Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#51 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:04 AM
The store magic stuff isn't "magic" stuff, really. The cauldron comes close, but it's still absolutely not the same thing. Just kind of bland, interaction-that-does-one-thing objects. Kinda like if someone (Say, Simslice?) made fake "Magic" for Sims 1. It's just not the same as the actual magic and magical objects.

The Cauldron/reagents from this EP will definitely be more than the cauldron from the store- which you just stick a few gems in. The store stuff is more "bland additions for people who don't get the magic EP or didn't want to wait to see if one would exist."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:09 AM
The speculation for this new expansion pack is interesting and all, but one thing has been bothering me since this information was released. And that is, there will be more social features with this expansion pack! EA isn't finished with Simport, especially after releasing Patch 1.32, which "fixed" the user-created Custom Content going through Simmers' games. Oh, they are just getting started. More locked content here we come! Also, there will be more achievements, the in-game chat feature will return, for the people who didn't buy Showtime but bought the next expansion pack, and of course, more spamming that will be added to Simmers' My Pages. But hey, I could be wrong; I don't have a source for this information, just pure speculation. Other than that, I will try to stay updated on the information regarding this upcoming expansion pack. I hope the werewolves are better this time around.
Scholar
#53 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:10 AM
I kind of like this take on a Magic ep. Sounds more interesting to me then Showtime anyway. But it is still no Seasons ep. I'm starting to wonder now if EA gave up on that or simple not planning to create seasons for The Sims 3 Maybe it is not possible with current engine.
Scholar
#54 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
It's worse when you see most of it on a Sim, Matrix. :/

Oh now we have to see this. Share the pain?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:31 AM
Meh, couldn't care less about this. I'm disappointed. Hopefully the EP will contain enough new "general" interactions and objects that will enhance the game for those of us who don't want the magic aspect. Not holding my breath though...
Forum Resident
#56 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:34 AM
It just occured to me. The fact that their formula of releasing EP always ends with Magic EP, kind of worries me though.
Scholar
#57 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
It just occured to me. The fact that their formula of releasing EP always ends with Magic EP, kind of worries me though.

I wouldn't be worried about it too much.

Showtime already pretty much broke an established formula. Unless somebody really wants to stretch it and consider SHT a 'new idea'.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#58 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:07 AM Last edited by Arisuka : 10th Mar 2012 at 5:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
The store magic stuff isn't "magic" stuff, really. The cauldron comes close, but it's still absolutely not the same thing. Just kind of bland, interaction-that-does-one-thing objects. Kinda like if someone (Say, Simslice?) made fake "Magic" for Sims 1. It's just not the same as the actual magic and magical objects.

The Cauldron/reagents from this EP will definitely be more than the cauldron from the store- which you just stick a few gems in. The store stuff is more "bland additions for people who don't get the magic EP or didn't want to wait to see if one would exist."

Yes, my point was that EA released all this half-assed "magic" over at the store, and a lot of people probably thought that "oh well, this is probably the best we are going to ever get" and bought it (=most likely EXACTLY the result that EA was after). I'd feel pretty damn screwed if I was one of those people. EA is so devious, it's unbelievable!

Also, this whole social thing in The Sims they are trying to push... This is a single-player sandbox game, and has always been. So why are they insisting on turning it into Second Life or something... just... not a big fan of all this social stuff.

And about the weather and seasons... there have been weather and seasons visual effects in the game's coding since AMB (possibly even earlier). Look at all the visual effects coming with the magic EP, the weather visuals is just the same visual effects stuff and nothing more, so the engine is more than able to show weather as well as sparkly fairy-wings.
So we are going to see it some day. They are definitely holding it back, but it'll come.
Scholar
#59 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:08 AM
To answer your question, Arisuka, because EA does not and has never understood the Sims series. That understanding of the basic concept ended with Maxis.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas

I had that same though Earlier. There's so much the game hasn't done yet but can. I'm not talking about weather and university, but just... a lot of stuff. IF EA wants a new sims theme, amusement Parks. Get crackin'.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:22 AM Last edited by LadyAngua : 10th Mar 2012 at 4:35 AM.
Did I read somewhere that this was coming in June? And then there will be another before Xmas. That's 3 EP's in a year. Maybe they have given up on stuff packs and will just do EP's and store stuff. Or are they going to hammer us with an EP every 4 months, with SP's in between and new and premium store content every month. Ouch in the hip pocket for those who feel it's necessary to own everything.

