Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 10:47 PM Last edited by simsample : 29th Dec 2012 at 3:54 PM.
Default Post your Early Pics and First Impressions Here :)
Thread closed- please post your Seasons images here from now on: CLICK!

Generally a few people get their copy of any game before release date, due to vagaries of shipping times and so on... was suprised not to see a thread like this here already, but I'm starting one.

I don't have it yet, but I see that lewisb does and has posted some great screens on the official forums; here's a link to her pics and a few other people's My favorite is the alien with the umbrella!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/609062.page

Edit: also, I notice over there a confirmation from Origin customer support for a midnight EST download time from Origin... which is what I would have expected based on the last couple of EPs... so only about six hours to go for US Origin digital customers

Edit again: moar pix here, from "dr_halowax". Wait... I think I recognize that avatar... is that you, Twallan? http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/608907.page Says custom windows fog up... awesome! (OK, I don't think it's twallan... reading a little further down the thread his literacy starts slipping... NEVER happens with twallan Very nice pix though!)
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:26 PM
As soon as someone gets it, please let me know the registry key (Windows 7) cos then we can get some tools updated and out straight away.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:43 PM
Damn, another couple of hours to wait for this. I want my raindrops!!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#4 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:21 AM
a friend from Hong Kong who has it already says that her vamps use the umbrella during the day. can't wait!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 3:53 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 13th Nov 2012 at 4:07 AM.
I wasn't playing Moonlight Falls yet, but that very tidbit has me wanting to, ButchSims. My niece started playing in MF, saw the fairies flying around the skating rink and the vampire speed skating around it. Funny. My niece said they were cheating.

Srikandi, I posted in the pictures thread here, but a pop up came saying something and by the time I paid attention, the message was gone. I don't see my post. *shrugs* Guess I will post here. The picture size limits was a problem for me at first, had too many to resize, so I originally made slideshows. I will post the pictures only now.

Originally posted earlier today.

I got the game Sunday and have been playing off and because I choose to install the game in my niece's game first. Big Mistake! She would not leave me be to get my problems straighten out (crashing my computer to reboot) and get the game installed on my rig. She was very excited and wanted me to see all the different interactions happening in her game. I was her heroine for the day, getting the game early.

I was having issues before installing, one of my RAM sticks fried and I was waiting for a replacement. I play with all high settings, and when the computer OS crashed I thought I would have a major problem with the game. After researching the problem I realized I didn't DEP the TS3EP08.exe. After that no more crashing and played for hours at a time with 6GB of RAM, turned down a few of the non-essential settings and the house here was all sleep.

Well, time for some pictures. I have my seasons set for 9 sim days to accommodate the sims age spans. Wanted to have them experience each season more than once in their lives. Cool feature is the work schedule reflecting with a red circle what day is the holiday and how many days before it happens. Since the game starts with summer, Leisure day was first and even though my sims celebrated, there was still 3 sim days left in the season.

Fireworks display:

There are misfires, but no sims were hurt. Everyone watches the display.

There is lots of things to do at the festivals, but some lots are not desirable. I wanted to use my updated, redecorated Central Park lot and add the lot marker to designate what would pop up and when, realized I didn't know enough about what to place and where they were located. Most items are in the Build/Community Objects/Miscellaneous section. Also save your original lots that are being replaced by the festival lots, when they said it would save your lot, it's the original one that came with the town. Not any that were updated.

Giving my sims something to do in Central Park before the festival changes, I placed a few objects for fun.

Skating:

Didn't take long for my male sim to get good at skating.

Spray tanning booth:

Some of the pictures was made on 2 different days, my female sim couldn't skate when she was pregnant. No soccer either.

Festival stuff:

Continued to next post.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 3:58 AM
Interesting that the pregnant Sim can get a spray tan but can't skate. Figured spray tanning would be an issue as well. As it could be toxic to the skin.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:02 AM
There is light rain and heavy downpour. Thunder and lightening is really nice, felt like I was right there. The rain make splashes when it hit the ground and make swirls in the puddles. Sims get the soaked moodlet if they don't have a good, weatherproof umbrella.

Alien abduction!

Still have the stalker ice cream truck.

Love the postcard feature.

Slow dance.

Will have more prepared later, my game is going into the fall now.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Edit again: moar pix here, from "dr_halowax". Wait... I think I recognize that avatar... is that you, Twallan?

Pfft. I have no need for sock-puppets, I'm larger than life already.

