Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2801 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
I think that's a feature. People have always wanted to be able to run their own business. Well, now they've got it, go to work!

But how can I run my celebrity rehab center when my "nurses" are constantly changing out of their scrubs to jump in the pool with the patients. My head doctor has had to fix several sinks because the crappy maintenance staff refuse to do it!

Edit: And another thing: These reviews are ridiculous. Obviously my rehab patients are on a strict vegetarian diet to aid their recovery so I've set both the buffet tables to "vegetarian", but the reviewers still complain that there isn't any Dim Sum or sushi when there is, just the vegetarian alternative. Please fix ASAP, EA.

Several of my "nurses" have also turned invisible apparently, and no amount of "resetsim" is making them change back. It's pretty unnerving to see floating books and mops around.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2802 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana
But how can I run my celebrity rehab center when my "nurses" are constantly changing out of their scrubs to jump in the pool with the patients. My head doctor has had to fix several sinks because the crappy maintenance staff refuse to do it!
As I said, it's a feature. Firefighters have to fight fires, resort owners have to fight the misfortunes that happen in resorts. Be glad that you don't have to mop up the puke from guests that ordered a drink from your high-class bar. The things that happen in resorts are next to impossible on other lots: a mixologist with level 10 in mixology doesn't mix a putrid drink, and public wall speakers cannot break, but they do in resorts.
The main idea of the Sims developers with regard to active careers is that they have to be tedious, repetitive and pointless. What I did with my resort after a while was to never go there but upgrade it from time to time. No complaints about dirt, roaches or broken things and the income was steadily rising. Interesting, isn't it? Because whenever I visit all hell breaks loose.
I've also read at NRaas that the same thing now happens with any other owned venue like Late Night bars or even if you own a park.
Top Secret Researcher
#2803 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 7:41 PM
Any idea why my resort employees aren't actually working? The front desk clerk is always in the pool and my maintenance crew do nothing but mop up puddles and hang out in the hot tub. Meanwhile the front desk is unattended and there are plates building up everywhere. My guests aren't happy at all.
I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw something in the tuning files determining how much resort workers goofed off.
Field Researcher
#2804 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw something in the tuning files determining how much resort workers goofed off.

Well seeing as my employees apparently work 0% of the time currently, I'd welcome any tuning mod that would change that!
One Minute Ninja'd
#2805 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 11:16 PM Last edited by eskie227 : 9th Jul 2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: avoid a double post
Well, I admit it's certainly employing a cheat, but if I visit each resort once a day, click the ground to pull up Nrass/MasterController, I have the choices to repair all and clean all. Not only does that simplify the day's maintenance schedule (besides, are you really going to run around to every room to see if the sinks are broken or the shower is dirty?), but you actually get PAID for making the cheating repairs (~$200 for each item). I have no idea how that "feature" ended up in there, but my resorts stay clean and kept up without it being a grind. I'd much rather spend my time planning how to change the bar and buffet menus around to keep folks happy.

Edit:

Edit: And another thing: These reviews are ridiculous. Obviously my rehab patients are on a strict vegetarian diet to aid their recovery so I've set both the buffet tables to "vegetarian", but the reviewers still complain that there isn't any Dim Sum or sushi when there is, just the vegetarian alternative. Please fix ASAP, EA.

Well, I'm sorry celebrity rehab is more difficult to run than you expected, but did you really expect it would be easy to take care of your Lindsey Lohan sim?
Mad Poster
#2806 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 2:52 PM
Was anyone else given the Carnival Costume Pack when they ordered their Island Paradise EP? If so do you know if there's a time limit you had to install it by? Because I've had it for about two weeks and when I put the code in to install it today it says the code is invalid.
Scholar
#2807 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:56 PM
It won't let me install my limited edition stuff. In the launcher it doesn't load properly and only has the option to delete, not install
Mad Poster
#2808 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 4:34 PM
At least you've made it to the launcher. It wont even accept the code that THEY gave me
Scholar
#2809 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 10:32 PM
You mean on the download page? I've had that issue in the past with University and a previous pack. And I have it now with the Survivors kit. It took 4 days of me trying to contact EA (wait times ridiculously long) and then 40 minutes in chat getting a new code. I haven't even tried to contact them yet, cuz I know how they are.
Top Secret Researcher
#2810 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 11:53 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot about the survivor pack. Where do we get that? Origin?

