Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1301 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Funny but that might be the case (I'm not fallowing the development of the game so I don't know what animations are in at the moment). But I think it would be better to make all the animations and interactions first and then the emotions.

They need a minimum viable product or a prototype of some sort. Emotions are nice, but I don't think they have an idea of what kind of game they're making, despite having a solid blueprint (the Sims).

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1302 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I don't think they have an idea of what kind of game they're making...

That is the impression I have. They are so focused on some trees that they are totally missing the forest.
Mad Poster
#1303 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
As this is now another EA/4 rant thread and not about Paralives...

It would be nice to have more places on this site in the 4 section where that is not injected into darn near every thread.

Umm.... this is in TS4 section. You can't expect it being discussion about not TS4 or EA

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#1304 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 4:46 AM
The funny thing is that the member you quoted is one of those who rants the most. And I know English but I could not understand his/hers post. Bu we all know that this forum section belongs to the ones who rants nowadays.

To get back on track: I still want a demo of this game. If so the Paramaker alone!
Test Subject
#1305 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
So from 2009 to 2014, TS4 was nowhere near done, but Paralives should have been done, boxed and sold by last year.

As I've been saying all along, different standards are being applied here. Why? Who knows. A team of 100's of people couldn't figure it out in 5 years, but a team of 10 should be on it, CHOP! CHOP! .

This is so wild to me, because of the general comparison of the production schedule of an indie development team--who consisted entirely of one person for the first year, and 3 by the third year--to a triple A game studio with resources, organizational hierarchy, delegation, and cash flow. This game is essentially if one of the bigger TS4 modders was like "I'm gonna make my whole own game" and then managed to get a couple of people to help them. And people get so frustrated with Paralives "lack of progress" like it's functionally one dude!! If this was a mod with the same functionality people would be losing their minds! And it's actually harder because they don't have a framework to work on, they have to come up with their own entire system. From what I've seen of their current progress, it's *very* cool and honestly, amazing work for such a tiny "development team" to have accomplished.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#1306 Old 9th Mar 2022 at 9:01 AM
Staff - Moderator
#1307 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 12:18 AM
Scholar
#1308 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 4:58 AM
If it wasn't posted yesterday I would have thought it is a April fools joke. But if it is not, it's still a quite funny "Easter egg".

And it seems as the disagree trolls have taken control over the thread. That's not a joke or even funny...
Top Secret Researcher
#1309 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 3:11 PM
I really appreaciate the glimpses into what goes into game development. All these things I never really think about. What it takes to decide on the art style and its implementation. Is it practical, is it achievable and workable for a small team? Does it work for customization? Does it work within a specific game aspect? Does it look good and do we like it is really just one of so many things to figure out. I'm not an artistic person, so that last question would be the hardest for me but I can understand all the other aspects. In the end, I just would like a game I enjoy but this is facinating.
Staff - Moderator
#1310 Old 6th Apr 2022 at 4:57 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#1311 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 5:34 PM
Mad Poster
#1312 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 6:19 AM
I admit I am not a fan of this game so far and not really following. But with the last posts, doesn't this game have a color wheel like Sims 3 for clothes and so on instead of just swatches? I may be totally off mark thinking there is one?
Scholar
#1313 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 7:52 PM
I admit I am not a fan of this game so far and not really following. But with the last posts, doesn't this game have a color wheel like Sims 3 for clothes and so on instead of just swatches? I may be totally off mark thinking there is one?

I remember a character creation video that had the colourwheel. The customization was off the charts anyway. It was discussed in this thread as well.
Mad Poster
#1314 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I remember a character creation video that had the colourwheel. The customization was off the charts anyway. It was discussed in this thread as well.

I was thinking there was one also so was looking for it in that video. But I probably missed option? Have a lot else on mind lately.
Theorist
#1315 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 9:33 PM
I was thinking there was one also so was looking for it in that video. But I probably missed option? Have a lot else on mind lately.

I don't think they showed the colour-wheel in the latest video, because the latest one is just a little snipped showing that you will be able to layer clothes.
But older videos showed the colour-wheel extensively both in the para maker and in the buy mode, with the option to save swatches, in some cases (such as wall decoration) you will even be able to import pictures from your computer and past them there.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#1316 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 7:36 AM

I found some , but I don't know how up to date these are :

Old video that shows colour wheel.
And a newer one that shows body sliders.

It looks very cartoony, but the customization looks promising I think.
Staff - Moderator
#1317 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 7:17 AM
Theorist
#1318 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 9:27 PM
Not really a fan of tattoos so an improved tattoo feature doesn't really interest me personally. Though it's nice that they now seem to regularly show little things.

Scholar
#1319 Old 3rd May 2022 at 4:14 PM
Saw this on the community tab on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxrV...b41TjD8lv5qMheI

The Paralives team have put up a full development roadmap for everyone to see what they've done, where they're at and where they're heading...

Direct link to roadmap page - https://paralives.notion.site/paral...513d086d1090228

...Titanium white...
Top Secret Researcher
#1320 Old 3rd May 2022 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Saw this on the community tab on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxrV...b41TjD8lv5qMheI

The Paralives team have put up a full development roadmap for everyone to see what they've done, where they're at and where they're heading...

Direct link to roadmap page - https://paralives.notion.site/paral...513d086d1090228

This is very interesting! Separated between creation and live mode and general features. I'm very impressed by the transparency!
Theorist
#1321 Old 3rd May 2022 at 5:14 PM Last edited by Orphalesion : 6th May 2022 at 7:44 PM.
Yeah I was just about to post a link to the roadmap here. So there will be an early access period (not sure what to think of that, I don't like early access and the way it can drag on all that much) and they do have a date in mind for the ealry access version but don't want to share it in case it gets delayed. Honestly I'd rather have the estimate and then delays, so that I can get some idea on how soon we might see it.
I really like how transparent they are here, though!

Staff - Moderator
#1322 Old 11th May 2022 at 10:31 AM
Mad Poster
#1323 Old 11th May 2022 at 11:40 PM
I am not following this game at all closely. Will it have weather?
Top Secret Researcher
#1324 Old 12th May 2022 at 2:14 AM
From what I understand, yes. There was a developer chat last year that indicated that modifying weather and climate will be possible. And there was a brain storm session in September where the questions were about the how weather should be implemented not if weather should be implemented.

????️ Would you like to customize seasons and weather? If so, how?
???? What visual changes would you like to see through seasons?
???? How would seasons & different weather conditions affect your Para’s daily life?
???? Which specific interactions or activities would be unlocked only on certain weather conditions?
???? Which seasonal items would you like to see? (I really have to try those pumpkin spice lattes)
???? Any other suggestions regarding weather and seasons!

The development schedule suggests that there will be basic weather effects and will be mostly worked on during the early access period.
Theorist
#1325 Old 12th May 2022 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Paralives posted this 5-10-2022: https://store.steampowered.com/news...388376495477648

I still think putting pets, especially horses, in the base game is too ambitious. Weather yes, that is something that can fit into the basegame, but pets idk. It just seems sometimes that with all the stuff they aspire to put into the basegame alone the early access period will take five years or something.

Though it's interesting that it's the last brainstorming for a while.

Page 53 of 73