOUS fat man with that muscle-body shirt on him.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#74 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 1:47 PM
Did anyone realise that one of the sims had abs? Like... EA-abs! Unlike the fugly Peggy ones.
Hoorah changeable skins with muscle tone (hopefully)!
#75 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:36 PM
Default More info on late night
Here is some more info that just come out.
http://www.simprograms.com/jeuxvide...s-3-late-night/
Page 3 of 95