Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:39 AM
Default What pets related glitches or oddities or weirdness you had encounter?
I figure we should compile a list of known glitches or anything that doesn't feel right. So that maybe the lurking modders or EA people can figure something out.

Here's mine:

1. When kitten running around, they will forget other motives decay. They will keep running without eating or peeing or do anything without dropping the run from queue.

2. This is not exactly a glitch, but just odd. My sim seems to mourn the death of her hamster/womrat a lot more than her own ex-husband. :P
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:54 AM
Large dogs and horses need to back and fill to turn around, like a truck, because they don't bend in the middle :/ This is the thing that bugs me most.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:57 AM
Default Weird Glitch that's causing problems!
I can't adjust markings or layers in the whole custom mode thing! It doesn't work!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
This is not exactly a glitch, but just odd. My sim seems to mourn the death of her hamster/womrat a lot more than her own ex-husband. :P

It's an EX-husband. Maybe she had something to do with it.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:22 AM
If you move out half a household including a horse while someone who's supposed to remain is riding the horse, he goes with them. And disappears or something.

Learned that one the hard way. I tried to split up the cowboy family while the guy that was staying was riding the other's horse, and ended up with a household consisting just of the mare Shadow. Whoops? Oddly enough...I can't find the household that moved out. They just vanished.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
It's an EX-husband. Maybe she had something to do with it.

Or she just likes pets a lot more than humans. I know what that's like.
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:10 AM
For some unknown reason, when I get close to my cats or dogs, it turns them into a weird green and black color. When I back up a bit, they turn into their normal skin again. It does that for all cats and dogs I've seen, not just mine. And it doesn't affect horses, which I find weird, but whatever:P

"And if you look out of the right hand side of the aircraft, you'll notice that the right wing is on fire."
Call me Dei
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XXDeidaraXX
For some unknown reason, when I get close to my cats or dogs, it turns them into a weird green and black color. When I back up a bit, they turn into their normal skin again. It does that for all cats and dogs I've seen, not just mine. And it doesn't affect horses, which I find weird, but whatever:P

Sounds like a graphics settings thing. I had a bug like that at first where the cats and dogs rendered all doubled and pixelated onscreen but the horses were perfect. Mucked around with the graphics settings and I think advanced rendering fixed it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:10 AM
This:

It only happened once and seems pretty harmless as they went back to normal about a sim minute later. Just so you know, the second cat's coloring isn't a glitch. He was made to look like candycorn.

Also, in that same game (not a glitch), the icecream truck stopped at the graveyard at 3 am. Do they serve ghosts too?
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:30 AM
Oh yes, let's not forget how the icecream truck parks outside your house for hours on end plotting your kidnapping.
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meowcatmeowkitty
It only happened once and seems pretty harmless as they went back to normal about a sim minute later.

That looks like a case of pets using the sim rig, a bug that Twallan said was associated with some versions of some of his mods. Are you using any of them? If so you might want to check for an update (several have been updated more than once this week).

If not, I bet it is still the same issue, only triggered by something else.
Scholar
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
That looks like a case of pets using the sim rig, a bug that Twallan said was associated with some versions of some of his mods. Are you using any of them? If so you might want to check for an update (several have been updated more than once this week).

No, I've had it too, and at the time I had no mods installed. I think it's some sort of bizarre pathing thing, it was happening when my horses tried to rotate.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:57 AM
When I loaded the new world, it was completely unpopulated. No sims or pets at anywhere. I haven’t had the chance to load a new version to see if it happens again. Anyone else have this problem?

Large dogs and horses need to back and fill to turn around, like a truck,
because they don't bend in the middle :/ This is the thing that bugs me most.

Big dogs do this too then? I thought it was really strange when I saw my horse do it. I thought the same thing you did.
A part of me likes the absurdity of it though. I kind of wanted a beep beep sound effect to go with the action.
It must look a whole lot stranger when a dog does it.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 8:27 AM

I had removed all cc in my mods folder, including all of Twallan's mods, so I don't think it was caused by that. Maybe it was another piece of CC that I did leave.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
Or she just likes pets a lot more than humans. I know what that's like.

