Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#2301 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 4:52 AM
@Shoosh, It only happens with new saves. Old saves won't be overwritten. And I always nuke those lots and place my own anyway, because the game never chooses appropriately sized lots for the career lots.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2302 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Hmm, does that mean with the playground set coming out, a basketball hoop will be possible?

Well, there could be in the store. Posted on The Sims 3 Facebook page during the town hall event was,

Quote:
Look forward to FREE Holiday Gifts Set in The Sims 3 Store. We were able to sneak a peek today at The Sims Town Hall. Upcoming store Sets include Animals Abound Playground and Loads of Laundry (your Sim will be able do laundry even without a copy of Ambitions)!
Lab Assistant
#2303 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
Mirrrr, doesn't Holland have the same release date as the UK, being European and all?

Well its really weird. On the EA page it says today but every other shop says Thursday. And i dont know if i can buy it from the English EA site.
Field Researcher
#2304 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:14 AM
For those of you that got it early in Australia, did you guys get to install it then? 'Cause the patch doesn't appear in the Launcher or EADM until the game's official release date, right?

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Field Researcher
#2305 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:27 AM
ok its in german but just went up a few hours ago and has a ton of live action ingame footage happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOa5oHMPKn8

edit: may be a repost of an earlier released video, not sure - sorry if i'm behind the times I haven't seen it before.
Top Secret Researcher
#2306 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:36 AM
Got my copy! Installing now. :D
Test Subject
#2307 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:41 AM
I live in Australia but I will be getting my copy on October 30th, which sucks kind of because this looks like a really awesome expansion pack!
The other one
#2308 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mirrrr
Well its really weird. On the EA page it says today but every other shop says Thursday. And i dont know if i can buy it from the English EA site.

I have the opposite issue. My launcher says It's not available until 29th (prob 'cause I lived in the UK when I first registered and bought the first couple of EPs) but now I live in the US, am not sure if I'll be able to download a compatable version tonight or if I have to wait till 29th....I'm super exited and getting really impatient and I bet I can't even get it tonight

EDIT: Woop woop! Just got an answer from EA (took em long enough!) who said digital copies are non-region specific (or something to that effect) so I can definitely download it from the US site....just hope the download version is released at midnight the same as the hardcopy version though I don't see why it wouldn't be. *squee*

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#2309 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Got my copy! Installing now. :D

lucky you
Eminence Grise
#2310 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
I let my mom "borrow" $20 from me for gas. I dunno if I can get it tomorrow, though. I might be able to let my dad help me out with it, but I...didn't have the best of days today. ^-^;

Hope things are ok with you *hugz*
Instructor
#2311 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:07 AM
Installing it at this very moment! Yay
Instructor
#2312 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:10 AM
Pics pics pics!
Field Researcher
#2313 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:13 AM
I'm playing it now, and I have to report that, one, the city is AWESOME, and two, the vampires are incredibly easy to find. Several of them are in playable families! Time to whip out the Buffy sim...
Mad Poster
#2314 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:19 AM
I got mine a while ago but the installation and special downloads took forever (the exclusives code is no longer on a flyer like before but on your GameStop receipt if you purchased it there). I can't wait to play! I hope that it lives up to the hype. We will see!

EDIT: The Red Carpet exclusive items for registering your game is a total joke. The GameStop preorder exclusives put them to shame. Jeez, lol.
Field Researcher
#2315 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
all states have it today? i thought they couldn't legally sell it until tuesday? :\

There was no street date on Late Night, so as soon as stores received stock they could sell it. My manager gave me a ring as soon as it came in.
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
For those of you that got it early in Australia, did you guys get to install it then? 'Cause the patch doesn't appear in the Launcher or EADM until the game's official release date, right?

I played for a few hours yesterday after I brought it home.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Theorist
#2316 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:52 AM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 26th Oct 2010 at 7:44 AM.
I got the game! I wasn't quite prepared to get it today since I had to study for an exam last night. I'll have to do a quick export of my favorite families to the bin before installing so I don't miss them while playing Bridgeport. Hopefully I can get some pics up in the next hour or two! I don't think I've been this excited for a Sims EP since Seasons!

Edit: Done installing! My game version is now 6.0.81.009001. Time to play! I'll download those bonus items later. :P
The other one
#2317 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 8:10 AM
I am sad face. It's 0010 and the game is still not available for download from EA site. Guess the digital version doesn't get released at the same time as the physical copy

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#2318 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 8:11 AM
I really want this expansion...but chances are my family will probably want me to wait to get it until XMas...EAxis would probably need to patch up whatever bugs pop up with the new expansion between now and then, anyway...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
Theorist
#2319 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 8:33 AM
Oh wow...this is disappointing. Whenever I try to play a family in Bridgeport, the game crashes to the desktop instantly. I had CAS and objects in my mods folder still so I took that out, but the same thing happened again. I'm not sure yet if this is the same with every neighborhood, but at any rate I can't play in Bridgeport. I suspect Late Night somehow upped the requirements so that my standard MacBook can't play the game even though the requirements on the box are the same. Or it could be that Bridgeport in particular is really CPU heavy. This is not good.
Lab Assistant
#2320 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:14 AM
@Captain Did you do the DEP thing for Late Night?
Mad Poster
#2321 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Panique
There was no street date on Late Night, so as soon as stores received stock they could sell it. My manager gave me a ring as soon as it came in.

i hate my life haha. i had no idea.
Theorist
#2322 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:22 AM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 26th Oct 2010 at 12:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfgurl685
@Captain Did you do the DEP thing for Late Night?