I'm a digital downloader, we never get our copies earlier. :P

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Pfft. I have no need for sock-puppets, I'm larger than life already.

I'm a digital downloader, we never get our copies earlier. :P

You need to sue that guy for avatar infringement

And stop exploding the rumors that EA secretly slips you an early copy! We like our conspiracy theories! And really, how else could you possibly update so fast?

Thanks for the pics and info, lewisb... very nice, and like your sim
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:32 AM
I have a small question, to pique my curiosity: What are the names of the new collection folders? I've been wondering, since the files names in the data folder are random.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
You need to sue that guy for avatar infringement

Could be one of my avatar's descendants for all I know, I hear he is a randy fellow on the Exchange.

And yes, I am *mildly* jealous of lewisb40. Show off.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I have a small question, to pique my curiosity: What are the names of the new collection folders? I've been wondering, since the files names in the data folder are random.

When I go back in the game I will check, if you don't have the game in another hour and a half. I have to go help my play mom to bed.

I have to continue playing, it's addictive.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:09 AM
That's a lot. :D

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:08 AM
Hmm, well, downloaded Seasons, got my sim dressed and housed and redecorated, and... after one day I'm afraid I have to go to bed Very tired all of a sudden! Will be able to play tomorrow though.

Anyway, an observation: there's a new set of blueprints that come with Seasons, in a "cabin" theme. Decided to try those for my starter sim, since I figured they'd be furnished with Seasons items, as they are, mostly. Not too bad, though it was kinda a strange choice... most of the Seasons furniture is classy and/or modern. In most cases, Pets furniture goes much better with the log cabin look And some of it was in desperate need of re-CaSTing.

Anyway, I planted her right by the festival lot which is currently setting up. She's a single writer who is trying to find love via online dating We'll see how that goes. Pics tomorrow!
Instructor
#15 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:13 AM
@lewisb40
Please post some screenshots for the boat and beach towel?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
@lewisb40
Please post some screenshots for the boat and beach towel?

I am not understanding what you are asking, will take a look for those items. Can I come back with the screens?

Quote:
I have a small question, to pique my curiosity: What are the names of the new collection folders? I've been wondering, since the files names in the data folder are random

Matrix, there is the Season's folder, then I see Eco Glam (leaf designed and the new combo tub), Seaside Summer (beachy and recreational), and Simply Elegant (more elegant and fancy). Hope that helps. Looking at the Seaside Summer, time to redecorate my beach hut. Cute.

Forum Resident
#17 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 9:04 AM
Does the new festival lot update automatically or do you have too set the objects in place?
#18 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 9:11 AM
registry key, please, anyone?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:49 AM
Inge, if you tell me exactly what you are looking for I would get it for you.

Ticklish, the ones that are pre-made in the community lot bins are already updated. If you make your own festival lot, you have to place the objects for each season and the common stuff (when there is no festival).

Celebriton, I tried all types of ways to get sims to lay out for a tan, hoping for a beach towel and there was no interaction. Didn't see the boats in buy mode either. I thought one of the live chats showed sims laying for a tan. I might have misunderstood it.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:58 AM
Right now it's in common mode, it takes time to do the update. Same as when there is decoration on sims houses.

#21 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:04 AM
Lol I love how I got Disagree votes for my request for the registry key. It's not your *licence* key I am after lol - just the uninstall registry key, which is the same for all of us. I have found it now thanks, it's {3DE92282-CB49-434F-81BF-94E5B380E889}

Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:14 AM Last edited by christmas fear : 13th Nov 2012 at 11:27 AM.
it's 3 am here on the west coast. i won't be home with the actual game until at least 9 am. six more hours :o

we all need some hotdog costumes to go buy the game in :p
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 12:08 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 13th Nov 2012 at 1:58 PM. Reason: typos for sale
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Lol I love how I got Disagree votes for my request for the registry key. It's not your *licence* key I am after lol

I have to admit, it did sound kind of shady! Glad you were able to locate it for your super secret sinister plot...er, mod.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:06 PM
Lewis or Srikandi or anyone who got the seasons installed already did you guys try out any CC objects? I just wonder if they work properly in winter? Since I saw the snow gather on EA's own objects
Forum Resident
#25 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Lol I love how I got Disagree votes for my request for the registry key. It's not your *licence* key I am after lol - just the uninstall registry key, which is the same for all of us. I have found it now thanks, it's {3DE92282-CB49-434F-81BF-94E5B380E889}

Why are you uninstalling? Least you could do is explain why.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 17