Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#1776 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qpldmff
Memories and adjustable lifespans were basically the selling points of this EP to me. But now, I get them for free. Thank you so much, EA!

LOL, right? I was going to buy the EP solely for the adjustable lifespans but now...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1777 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:52 PM
Well I don't know about other sims, but maids definitely have memories.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Forum Resident
#1778 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:10 PM
From looking at the new kids clothes. There is jackets and sweaters so may be a hint for seasons next ep with pets but who knows. Alos found a mod on maty about the imaginary friend. Will see if lets purchase at the science lab.
Field Researcher
#1779 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 10:49 PM
My launcher doesn't realize that Generations is out yet (no icon at the bottom) and believes my game to be up to date. Eek.
Top Secret Researcher
#1780 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 11:14 PM
My launcher doesn't realize that Generations is out yet (no icon at the bottom) and believes my game to be up to date. Eek.

Same. No patch for me.
Scholar
#1781 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 11:16 PM

Neither has mine. =/

I want that patch. D:

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Theorist
#1782 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 12:30 AM
You guys looking for the patch that's on the official site? I didn't have a problem downloading it yesterday via my launcher. I kept checking the site and my launcher. It wasn't showing up on my launcher, so I uninstalled my EADM, I reinstalled it, updated it and logged in to EADM. Then open your launcher and you should see there is a Game Update waiting for you. Go from there.
Lab Assistant
#1783 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 12:39 AM
About the imaginary friend... I think there are several options.

1) if your kid is miserable/lonely, and don't really get any real friends... they get an imaginary friend. Like the pink rabbit that used to come in TS1(or was it TS2?) when people got very lonely.

2) They have this stuffed toy that they sleep with in their beds and play with all the time, since they're toddlers (at least my toddler does). Maybe this will, eventually, develop into an imaginary friend if the child plays with it enough.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson
Scholar
#1784 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
You guys looking for the patch that's on the official site? I didn't have a problem downloading it yesterday via my launcher. I kept checking the site and my launcher. It wasn't showing up on my launcher, so I uninstalled my EADM, I reinstalled it, updated it and logged in to EADM. Then open your launcher and you should see there is a Game Update waiting for you. Go from there.

I didn't uninstall and reinstall EADM but I opened it up to update it earlier to see if that was the problem. It needed to be updated and it is fully updated now. I opened up The Sims 3 launch window afterward and nothing changed.

Now EADM doesn't work and won't open up at all. (I clicked on it a while ago and it hasn't opened). What is it with EA and all of their stuff having so many issues? Geez... -_-

I'm scared to do any actual uninstalling because I have "The Sims 2 Store Edition" to run the objects that I purchased (the ones that the site worked enough to let me purchase anyway). The "Store Edition" has already screwed up my The Sims 2 copy enough (it removed like all of my Apartment Life objects) and I really don't want to screw it up any more than that.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Lab Assistant
#1785 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:16 AM
Ok, I've finally gotten over the whole "I didn't have to buy this EP! All I wanted was memories!" And I actually don't think it's that bad. I've started playing around with pranks and enjoying the bunk beds and spiral staircases and I still like it. I think for me it will make everyday life in the game more enjoyable even if it didn't reach it's full potential. They could've added alot more, though.
Field Researcher
#1786 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:18 AM
Erm, is there a way to change EADM to English? Mine is mysteriously in Chinese and I can only read every other sentence.
Test Subject
#1787 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:40 AM
Anyone know why I can't download the patch? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling EADM. I've tried removing all my CC. I can't get the patch to work, therefore the game won't download. I know this should be under Help, but I can't find anything in there that is useful. Anyone have any idea??
Theorist
#1788 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:32 AM
Maybe you have to download the patch manually? I know that at least with Mac users it borks the launcher if you download the patch through the automatic update thing, so a SimGuru provided the links to download an update that you have to point to the base game. Maybe Windows has a similar problem.
Mad Poster
#1789 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:04 AM
Here is the link for manual downloading the patch @ the official forums: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380915.page

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#1790 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:15 AM
But that patch is only for those with only the base game, right?

I have Late Night...

Theorist
#1791 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:46 AM
From what I've read, there are no updates at all for the EPs. Just one big file for the base game. Apparently it does fix the vampire bed though, so maybe all the EP updates are finally rolled into one?
Lab Assistant
#1792 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:57 AM
I've heard the patch can potentially screw up any games with SPs or EPS, which is why they didn't officially release it or something (Probably also why what it does to EPs isn't listed in full) I think they're meant to be working on it to fix the massive failure.

If this isn't true I'd love to know because I've been twiddling my fingers waiting until it's released.

Though of course this is all just talk from over at the forums, so it's probably not true at all :P

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Field Researcher
#1793 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:17 AM
This patch thing is very very strange. I mean, my game updated itself while installing, and I have no problems except the horrible lag.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Field Researcher
#1794 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:25 AM
Fine, I admit it. My game did crash a lot at first, but now it's kinda fine. I must say the performance on the other hand is quite an improvement

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Mad Poster
#1795 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:49 AM
I haven't had a crash yet (hits forehead to knock on wood) but there is some lag sometimes. It comes around every so often.

I did notice that it doesn't take forever to load my patterns, especially the ones that I have a lot of. My wood, fabric, geometric, themed patterns just whipped right through them.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#1796 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:56 AM
I have just got the game! :D

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Scholar
#1797 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:36 AM
Is it true that married sims now automatically wear wedding rings?

I kind of liked that they did in Sims2. Makes it easier to spot unmarried sims for my singles to pounce on.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Lab Assistant
#1798 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:45 AM
Good to hear about the patch not totalling any games. Will have to back up and give it a go for myself!
I always like trying the patch before I get the game (It comes out tomorrow for me) because it lets me get used to some new features and spreads the enjoyment out over a few days

Hope it just lags a bit and doesn't die. *fingers crossed*

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Test Subject
#1799 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:22 PM
im really confused about the imaginary friend... my toddler sim had a toy pony, does that mean that if she playes with the pony lots then when she is older it'll turn into her imaginary friend?

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Field Researcher
#1800 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Best Name Ever
im really confused about the imaginary friend... my toddler sim had a toy pony, does that mean that if she playes with the pony lots then when she is older it'll turn into her imaginary friend?

OMGZ that would be awesome but... no.

There is a specific toy for this.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Page 72 of 73