Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:09 PM
Aaaaah, this is exciting. As more EPs come out the more the game gets fleshed out. This one looks really fun. I'm excited for Vamps, instruments and hot tubs. Woot woot! Can't wait till Fall. I just hope I'll have enough time to play!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:13 PM
Default Forget the boobs --what about Sims through Time and Space?
Ugh, why is everyone still so focused on those fake boobs. I think we all know from TS3, WA, and Ambitions that the trailers are exagerations of the game so those dancers may be new body types or they may just be exagerated sim body types for the trailer. Maybe we'll get new sliders--maybe we won't. Having muscle bound bouncers makes me think we MIGHT get new body types but who knows? No one knows for sure yet so there's no point fighting over it.

Rian90 - Yes! Thank you for acknowledging that. I couldn't believe people weren't curious about this. Humble did say that they had previously talked about taking the Sims througn space and time and now it was happening but they couldn't show how in the clip because of an embargo. I so wish I knew what he was referring to-- does this mean we will be able to see Sims time travel (time machine or something to do with the vampires) or does this mean no more loading screens for subhoods or does this soemhow tie in with the medieval rumors we heard just a short while ago? What could this mean? I'm really curious about it and wish someone knew something about what Humble meant about taking Sims through time and space.
Scholar
#103 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:19 PM
I dont think there will be "apartment life" type of apartments at all.
One of the creators mentioned a "penthouse tool" and a penthouse is just the top most layer of a building; and if you looked at the pics/vids, its glaringly obvious that the tall buildings are rabbit holes/decos. In Busting out you had something like this... where the penthouse was completely build-able and playable like a house; but you were way up in the sky in a apartment building. So just thing of apartments as houses placed on a elaborate pedestal lol. Its no optimum; but thats the more logical way that i see it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#104 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:26 PM
Suits me. I don't really want to watch them all the way up 50 flights of stairs, hoping their queue won't time out before they get home.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#105 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Suits me. I don't really want to watch them all the way up 50 flights of stairs, hoping their queue won't time out before they get home.

Peeing themselves at floor 25, dying of starvation at floor 40....
Inventor
#106 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:34 PM
*snorts* Maybe they're implementing plastic surgery to go along with the celebrity type sims lol
That could explain the bigger breasts. Doubtful but I'm just amusing myself with the thought.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Test Subject
#107 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:38 PM
What I'm saying is that I could care less about more sliders. What I'm looking forward to is an expanded form of Apartments. I never liked Belladonna Cove in TS2 Apartment Life. Personally, my favorite eps were Nightlife and Apartment life. And If they take the Famous People/ Paparazzi aspect and mush it all together, I will surely be getting this.

Another thing I'm hoping for is Hybrid Lots. Like a Club on the First floor and Apartments up above? I dunno...
Scholar
#108 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:38 PM
Wonder if we'll get elevators to simulate going up to the penthouses?
Test Subject
#109 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:40 PM Last edited by Lady D : 21st Jul 2010 at 7:50 PM. Reason: Cleared some things up.
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
Yes, with World Adventures (and so EVERY PATCH after WA had included then).

Again with this argument ... last time I checked I was not in Australia were women with small breasts are illegal.

Also do you want for me to bring up ratings? How about The Godfather (I and II), Dead Space, APB, Dragon Age, Mass Effect ... ever since Riccitiello Reign in EA they have done plenty of M rated games.

Also lets see what Teen rating description says:

The ONLY rating boards that EA cares about are ESRB and PEGI, PEGI is even more "liberal" that ESRB, having a breast slider is not going to change the rating.

So what exactly are you saying?

First, that women with larger or smaller breasts somehow "break" the T rating and move it to the M rating ...

Second, that they created sliders (or meshes) to show women with larger breast sizes that is a considerable effort and then NOT include then in the final product.

Because your logic is Women with larger breasts -> WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN (never mind the game is rated Teen) -> EA: WHAT HAVE WE DONE? QUICKLY ... DESTROY THE IMMORAL BREAST SLIDERS!

She asked for a reason and I gave mine. I never said that larger breasts were amoral, so even thought of it that way. I don't see it that way, of course not. In fact, I would love it if there was a breast slider. I just don't expect EA to include one for the sims franchise, which is why I mentioned that EA may want to keep their game "family/wholesome". Looking back, I may have used the wrong words, but it's just I've come to expect a certain level from EA regarding The Sims.

And I apologize over the fact that WA, indeed, included more sliders. I just can't think of them off the top of my head.
Instructor
#110 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
- An urban neighborhood.
So, it is it's own neighbourhood or is it a sub-hood? There aren't any more details and the translation isn't the best.
Original text in French:
Quote: Originally posted by jeuxvideo.com
…grâce à Accès VIP , c'est la première fois que les Sims peuvent vivre dans un quartier urbain ouvert dans lequel ils peuvent devenir barman ou vampire pour parcourir la nuit.
My translation:
"…thanks to Late Night, this is the first time your Sims will be able to live in an urban open neighborhood where they can become bartenders or vampires to wander in the night."

