Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2326 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Maybe, they, like myself, am from Tumblr, where we are more interested in making the internet adopt rotating, spinning, transparent .gif's and comic sans. WE WILL WIN THIS WAR.

They See Me Rollin.. They Hatin...
( Rotating donut )

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#2327 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 12:32 AM
Or it could be that being inundated with pics and videos of that damn dance is getting old. I don't even have University yet but I shake my head every time I see "Gangam Style" stuff from sims.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
#2328 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Or it could be that being inundated with pics and videos of that damn dance is getting old. I don't even have University yet but I shake my head every time I see "Gangam Style" stuff from sims.

Speaking of Gangnam Style, there's an actual Sim named "Yee (or was it Ye?) Gangnam." And I agree, memes are nice now and then, but most get old, fast.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Field Researcher
#2329 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 12:39 AM
I just find it find it amusing that it was literally nothing but a gif of Gangnam Style... and someone disagreed with it. It's not as much as OMG GANGNAM STYLE IS AWESOME!! but ... what is there to disagree with with someone posting a gif and saying it's Gangnam Style?

/easily amused
One Minute Ninja'd
#2330 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen

/easily amused

That should be a new sim trait. Better than easily impressed.
Scholar
#2331 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
They See Me Rollin.. They Hatin...
( Rotating donut )

Donut is Ridin' Dirty...
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that *shamed face*

...made me giggle something chronic, though

...Titanium white...
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#2332 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven

Yeah, it has gone old. And Harlem Shake was probably too difficult to make happen!

It's just like a parent trying to get a hang of teen trends and slang. It's just not happening, ever. Hey kids, froyo YOLLO, right! Oh EA, please don't try to be that "cool" parent.
Mad Poster
#2333 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 11:21 PM
I've nothing against the Gangnam dance being in the game. Just looks like something goofy the mascots can do. Now if they had put the Harlem Shake into the game I would want to punch somebody!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Theorist
#2334 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 12:46 AM
It was too late for the Harlem Shake, plus you can't exactly put it in. It's whatever dance you want, but it would be hilarious if you could have a "make viral video" option, and then the person puts on a mask and starts dancing to the music, and then the base drops and everybody crowds around and starts dancing. LOL! Imagine all the errors with routing.
Lab Assistant
#2335 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
It was too late for the Harlem Shake, plus you can't exactly put it in. It's whatever dance you want, but it would be hilarious if you could have a "make viral video" option, and then the person puts on a mask and starts dancing to the music, and then the base drops and everybody crowds around and starts dancing. LOL! Imagine all the errors with routing.

Knowing EA, they would advertise the routing errors as new dance move-features, calling them names like the "Stomp n' Wave" or the "Reversin' Back Step".

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
Top Secret Researcher
#2336 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simzfreek89
Knowing EA, they would advertise the routing errors as new dance move-features, calling them names like the "Stomp n' Wave" or the "Reversin' Back Step".

Tea all over my keyboard.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#2337 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 3:23 PM
Ugh, I hate the 'Harlem Shake' IRL.

Mostly because it's not the actual damn Harlem Shake and is just a bunch of people looking like fools to something USING the original song. /bitterness
Test Subject
#2338 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 4:11 PM

Mostly because it's not the actual damn Harlem Shake and is just a bunch of people looking like fools to something USING the original song. /bitterness

That is exactly what it is. Tell a bunch of people to dance like crazy, add music, and you have the Harlem Shake that you see all over the internet.

---

I found it kind of fun that they call the gangnam style animation "mascot style".
Alchemist
#2339 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neophoia
That is exactly what it is. Tell a bunch of people to dance like crazy, add music, and you have the Harlem Shake that you see all over the internet.

---

I found it kind of fun that they call the gangnam style animation "mascot style".

Really? I'm grateful they didn't add Gangnam Style in the music... To be frank, I haven't checked the music yet. They didn't add it, did they?
Mad Poster
#2340 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 7:28 PM

Lol yeah its not the real thing but the sheer randomness of some of them are hilarious plus those videos are really fun to make :P
Alchemist
#2341 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 7:33 PM
Just saw this on twitter from Crinrict: "After a week of doing the Bug Thread at the official Sims 3 forum, I have to say that UL has some major bugs that make the game unplayable for many...." She follows up with a lot of precautions to take on her site.
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/0...rsity-life.html
Mad Poster
#2342 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 8:56 PM
Never have I been so happy to be wrong! The new arcade machines from UL DO have new screen animations! Hurrah!!!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#2343 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 9:07 PM
I have to say I love the game, but I'm a bit disappointed that you can't change active household while at Uni, nor can you move (from what I've seen so far). They're the only two problems I can actually say bother me at the moment.
Mad Poster
#2344 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Tea all over my keyboard.

Been there and done that.

My problem was reading it while riding the L-train, everyone watching me choke on my coffee because I was trying to stifle my laugh. Thanks L-train riders for not helping me.

EDIT: I am getting tired of the mascot doing the gangnam style dancing, there is no music playing just the mascot doing it all the time.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#2345 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
My problem was reading it while riding the L-train, everyone watching me choke on my coffee because I was trying to stifle my laugh. Thanks L-train riders for not helping me.

Just about as bad as me trying to use two computers at once.

I left my tea on the desk of my gaming rig and was sitting at my work desk about three feet away, trying to type up something. I lean over the back of my chair to grab the mouse to click on something (as I'm loading TS2 on my gaming rig) and I end up nearly knocking over my tea onto my keyboard. In saving that, the mouse fell off the desk, a pile of papers went everywhere, and I still haven't found the hamster ball where I kept my spare screws and nails.

This is why I don't sip and drive, let alone leave it near preciously expensive electronics anymore.

Tea is nothing to fool with.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#2346 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 12:41 AM
Yay for my joke screwing with peoples' lives! I'm a nuisance!

No but seriously, if you see me posting, 3/4 of the time, I'll be trying to say something funny.

^ As you probably can tell, that's just how I roll.

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2347 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 2:48 AM
^That donut has an infecton. Rolling around everywhere isn't helping. :I

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#2348 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
^That donut has an infecton. Rolling around everywhere isn't helping. :I

Egads! I'll send him to the bakery for tests and treatment ASAP!

In the meantime, I have other options, like the "Twirling Donut Ballet":

the "Siren-light lookalike" donut:

and even the "Unfortunate Donut":

^ RIP donut buddy.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2349 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 4:45 AM
I'm going to assume you are your thighs are going through a rough patch right now...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#2350 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 5:13 AM
Naaaahhh... As a matter of fact, I gave up sugary sweets for Lent. I suspect this is my subconscious telling me "I'm trying, REALLY trying, but it's difficult to resist the sugary goodness!"

I think the first mention of a donut earlier set me off.....this is supported by the fact that, just a while ago tonight, I posted in another thread about funnel cakes and cotton candy.

Page 94 of 95