Aargh! I just read about the In game gifting system. Has EA been having drinks with Zynga? What if we have to rely on gift from friends to complete recipes?!? I am envisioning a horrific future where our EA accounts are spammed with begging posts and people are complaining in the forums that XYZSim keeps visiting them and stealing light fixtures instead of tending the garden. Aargh!
Scholar
#62 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
Did I read somewhere that this was coming in June? And then there will be another before Xmas. That's 3 EP's in a year. Maybe they have given up on stuff packs and will just do EP's and store stuff. Or are they going to hammer us with an EP every 4 months, with SP's in between and new and premium store content every month. Ouch in the hip pocket for those who feel it's necessary to own everything.

Nothing is known about this EP aside from what was in the patch (meaning we have absolutely nothing on a release date).

There are only two EPs a year. I can't see them changing that here.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#63 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:31 AM
I hope they don't change it to more than 2 a year. There are enough problems and glitches with those! Can you imagine if they increased their workload? Also, yeah, I would have to find out a LOT more about a magic EP before getting it. Not saying no ( I said that this time and look at me) but I rarely used the magic features in AL for sims 2 and didn't have the expansion for sims 1. I typically play for, mostly, realism. I've not played any of the other life states so far. So, we'd have to see.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#64 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:34 AM
This makes me excited. But I feel bad for those who don't want magic.. the only normal thing I see is bee keeping.
But I can't wait to see more. I hope that a trailer or something gets leaked next. lol.
I wonder if kids can learn magic. To bad there isn't a pet dragon to go with it like in the sims 1. I would really like a carnival type theme. But carnivals would require some rides and like concession stands and I can't imagine them adding that as well.
Retired
retired moderator
#65 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:50 AM
In the event that the viewer goes blind, dumb, or dry retches, Kiwi_tea waives all responsibility for the effects of this image (if they can be proven effects of this image beyond reasonable doubt), and in the case that the viewer (a) has an undeclared pecuniary interest in their continued thrivance howsoever (b) is currently using an internet-based platform, Kiwi_tea demands full monetary compensation for any moral indignation he might feel towards the viewer, who must - unless prevented from doing so by reason of being (a) a minor (b) lazy - fork over a cash quantity roughly equivalent to the measure of hedons an average person of sound mind feels when petting an infant of the species Felis catus. Failure to abide by this agreement will nullify it.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#66 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:04 AM
I'll be definitely be gettin' this that SHT... I'm excited 'bout this EP, and I don't care if they release seasons type EP first than magic EP, or vice versa. Both of it are great!

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:25 AM
^Those aren't that bad. Awkward and out of place, but cool.

Scholar
#68 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:36 AM
WHY. WHY.

...WHY.

Oh god, I could see if you had color sliders like we have now, where you can choose a nice, delicate shade of green or whatever. But when your choices are "Bright Pink" or "Bright Blue"? What the hell kind of fairy werewolf thing is that going to make?

WHY, EA?

Also. I'll tell you right now. Any of you guys even think of sending one of those monstrosities through SimPort into my game once Ep7 comes out...*grabs shotgun* I've played a whole lot of zombie games. And rainbow sims might as well be zombies.

Forum Resident
#69 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:39 AM
I Wanna Dance Around Naked...i'm So Excited...no I'm Ultra-over-super-duper Excited...this Is Magical Magical Indeed Good Raven Lord Has Answer My Pray.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:44 AM
So... Am I the only one who doesn't want any magic in the game. The vampires are annoying enough. Granted I never played sims 1 and so maybe I'm judging too soon. I got into sims 2 later than most of you and can't recall if there was magic. I missed an ep or two.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#71 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:46 AM
The beauty of Expansion Packs - It's optional. EPs usually have nice features in all EPs, regardless of overall theme.

Forum Resident
#72 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 6:10 AM
I'm crazy for Magic, it's like a dream come true, I think we have made it clear on the sale of Store Magic set that magic is trendy and popular enough for EA to head right into this direction. And the fact that my sims could turn into fairies, is it purely awesome?
Forum Resident
#73 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 6:14 AM
Ya it be nice too be able too have faries be the preformers for showtime or werewolfs.
Test Subject
#74 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 6:22 AM
I'm lovin this.

But I have a question. Can a Vampire and a Werewolf have a half vampire half werewolf baby?
Test Subject
#75 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dispear
I'm lovin this.

But I have a question. Can a Vampire and a Werewolf have a half vampire half werewolf baby?

I would love vampire/werewolf hybrids.
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Supernatural's out! Yay!
Page 3 of 105