Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired
retired moderator
#76 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:19 AM

A few more things hiding in BuyDebug mode.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Advertisement
#77 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:29 AM
Furniture Style(s):
I predict either Gothic, or something carnival themed.

Apples can be poisoned (Sims can be poisoned)
-Potions: Anti-Nausea, Nausea Inducing, Clone Drone, Energy Stabilizer, Invigoration, Lasting Skill, Stink, Zombification

Gameplay:
-New ingredients: Bee's Wax, Honey, Fairy Dust.
-Fairies can play tricks on Sims.
-Sims can Woo-Hoo, have parites and sleep in the fairy house.
-Fairies can transform.
-Sims can shape shift.
-Sims can Woo-Hoo in the wardrobe.
-Wizards can summon a chest, or something pops out of it.
-Sims can be attacked by bees.
-Sim can, possibly, travel in the wardrobe.
-Fairy Nectar can be made.
-Sims can be turned into toads.
-Mentors are given to, I believe, wizards.
-Sims can hold psychic conventions.

^
Like those features. Sound very promising
Forum Resident
#78 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:31 AM
haha, so lovely...I wish we could have pet dragon, some sheeps for my innocent red riding hood would be awesome...but that would be against EA's traditonal broken EP-intergration.
Test Subject
#79 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:34 AM
Ooh. I'll just save my money and wait for this EP then. I was feeling a bit weird about skipping Showtime but it didn't appeal to me at all. Now I have something to look forward to. Witches, zombies, fairies, werewolves, oh my! I sense some True Blood and Buffy characters coming soon to my game!
Field Researcher
#80 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chellekat7
Ooh. I'll just save my money and wait for this EP then. I was feeling a bit weird about skipping Showtime but it didn't appeal to me at all. Now I have something to look forward to. Witches, zombies, fairies, werewolves, oh my! I sense some True Blood and Buffy characters coming soon to my game!

BUFFY! YES! We can finally have proper Oz, Willow, and Tara sims!
One Minute Ninja'd
#81 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dispear
I'm lovin this.

But I have a question. Can a Vampire and a Werewolf have a half vampire half werewolf baby?

What?? Don't you know that violates the laws of nature?
Mad Poster
#82 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 9:47 AM
kiwi_tea: Those toys are adorable. I have to say I feel sorry for the person who will get the blame for the leak. Unless it's that stupid woman who does all the horrible SP videos. But I know it's not her because she's the SP lady and barely capable using a computer so it's very very unlikely she is responsible.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
kiwi_tea: Those toys are adorable. I have to say I feel sorry for the person who will get the blame for the leak. Unless it's that stupid woman who does all the horrible SP videos. But I know it's not her because she's the SP lady and barely capable using a computer so it's very very unlikely she is responsible.

I highly doubt that something this big could get out accidentally. I think this was a planned leak. There is a lot of controversy with SHT with Simport and how it's like Late Night in some respects, so I think this is a similar situation to GEN and the leaked Pets trailer. It's like, "Hey, have this expansion pack that you may or may not like, but OH MY GOD what is that shiny thing over there it's AMAZING! LOOK at it! LOOK HOW AWESOME IT IS! I wonder what it could be?! Is it...CLUES TO THE NEXT TOTALLY AWESOME EXPANSION PACK? HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT SIMPORT YET?! NO?! Look at this Loch Ness monster toy and stuff!!!!! SPARKLY FAIRY WINGS!!!!"
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 10:34 AM
Werewolves AND Fairies?! OMG I can't wait :')
Does anyone know when this will be officially anounced? :$

Life Stage: Young Adult

Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Dog Person, Over-Emotional, Good

LTW: Master of the Arts
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 10:39 AM
mmm zombies, I miss my zombie girls
Test Subject
#86 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 10:44 AM
Agreed, the leek might have been planned to please the ppl who were bitchin' about Showtime :P

I'm personally not going crazy. Why? Because Sims everyday life still lacks a lot of aspects. I mean why adding x-tras like sparkling fairies when a basic thing like ass grabbing is still missing? X.X
EA should learn to compose EPs. Maxis made it perfectly with The Sims. You know, sparkly x-tra things like Magic and stardom were added as a finishing touch, when sims everyday life was full of nice things to do.

On the other hand, this is still one hell of a entertaining EP. I really like TS1 Makin" Magic *childhood memories* and it seems to be pretty similiar.
New sliders? COOL. Poisoned apples? FUCK YEA. Zombies? YES! I loved TS2 zombies, they were so oldschool Romero's style of zombies with scary walk and so on ^^ I hope TS3 ones will be the same.
And I'm happy because a lot of ppl so wanted Magic, it's nice to see the crowd squirtin' with joy..
Mad Poster
#87 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:03 AM
There are several new images of the moon in the leaked 1.32, a half-moon, quarter-moon etc.; presumably they are planning on the moon going through this cycle and possibly tying this to the werewolf, who can only transform during the full moon? Here are a couple of the moon images shown in Starlight Shores:

There is also a CASP titled cuAccessoryEP7VampireTeeth and 3 _IMG files of the child vamp teeth.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Inventor
#88 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:09 AM
I think the problem with EA is that they only look at the bottom line and invest just as much as they need to sell the product, ignoring the reputation of the franchise. In the case of The Sims 3, there is practically no competition, so they cut down the budget to a bare minimum and the devs are left in the dust, forced to make skeleton EPs that only just cover what you can put in a trailer and feature list and don't "waste" any time on padding that make the whole experience better without being a feature you can market.

I honestly think the only way to change that (if not some other company steps up to try to take advantage of the dissatisfaction of many Sims players) would be to create an Open Source sim game by the fans for the fans.

