Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2551 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
And with a plain text link, if you've described it properly, people will still have some usable search terms in that case.

You can still do it, just hit quote to see the video code for youtube. Scary Rob's post #2717 shows video unavailable for me, but if I look at it on youtube I can still see the video title 'Sukiyaki'.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2552 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 3:37 AM
Music to fry bacon to in the nude:
Theorist
#2553 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Genesis - Man On The Corner (Official Audio)

I'm not into movies and all that. I gave all of that up a long time ago after far too many in Hollywood started dancing on my nerves for various reasons. One of the few that has stuck around in my mind is Tommy Lee Jones. I have nothing against the man, but the reason he sticks in my brain is because of a scene from Men In Black. I don't listen to the Elvis song in the clip, but every time I hear Elvis, Tommy Lee Jones pops into my brain.

Elvis is not dead, he just went home ! (Men In Black, 1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZe-DM_o6I

Wow, that looks like a really dumb movie.

Quote:
What I was actually listening to...

Burning Love- Elvis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w4VEc92Y_4

I remember that was a huge hit back in 72-73. I loved it then and I still like it, it's a real rocker. They played it a lot on the radio and it was his last big hit.
Like many women, my stepmother really liked Elvis, but didn't care for this song, I suspect because of the suggestive lyrics.

Here's my favorite of his. Wikipedia has the story that he heard the old Italian melody O Sole Mio during the 1960 Olympics in Rome, and had his lyricists write modern words to it:
Theorist
#2554 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 5:10 AM
Field Researcher
#2555 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 11:51 PM
Today's order appeared (in Simlish) in Bon Voyage, on the World station: Gaelic Storm - "Scalliwag"

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2556 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 1:13 PM
Test Subject
#2557 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 12:56 AM Last edited by averagecitizen : 23rd Jul 2022 at 4:08 AM.
I've been building up a collection of world pop music on a Spotify playlist. I like seeing how local influences alter the generally-pretty-consistent sounds of pop, and it's easy to find just about anything by searching "<country name> pop" in Spotify. Really, you could do that with any genre, lol. Some of my favorites lately have been Tunisian, Turkish, Greek, Mongolian, Ghanan, Kenyan, and Nigerian.
Field Researcher
#2558 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 3:39 AM
Casey Edwards & Victor Borba - "Bury the Light"

Quote:

Test Subject
#2559 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 6:35 PM
I realized I didn't actually link the playlist I mentioned so here it is. It's pretty hefty and I'm regularly "turning the soil" by adding and removing stuff. Like the description says, it's global and historical pop music. For the most part "historical" means "contemporary oldies," but there are occasional REALLY old oldies, like medieval lol. If it slaps, it goes here. It has a pretty decent spread of nations-of-origin, and occasionally I branch out to find more. There's also a pretty decent chunk of mainstream western pop music. The overall genre themes revolve around pop, rap, house, and funk. There's a heavy emphasis on romantic and party themes. If you can imagine a Romance/Knowledge TS2 sim made a playlist, this is it. That's me btw, I'm that kind of sim irl.
Theorist
#2560 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 8:44 AM
RIP Judith Durham

Scholar
#2561 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 12:35 PM
Since I watched the Parkpop tv recording a few weeks ago I've had this song stuck in my head on and off since. So I'm sharing it with you
The song is in Dutch and title means emergency.

Also, I like it when a music video is like a short film its like 2 forms of art at the same time.

Noodgeval by Goldband
Field Researcher
#2562 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 4:25 AM
Michael Hoenig - "From Out of the Storm," from the Baldur's Gate Soundtrack - or rather, its in-game rendition.

Quote:

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2563 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 1:26 PM
Test reply

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#2564 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 6:32 PM
Thinking about a friend...

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2565 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 1:20 AM Last edited by simsample : 6th Sep 2022 at 11:37 PM.
The Taylor Hawkins Tribute gig. Oh my goodness, so many brilliant musicians here. Foo Fighters- Nile Rodgers- John Paul Jones- Queen and Sam Ryder- Stewart Copeland- Nandi Bushell- Paul McCartney- Brian Johnson- Lars Ulrich- Alex Lifeson- Geddy Lee- Omar Hakim... Fabulous.
Edit- new link:
https://archive.org/details/the-tay...wembley-stadium
Field Researcher
#2566 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 11:35 PM
AJR - "World's Smallest Violin"

Quote:

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2567 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 2:31 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2568 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 10:34 PM
Bryan May on England's poshest council house:
Test Subject
#2569 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 3:24 PM
You guys are listening to some really cool music. Does anyone have any hard rock or metal bands to recommend? I'm all ears!
#2570 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 4:52 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2571 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puripertapa
Does anyone have any hard rock or metal bands to recommend?

Because I'm stuck in the 80s:

Full album: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...wodHh7zD-JTTY0k

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMFDBSjjkkA
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2572 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 9:25 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2573 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 10:26 PM
I'm going to keep posting my crappy music choices unless someone else starts posting!
These bands aren't even real:

Field Researcher
#2574 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I'm going to keep posting my crappy music choices unless someone else starts posting!
Fine, fine.

a-ha - "Take On Me"

I approve.

Quote:

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2575 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
Fine, fine.

a-ha - "Take On Me"

I approve.

That video blew my mind when I first saw it in 1985. I didn't realise that they had remastered it! I had such a crush on Magne Furuholmen!
Page 103 of 112