ETA, ugh, it's not letting me register my IP and is saying the Survival code is invalid. Off to CS I go.
Mad Poster
#2811 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Was anyone else given the Carnival Costume Pack when they ordered their Island Paradise EP? If so do you know if there's a time limit you had to install it by? Because I've had it for about two weeks and when I put the code in to install it today it says the code is invalid.

I had to use live chat to get my code. They never sent me the e-mail. At that time the wait was 30 mins.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#2812 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 3:36 AM
I had this problem with my UL limited edition code - but the content appeared in my purchase history to download a few minutes later. With IP, I also had an issue installing the game, entering the letters of the code in lowercase - but it installed fine when I entered them in uppercase, even though they show up the same anyway.
Field Researcher
#2813 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelance Wolf
Okay so my lifeguard Sim is now friends with the mermaid he had just met, but he can't call her directly because mermaids don't have pockets to put cellphones in. However, he can send her a love letter instead. So mermaids have mailboxes down in the ocean but don't have cell phones?

Actually, mermaids do have cellphones. They have it on land, and it continues ringing even when they dive.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2814 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 11:10 PM
Seriously? I dunno why my lifeguard Sim couldn't call his best friend mermaid then. They obviously have pockets in their scales.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Forum Resident
#2815 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 4:18 AM
I know I posted about this a while ago, but how exactly is one supposed to be able to fix the cave by grabbing it if we can't zoom underwater to see said cave?...
- EDIT - that was dumb. All I had to do was click the move down a floor thing.
Field Researcher
#2816 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 5:06 AM
I just reset the cave with DebugEnabler (MC is a testing version right now, so I'm not currently using it) whenever the monster's tentacles are poking out. That seems to be when my sim is reset upon trying to explore it.
Lab Assistant
#2817 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 12:44 PM
This is a quick no visitors allowed lot I whipped up last night using the Hogan's Deep Sea Diner building in Isla Paradiso. It has three boat slips/cleats on the dock to park at.
Screenshots

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Forum Resident
#2818 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 1:15 AM
Does anyone know if mermaids spawn in other worlds, like the unicorns & aliens do? Or do they have to be added to each world? I noticed that all the mermaids in IP are homeless, so it made me wonder.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#2819 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 2:13 AM
Just got my first one in a custom world I am playing. He's an elder, but it's a start.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#2820 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Just got my first one in a custom world I am playing. He's an elder, but it's a start.

Thanks, lewisb40, good to know. I successfully placed a dive lot in LP today and was hoping I wouldn't have to add my own mermaids to the world. The dive lot was hassle enough!

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#2821 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 3:22 AM Last edited by jeffrompas : 18th Jul 2013 at 3:35 AM.
I just got my copy and... I'm really disappointed with the lack of ship/boat themed doors, windows or even decors for the ship.
No fishing net deco or even life preserver. Am I missing something here?

Edit: Weird enough, I saw a screenshot with a life preserver deco but I can't find them in game. Anyone know from which EP and on which section it's from?
Mad Poster
#2822 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 5:18 AM
Base game, miscellaneous decorations, I think it cost about 50 simoleons or something like that.

Mad Poster
#2823 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Does anyone know if mermaids spawn in other worlds, like the unicorns & aliens do? Or do they have to be added to each world? I noticed that all the mermaids in IP are homeless, so it made me wonder.

I found the code relating to this the other day. Occording to the default settings Isla Paradiso is set to have 4 mermaids in the mermaid household while all other worlds are set to have 1 mermaid in the mermaid household.
I'm not sure why they created a seperate setting for other worlds though considering they said it wasn't possible to use dive lots in other worlds anyway. (I am aware this has already been worked around now)

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Alchemist
#2824 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I found the code relating to this the other day. Occording to the default settings Isla Paradiso is set to have 4 mermaids in the mermaid household while all other worlds are set to have 1 mermaid in the mermaid household.
I'm not sure why they created a seperate setting for other worlds though considering they said it wasn't possible to use dive lots in other worlds anyway. (I am aware this has already been worked around now)

Well, fortunately, right?

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#2825 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:56 PM Last edited by chreai : 19th Jul 2013 at 9:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44

My guess is that they added that coding because it is possible to use Isla Paradiso as a template for custom worlds. I'm sure they wanted such custom worlds to be able to spawn mermaids as well.

EDIT: Though, I'm not certain that dive lots are required for mermaids to spawn in other worlds. I think they just show up, similar to aliens and unicorns. I wonder though if there is a different requirement in order to encounter one. You know, like how you have to have space rocks in your inventory/on your lot before an abduction will occur.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 113 of 114