Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 7:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Game has started lag spikes that won't go away
6Hey guys, I'm just looking for any help at this point because nothing is working for me. I have a bunch of mods, play on high graphic settings, a couple notable mods are story progression, and overwatch.

My PC specs :
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 8 GB

So I'm doing the 100 baby challenge but I still have my household limit set to 8 sims, and I haven't had any pets to date so it's always been 8 sims. It is Week 12, Day 3, and as of now I have unplayable lag. I am not sure what could have caused it, I have been playing as normal. I have tried resetting the lot, resetting the town, even deleting households because the world is pretty populated. I even downloaded the new MOD from modthesims "smooth patch". Backing up the save, trying to start vanilla. Moving to a new town. None of which helped. I'd like to keep this save if I can because it's for my challenge.

Here is where it gets WEIRD:
I have dual monitor setup, so I'm typing this as sims is open on my right monitor. Currently I'm on my left screen monitor doing something else, it is not lagging AT ALL. I can see my sims talking and moving just like normal. In buy/build mode, there is no lag. In map view, there is no lag. It literally only lags in live mode when I try to play. I can click on sims as if I'm going to play (but not moving the mouse/clicking) but the minute I try to move the camera or click, huge lag spike that lasts 15-30 seconds. I'm honestly so lost and so annoyed rn LOL. I have literally never had this problem before. My PC runs sims just fine on high graphics all the time, but I am looking into getting a new processor and more ram.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks so much friends.