What do you think? New neighborhood or sub-neighborhood. I don't think you can live in sub-neighborhoods. That'll cause problems, wouldn't it?

Regarding the subway, I think it'll work like the drill hole. You place several of them around town, then name them and then command your Sim to travel to "[drill hole subway's name]".

How do you think they'll handle music skills?, a different skill for each instrument or Guitar skill renamed to Music?
Scholar
#111 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
Regarding the subway, I think it'll work like the drill hole. You place several of them around town, then name them and then command your Sim to travel to "[drill hole subway's name]".

How do you think they'll handle music skills?, a different skill for each instrument or Guitar skill renamed to Music?

The subway idea is really clever O_O nice one
And i assume each skill is independent....in real life if you know how to play the guitar doesn't mean you can play drums lol
Test Subject
#112 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX

Probably...
Test Subject
#113 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
The subway idea is really clever O_O nice one
And i assume each skill is independent....in real life if you know how to play the guitar doesn't mean you can play drums lol

Ohhh true. But I'm kind of hoping otherwise. Too much to manage. I understand realism, but there's a line where it just becomes to much to the player.
#114 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:42 PM
I definitely think each instrment should be a different skill, but once you learn one, you start on level 5 with each of the others.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:48 PM
Like martial arts and athletic then? That would make sense. It would also make sense that for the rock star career, It would not necessarily have to be the guitar skill that one would have to learn. (but I'm not going to get my hopes up)
Field Researcher
#116 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:50 PM
I just noticed. My parents are going to say "Well, you JUST bought something from the Sims, and now you're buying another one? Why don't you wait a while?" And I'll be like "Nouuu. But it's a new expansion pack! I NEED IT." And they'll say "The only thing you NEED is to not go on the computer so much this summer and go play outside." And I'll be like -_-

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Test Subject
#117 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:06 PM
All I know is:
1) I will be getting this.
2) It does look like a "penthouse" type feature will be implemented
3) There are new instruments
4) There are new careers.
5) There are vampires

What I want to speculate about, is the penthouse/ apartment scenario. In the trailer at about 0:09, it shows some sort of Row House/ Townhome thing.
Forum Resident
#118 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I definitely think each instrment should be a different skill, but once you learn one, you start on level 5 with each of the others.

Yeah, but that's not very realistic. I've played three different instruments, and it's pretty much that you may know and understand one, but that doesn't mean it'll help you know and understand or be able to play the others any faster.

It's not like languages or martial arts/athleticism. After all, martial arts deals with being athletic, so if you're already athletic, then that's one hurdle down.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
It's not like languages or martial arts/athleticism. After all, martial arts deals with being athletic, so if you're already athletic, then that's one hurdle down.

Thats true, but reading music is usually similar for most instruments, as is music theory.
Inventor
#120 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:29 PM
Oh fine - this fall I will see how another great idea is turned into an uninteresting half developed EP from EA without any original charm or creativity. But well, maybe they do it right with the !third! EP. Vampires, hot tubes etc. - "nice" addition to the game which should have been implemented in the basegame. Because otherwise it is just a remake of the sims 2 nightlife. Like the sims 3 is just a better EP of sims 2.
That's just my opinion. But I am known to be pessimistic so I may be wrong.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Scholar
#121 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
Oh fine - this fall I will see how another great idea is turned into an uninteresting half developed EP from EA without any original charm or creativity. But well, maybe they do it right with the !third! EP. Vampires, hot tubes etc. - "nice" addition to the game which should have been implemented in the basegame. Because otherwise it is just a remake of the sims 2 nightlife. Like the sims 3 is just a better EP of sims 2.
That's just my opinion. But I am known to be pessimistic so I may be wrong.

sims 3 is not a better EP of Sims 2, it is only a prettier EP of sims 2.
Theorist
#122 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:51 PM
well I hope this new hood is connected to our base hoods as a sub-hood with subways acting as a mode of travel.
It would be pretty illogical to have for example 'base hood A' linking to Egypt/France/China and then 'base hood B' linking to the same darned sub-hoods.
I think the new hood will be a sub-hood based on what Humble said, something about "TAKE your sims downtown" just like in TS2.
The downtown sub-hood in TS2 was by default always at night too, until you pressed L in hood view.
And they should throw in retail shops while we're on the subject of cities.

Oh: and what does 'fall' actually mean anyway?
I thought it meant august....:/

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
#123 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:57 PM
Fall is American for Autumn.

Field Researcher
#124 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:22 PM
Maybe it will be a new neighborhood and a new subhood...bear with me here.

Maybe you can choose to live in Downtown, making it a new neighborhood. But also, you may be able to travel to Downtown from your existing neighborhood, such as Twin Brook, making it a subhood.

This would also lead to possibly being able to travel from Sunset Valley to Twin Brook.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Test Subject
#125 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:40 PM
I think it was stated earlier that If it was a sub-hood, it would be a little nonsensicle to connect it to rural communities (Riverview, etc.) And you can notice some Base-hood parts in the trailer, too...
Page 5 of 95