DEP? I've never heard of it before your post, but after a quick Google search this is apparently enabled for me by default as I'm a Mac user.

To make things more clear, what happened to me is that I can get into Bridgeport just fine. However, after I've chosen a family and clicked the checkmark, the game zooms in on the active sim. The neighborhood starts to render for a second, but then the game crashes. It's times like these I wish the game would tell me exactly why it crashed, even if it's a simple case of memory overload. The only things I can try now are to try starting a new neighborhood that's not Bridgeport and without Sims3packs enabled, and if that doesn't work I'll try reinstalling the game with just the base game and LN to see if it's just that my MacBook can't handle 3 EPs and 2 SPs at once. If neither of those work...well, I'll have start a new game without LN and Awesomemod installed (to be extra clear, I took out every mod and it still crashes). If the game somehow works with just the new patch installed then I'll be even more annoyed. Man, I did not expect this much trouble as the only graphical improvement are the reflections which were turned off by default anyway.

Here's the interesting things I've come across:

-The loading music changes up between the old theme and the new one. I started up the game 4 times and the new theme played every second time. Once more EPs are out, this will definitely be a step up from being stuck with one loading screen song in previous games.
-The game somehow knows which neighborhoods are cities and which neighborhoods are towns from the main menu screen. The city icon has bulidings and the town icon has a few small houses. I wonder how the game knows this, we'll probably know once CAW is updated.
-Ambitions lot were not placed automatically in Bridgeport. The game didn't even ask me if I wanted to place them.
-For the world editor, all the new trees are available. However, the only new object is the stadium sign from the base game. I'm not surprised, but I can't see why EA has disabled everything else (except the bridge since we can't use the world editor with those anyway)
-If you want to put in a new family in Bridgeport that has more than two sims, good luck finding a place if you don't want them in an apartment. All the unoccupied houses have only 1 BR, unless the one by the waterfall has more but I forgot to click that one. Clearly, Bridgeport is aimed at singles and couples. From the premades I saw they were all one or two sim families too.
-There's only one unoccupied house in the Beverly Hills-like part, and again it's a small 1 BR home.
-Like Twinbrook, there don't seem to be any roads leading out of Bridgeport. In fact, one of the roads that would go out has a ditch partway through it and there's some rocks, possibly hinting an earthquake happened earlier.
-The welcome wagon feature from TS2 is back! I didn't even realize I missed this, but I did.
-You cannot choose the new bar foods as favorite foods.
-The Bridgeport clubs are all in the lot bin. Very lucky for me!
-Found some cool new patterns in CAS. Pics coming soon!

Bugs I've found:

-In CAS, I cannot change the hairstyle in any category except for everyday and athletic.
-If you click on your car to go to a community lot and select a club that's not yet open, the command will drop from the queue.
-The CAS music bug happens to me right away instead of it happening after two songs play. Still fixed by going into the sound test and playing a song though.
-While I was at the disco club, the music playing from the wall speakers suddenly cut out. No clue why this happened.

All in all, from my very brief first impression I'm sad to say that if I could play the game, I don't think I would stick with Bridgeport in the long run if I really wanted to. That is unless I were to find places that don't mess up the terrain so I could place new lots or just demolish the existing houses and do it myself. I'm not much of a builder though. :P

Update: Just did a short play session in Twinbrook and with Sims3packs disabled, and it worked fine! There was a slightly longer loading time to start up my family, but otherwise things are pretty much normal. Looks like it really may be that Bridgeport is too much for my MacBook to handle as it crashed the game yet again. Twinbrook definitely loaded a bit faster than Bridgeport. I'll keep updating in case anyone else has the same trouble as me.
Retired
retired moderator
#2323 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:38 AM
Are the pre-made deceased Sims also green, as in Twinbrook and Barnacle Bay? I'm fairly certain they're prepped for zombification in some future EP... ...it's odd and interesting.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2324 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:43 AM
So when's the patch coming out? I keep checking but it's not being given to me.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#2325 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 2:08 PM
Sheeeeet.. You lucky buggaz! I'm not going to get my hopes up till Nov 1st.. seriously, what with me living in the sodding UK and it's nasty release date together with the incompetent postal service, why should I expect it to arrive in good time.. Maybe I should expect it Nov 5... hmm.. </winge>
Page 93 of 95