B-b-but... Its a WOMRAT!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:29 AM
I've seen a few broken meshes from afar but no lasting problem except... my pets can't learn any skills D: They learn them just fine on their own, my horse learned how to jump by practising on its own, but while interacting with a sim they can't learn anything. The experience bar doesn't rise Sooo... no tricks and no hunting for me.

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Inventor
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I figure we should compile a list of known glitches or anything that doesn't feel right. So that maybe the lurking modders or EA people can figure something out.

Here's mine:

1. When kitten running around, they will forget other motives decay. They will keep running without eating or peeing or do anything without dropping the run from queue.

2. This is not exactly a glitch, but just odd. My sim seems to mourn the death of her hamster/womrat a lot more than her own ex-husband. :P

1. Not just kittens, had a dog do it all the time, she had the hyper trait.

2. Had a variation to that happen too. I made a family of two to test the new EP. The woman found a Chinchilla and I kept it in it's tank for about 4 game weeks until it suddendly died around 3am. Her boyfriend gets out of bed and starts mourning, then goes back to bed, gets up again to mourn... rinse and repaet 4 more times, all the time his girlfriend is vast a sleep, she being the one that caught it, played with it and watched it all the time, he only gave it some food every now or then...
Sims...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
1. Not just kittens, had a dog do it all the time, she had the hyper trait.

2. Had a variation to that happen too. I made a family of two to test the new EP. The woman found a Chinchilla and I kept it in it's tank for about 4 game weeks until it suddendly died around 3am. Her boyfriend gets out of bed and starts mourning, then goes back to bed, gets up again to mourn... rinse and repaet 4 more times, all the time his girlfriend is vast a sleep, she being the one that caught it, played with it and watched it all the time, he only gave it some food every now or then...
Sims...

Yeah. The womrat was also raised by the dead husband. The wife barely even look at the thing. But now she mourning it like its the end of the world. XD
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:13 AM
Seems like a funny thing to complain about, but I feel that riding skill and pet skills (hunting) go up too fast. My horsey sim keeps getting skill levels in riding just from riding to the equestrian center and back.

There's something odd about motive display with my horse... when I select her, she often has a couple of very low motives, which don't pop back to the proper display value for a couple of seconds (and only when the game isn't paused). This seems to happen with hygiene... which horses don't HAVE (they have exercise in that slot)... but she'll get stink clouds as if she DID have low hygiene. Something funny going on there, but I can't put my finger on it.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:37 PM
I have no pet related traits. They are all the human ones... Help!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#21 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:38 PM
dominoes - Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:44 PM
Sorry...
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:19 PM
It doesn't take long to teach a cat to hunt in real life, they do it naturally and a short time on a horse can make a huge difference, my riding lessons are only 30-90 minutes (lesson, more ponies in the school).

My Simblr: Here
Theorist
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:54 PM
The first time I saw a deer, it was black in color. I zoomed in on it and it turned brown. Now everytime I see a deer, from any distance, it is an appropriate brown color.

This isn't a glitch, but I hate the way deer run. They aren't kangaroos, EA! I get that they were going for that bounding motion that deer make, but the animation is just too choppy or something. They look silly!

I've seen the oddness with the horses and their motives. As soon as I click on my horse, I see the exercise bar is way low and then it pops right back up to near full, where it should be considering that the horse just went running all over the lot. I wonder it this could possibly be intentional? Maybe this makes the horses more likely to want to go ride or race when you're controlling your other household members? Then again, maybe it's just a glitch!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 3:38 PM

I also had this happen with no mods or CC installed. I saw it at the Cat Ladies house when the cats "cleaned self". It only lasted for a second then they were normal again. I have not seen it on another lot.

Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
...This isn't a glitch, but I hate the way deer run. They aren't kangaroos, EA! I get that they were going for that bounding motion that deer make, but the animation is just too choppy or something. They look silly!...

Totally agree and thought the same thing!
Page 1 of 11