Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 8:33 PM Last edited by redandblack32 : 2nd Aug 2021 at 3:29 AM.
Default The Sims 4 Raft Challenge
This is a little challenge I came up with forever ago and thought I'd post it, I sort of forgot I had a modthesims account I mainly just post to Tumblr and Facebook groups lol

It's sort of inspired by the "raft" of game which my laptop can't handle so I "simified" it!

The castaway challenge
You were in some kind of crash and have been lost at sea! Until you can be rescued you must live on a raft and do whatever you can to survive!

Your sim
* Any age, traits, or aspiration you want
* Any clothing and accessories you want
* However many sims you want

The raft
* Start with a 4x4 square
* Use off the grid items when possible
* No stove, fridge, or other appliances other than a toilet sink and shower
*No electronics
* Any furniture or other items or activities you want

Other rules
* You can make money by selling any kind of collectable (ex fish, rocks, metals, crystal’s etc) you may also sell plants and paintings
*You must have at least 600 simoleons in order to upgrade your raft you can make any kind of upgrades or add any furniture you want and spend however much of the 600 simoleons you want this applies to each time you want to upgrade

You may only leave the raft
* once a week to look for plants & fish
Or
* if you run out of fish and haven’t caught any in the trap and you’re hunger is in the yellow
* -5 points every time you leave the raft
+10 points for every day you remain on the raft without leaving

-swimming doesn’t count as leaving as long as you stay on your lot
* when you DO leave your raft once you get to wherever it is you’re going once you get there you can only stay for 3 sim hours
-2 points for each extra hour
* If you have island living I’ve decided if you want a boat that should be acceptable but it has to be the cheapest boat available
* In Sulani there’s this random event that starts if your sim hasn’t eaten a decent meal in a while neighbors will bring your sim food and stay for a while, I haven’t really decided if this should be allowed or not so I’m making this a freebie you can either allow it if you want or disallow if you want
* When your sim’s social needs reach yellow you may leave the raft to find someone to socialize with but it’s still -5 points when you leave the raft

-If someone visits your lot you are allowed to socialize with them even if your social needs aren’t in the yellow, there are no lost points in this case

Requirements for completing the challenge
* You must have expanded your raft at least ONCE since the start of the challenge
* Have at least one skill to level 5
* Have 20,000 simoleons
* You have to be able to afford to build or move into a house of your choice without using money cheats or the freerealestate cheat

Finally here’s a rundown of the points system
+ 10 for every day you stay on the raft without leaving
+ 10 for each time you expand your raft
+ 5 points for every skill you get to level 5
+10 points for every mastered skill
- 5 every time you leave your raft (other than to swim on your own lot)
- 2 points for every extra hour you stay away from the raft after the 3 hour mark
- 5 points every time a fire starts on your raft
- 4 points for however many days it takes you to complete the challenge
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 6:56 PM
I love this so much, great use of the new pond feature. If you did this on a bigger lot (64x64 for example), could you set up different "Islands" to visit for supplies? i.e theres a lump on land on one corner of the lot that has all the plants being grown there
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1amCorbinDallas
I love this so much, great use of the new pond feature. If you did this on a bigger lot (64x64 for example), could you set up different "Islands" to visit for supplies? i.e theres a lump on land on one corner of the lot that has all the plants being grown there

Absolutely! It would definitely be super cool to try out this challenge in different ways now with the lake options
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 11:05 PM
Looks like a fun challenge! I'm going to play this as a huge TV event where three teams consisting of three sims each compete for a prize. With a group of sims the skill they'll master will probably be Charisma and I might raise the win condition from 5 to 10 skillpoints. But we'll see.

Here are two of the three rafts, Team White and Team Blue:

Lot traits are Off the grid and Private dwelling.

You'll notice that there are no cooking amenities. That is so because I use a mod that allows sims to eat raw fish (and get uncomfortable from it). There is also a laundry tub on shore, but no clothesline and I also placed a dumpster for the occasional little freebie.

The first team will be at a disadvantage, because I'll have to learn the ropes of how to best approach this challenge. I might give them some form of compensation later on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Looks like a fun challenge! I'm going to play this as a huge TV event where three teams consisting of three sims each compete for a prize. With a group of sims the skill they'll master will probably be Charisma and I might raise the win condition from 5 to 10 skillpoints. But we'll see.

Here are two of the three rafts, Team White and Team Blue:

Lot traits are Off the grid and Private dwelling.

You'll notice that there are no cooking amenities. That is so because I use a mod that allows sims to eat raw fish (and get uncomfortable from it). There is also a laundry tub on shore, but no clothesline and I also placed a dumpster for the occasional little freebie.

The first team will be at a disadvantage, because I'll have to learn the ropes of how to best approach this challenge. I might give them some form of compensation later on.

I LOVE this idea!! This is taking it to the next level! It's like the show "Survivor" I love it!
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 1:21 AM
I managed to play the first three days.

Team Blue ran into trouble with their fish trap, because I had placed it with moo still active. I had to sell it and buy a new one.

With only two beds, the sims need to sleep in shifts. But with sleeping arrangements like this...

...it is probably for the best that one of the trio is awake at all time!

Whenever a sim uses the toilet, the other two leave the "room" aka the raft. Sleeping sims don't care, but napping ones get up.

Routing isn't always the cleverest, and so sweeping after a potty accident is part of their daily routines:

Full diary here:
Sims 4 Raft Challenge
(Not much to see there right now, will start posting tomorrow)