Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#126 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 6:10 PM
Oh, ok. Haha.
Advertisement
Scholar
#127 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 1:29 AM
Muahaha, I love having the neighborhood in my clutches game again! Laura, I assume it's all right if I play Delilah for a bit to get a grave into the cemetary? I want to hold a funeral

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Mad Poster
#128 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 2:41 PM
Yup, go for it, as long as you make it fairly quick as, ummm, there may be changes to her, ummmm, appearance if she's played for too long??

Scholar
#129 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 9:18 PM

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#130 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 12:15 AM
Awww, that's nice of you. If I was able to bury them myself, I'd make a video of the funeral.
Scholar
#131 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 1:02 AM
Oh yes. Good idea. I will make a video of the funeral.
(Mua... ha... ha... ha...)

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#132 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 6:14 AM
LOL! I wasn't actually expecting you to do that, but I won't stop you. Just... please, for Gods' sakes don't make the music 'My Immortal'! (That should be reserved for younger Sims' funerals. )
Scholar
#133 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 10:49 AM
I didn't make a video, it makes Sims run way too slow, and plus I cheated a bit to make it look nice (ie get everyone there, get everyone in formal wear) so it didn't really work. Plus... wasn't really anything to see there. I did take a few pictures though (which I've included in the story.)
I also considered inviting the whole town but I learned the hard way that Lysette has the flu!

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#134 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 11:54 PM
Awwww, what a shame.
Banned
Original Poster
#135 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 1:29 AM
Update?
Scholar
#136 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 2:23 AM
Lol, I realize I'm taking way too long. Just been so busy on the weekends and on schooldays. But I'm more than halfway through the round and there have been some interesting things going on - one which you know about, of course, and... I don't wanna give it all away! I doubt I'll be increasing the number of households anytime soon - I'll have to kill some people off to make room but you know.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#137 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 4:06 AM
No worries from my side Kaila, took me ages too! Real life has an annoying habit of getting in the way of sims! By the time it's my turn I'll be at my parents' house for Christmas & New Year, but no worries - I'm taking my laptop with me this time! I was so bored there in July when my parents were just sat watching rubbish tv all evening and I had no sims to play..... And their internet connection is waaaaay better than mine too, so it'll make it easier for me to download and upload the neighbourhood :-)

As long as you're enjoying it!! :-D
Banned
Original Poster
#138 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 9:38 PM
I eagerly anticipate the next part of the story.
Scholar
#139 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 10:57 PM
WHUH- I see this thread and SIMS 2???
You mean, SIMS 3? Seriously? I didn't think it would work with Sims 3.

Anyways, it's the end of spring. Still two lots - I've found a workaround. I put another "house" on the Pebbles' lot. I'm eager to share the story. I planned something with both of you guys and I'm enjoying playing out the dramas.
Oh, and I built like five new houses, sorry. The neighborhood just looks so empty and I thought it needed something.

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#140 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 3:50 AM
Yes, that's right! I'm coordinating with a few folks in the Sims 3 section, including our old buddy jay_envy who has volunteered to create a test world. Turns out there is a Sims 3 version of AGS available (although we're starting with base game only and no CC).

Do you mind if I move some of my Sims into those new houses, or do you want to keep them for yourself? It's up to you.
Scholar
#141 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 7:41 PM Last edited by Kailacat : 26th Dec 2010 at 3:39 AM.
I don't care what you do with the houses And that's great about Sims 3 multiplayer! Can't wait to see how it would work.

Merry Christmas! I'm done and uploading it. My Tinypic starting fuzzing up my pictures, I have no idea why, so I'll see if I can use photobucket or something to put up the stories.

EDIT: Hopefully I'll have it uploaded soon along with Tundra Valley. Also, please add the Batbox (ffsdebugger.package, available at MATY, you two really should know where this is) to my list of content.

EDIT2: First part is up - the important part I think. Mediafire is, of course, being buggy and laggy as usual, but I hope to get the hood up sooner or later. :/
Also, complete family portraits are in Family Portraits and Snapshots thread. Currently I'm the last poster. By looking at the pictures you'll be able to see who died (it's only one person. And yes, that's a smiley face, and I laughed when she died.) And who joined the family, huge thank you Laura! He's been so fun to play

EDIT3: Okay, both Illusion Bay and Tundra Valley are successfully uploaded! I'll do the Florals' story soon. Laura, the file you want is illusionbayroundfourFROMKAILA.rar ... have fun!

EDIT4: Floral story up, census updated.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#142 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 2:14 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 28th Dec 2010 at 2:11 PM.
Woo! Awesome! -D Downloading it now - on my parents' internet connection, because I'm staying with them over Christmas, so that just makes it even better! :-)

I'll try to upload it by the morning of January 4th, because then I can upload it using their internet connection too, but I may not be able to finish it by them as they expect me to talk to them and stuff occasionally whilst I'm here - no idea why! :-P

Eeee, how exciting!!
Mad Poster
#143 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 2:25 PM
Sorry for the double post....

I had to reinstall AGS, and I forgot to save the terrain file that is used for Illusion Bay before I deleted my old saved games when uninstalling. Please can one of you upload it to Mediafire for me? :-D Thanks :-)
Scholar
#144 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 2:59 AM
Will do, Laura.

EDIT: Aand... done

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#145 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 5:30 AM
Kaila?

That.

Was.

BRILLIANT.

If I were wearing a hat, I would take it off to you. I love how you've run with my bullying idea, it's perfect! Though when I saw the intro I thought "OMFG SHE DIED?" I have decided, though, that Pierce's potential for employment at Illusory Fun depends on whether or not Melissa likes him and is willing to overlook his behaviour. On the other hand, I see potential for soap opera-style BIG DRAMA here: will xenophobia and racial tension grip Illusion Bay? Will Simon, Stratos and Nebula be safe, or will the sleepy seaside town erupt in sex, violence and leftover cake? I'M EXCITED!

And yes, old age has done nothing to diminish Fleur's hotness.

(I just had another idea that would help stir the pot some more when my turn comes. It would involve creating another household, but I can definitely handle it. Stay tuned!)
Mad Poster
#146 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 5:09 PM
Thanks Kaila - now I can start playing :-D Have just read your stories (I tend to not read them until right before I start playing) - awesome!! :-)

I am very excited about my go - was gutted when I went to load the neighbourhood yesterday and realised that I'd accidentally deleted the terrain file!

Another household, Jim? Crazy!! And here I am wondering how many rounds it'll take me to merge my three back into two...... Probably quite a few, I reckon....
Scholar
#147 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 6:35 PM Last edited by Kailacat : 30th Dec 2010 at 3:32 PM.
Thanks so much Jim The Pebbles have gotten so much more fun to play now with Pierce's whole bully situation going on. And I agree with Laura - five households is way too much for me, I'm barely able to keep track of two.
No problem Laura

tumblr
Mad Poster
#148 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 7:30 PM
I'd completely forgotten half the stuff that was going on in my households!

Scholar
#149 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 8:38 PM

tumblr
Mad Poster
#150 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 8:55 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 30th Dec 2010 at 4:36 PM.

I'm glad to see that Simon is getting on ok, Kaila. Expect him to have lots of "attended family reunion" memories when it's your next go - I've played for 5 sim days so far and there have already been 2 family parties!

**EDIT**

Page 6 of 8