As for the actual topic at hand: I also found some animations in the DeltaBuild0, like a2a_alchemyPotion_throwPotionAt_potion and some other potion related ones. Haven't tried them yet.
Forum Resident
#89 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FridaKahlo
I highly doubt that something this big could get out accidentally. I think this was a planned leak. There is a lot of controversy with SHT with Simport and how it's like Late Night in some respects, so I think this is a similar situation to GEN and the leaked Pets trailer. It's like, "Hey, have this expansion pack that you may or may not like, but OH MY GOD what is that shiny thing over there it's AMAZING! LOOK at it! LOOK HOW AWESOME IT IS! I wonder what it could be?! Is it...CLUES TO THE NEXT TOTALLY AWESOME EXPANSION PACK? HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT SIMPORT YET?! NO?! Look at this Loch Ness monster toy and stuff!!!!! SPARKLY FAIRY WINGS!!!!"

This totally makes sense. I don't think they forgot heaps of data on such a tiny patch and what that patch does is to fix the lame SimPort - an unpleasant addon that continue to anger the crowd with that freaking cc-attachment and saved sim spam.
You are such a foxy bitch EA, but all I want to talk about now is MAGIC.
Test Subject
#90 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FridaKahlo
BUFFY! YES! We can finally have proper Oz, Willow, and Tara sims!

It was the first thing I thought of! I can finally have a proper Sunnydale with all the characters like in TS2!

Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
There are several new images of the moon in the leaked 1.32, a half-moon, quarter-moon etc.; presumably they are planning on the moon going through this cycle and possibly tying this to the werewolf, who can only transform during the full moon?

Oh I hope so, that would be awesome. I remember every time my werewolf sims would transform in TS2 my game would lag so much. It was always around 8pm every night!
Test Subject
#91 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
Meh, couldn't care less about this. I'm disappointed. Hopefully the EP will contain enough new "general" interactions and objects that will enhance the game for those of us who don't want the magic aspect. Not holding my breath though...

I second this!
Field Researcher
#92 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
I think the problem with EA is that they only look at the bottom line and invest just as much as they need to sell the product, ignoring the reputation of the franchise. In the case of The Sims 3, there is practically no competition, so they cut down the budget to a bare minimum and the devs are left in the dust, forced to make skeleton EPs that only just cover what you can put in a trailer and feature list and don't "waste" any time on padding that make the whole experience better without being a feature you can market.

I honestly think the only way to change that (if not some other company steps up to try to take advantage of the dissatisfaction of many Sims players) would be to create an Open Source sim game by the fans for the fans.

I've said this, too. I quit playing Sims 3 in 2009 out of disgust with EA. I came back a couple years later because they did make some much needed improvements. Now it seems like they've shifted back to lackadaisical mode. It's like you damage the potential of the game with every purchase you make.

I would love to see an open source alternative, and would certainly contribute where possible...the creative aspects are the best part of simulation for me.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Field Researcher
#93 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 1:00 PM
Woohoo! yey, I'm so glad I did download Patch 1.32, when I get back home (I have to go out) I am so going to go and check out the stuff.

And about bitching to EA about SHT

My Simblr: Here
Mad Poster
#94 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
In the event that the viewer goes blind, dumb, or dry retches, Kiwi_tea waives all responsibility ...
:SNIP!:

With the right hair color choice & outfit yada yada...you can work that mess...you can....

Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
There are several new images of the moon in the leaked 1.32, a half-moon, quarter-moon etc.; presumably they are planning on the moon going through this cycle and possibly tying this to the werewolf, who can only transform during the full moon?

And maybe even witches spells working only on certain nights, as well.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
:SNIP!:

And maybe even witches spells working only on certain nights, as well.

I'd love it if there were special plants that sims could collect, especially for brewing potions.
Field Researcher
#96 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 2:40 PM
Unfortunately IT's not my cup of tea... so no season I suppose.
Great, really

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Theorist
#97 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:21 PM
I have to disagree with the idea that this patch leak was intentional.

Imagine what this will do to the game as far as compatibility with Premium Content or other mods and CC. The new CAS skin colors have broken all default custom skins from what I've heard, for example. This patch with unfinished EP7 content potentially has very serious consequences. I'm glad I held off on patching.

If they wanted to leak magic as the next EP there were a lot of other ways they could have gone about it besides altering peoples' game files.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#98 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:24 PM
Why can't people stop moaning about weather. It was nice to have it but god, let it go... we'll get it in due time. -_-

^EA doesn't care about CC. They say they do, but the game is their priority, not player content. Even if players got custom skin tones working problem free...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#99 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:26 PM
I am happy for those who want magic but for me, it is two disappointments in a row. I did get Showtime but while I like all the 'stuff' I am not really enchanted by the celebrity stuff. As for Magic, the beekeepers and mystic/psychic career look good but the magic stuff worries me. I don't want magic in my game and a pack that has so much magic is bound to pollute my game with stuff I don't want. I am very sad we are not getting a pack that can be used to round out our current hoods rather than make major changes. I have other games with fantasy and magic. If they would put some medieval stuff in the game as well, I think it would be easier to swallow.

On the other hand, I know that some people really wanted this...and some of the features do look intriguing. But as someone said, it is going to be a long year waiting for the next EP. Releasing this info so early certainly leaves a sour taste in my mouth. But then, none of the EPs really have been all that thrilling.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#100 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:35 PM
I'll agree there, magic everywhere would be annoying. This is why EA would need a town for us to travel to for magic to work well.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Supernatural's out! Yay!
Page 4 of 105