Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#9326 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 7:57 AM
If a visiting nonplayable sim stays out in the cold long enough to turn blue and doesn't warm up before leaving, they'll stay blue pretty much indefinitely, both in-person and in relationship panel/phone menu thumbnails. Poor little Gabriella Newson was blue for three seasons before I got fed up and moved the Newsons into a lot just so I could get her back to normal, and one of the professors at La Fiesta Tech has been blue for a full generation.

As a tangential discovery, it seems some base game premade houses don't have Seasons-proof roofing; the roof has to be replaced before the inside of the house is properly recognized as being, well, inside. I spent half a sim-day futilely attempting to warm Gabriella up before realizing the problem.
Advertisement
Theorist
#9327 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 11:20 AM
You probably got simler90's (or somebody else's) mod in that enables the visiting Sims to have changes in body temperature. The reason Maxis made it so that they don't get cold or hot is because of that very reason - for example, if somebody froze, they would have to arrive to a lot next time when it's boiling hot, so that they get the heatstroke overlay, and then finally have it become chilly on the lot so that they cool down to a normal temperature.
Forum Resident
#9328 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 11:39 AM
A little spin-thing for children to play on in Bluewater village's park. I had never seen it there or at all, as it were.
Also, a sim had a want to toast for another. I can't recall ever having seen that want before.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#9329 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
You probably got simler90's (or somebody else's) mod in that enables the visiting Sims to have changes in body temperature. The reason Maxis made it so that they don't get cold or hot is because of that very reason - for example, if somebody froze, they would have to arrive to a lot next time when it's boiling hot, so that they get the heatstroke overlay, and then finally have it become chilly on the lot so that they cool down to a normal temperature.

I have no such mod and visitors' temperatures change all the time. Once a home business customer even froze to death on my lot.
Mad Poster
#9330 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 9:07 PM
So apparently if you disable all of the default build/mode mode music it'll still play the default music you disabled on occasion and will even glitch out the game where the neighborhood music starts playing in build/buy modes.

I am disappointed at this discovery, yet intrigued at why it does this.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Theorist
#9331 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 11:15 AM
In CAS, if you download clothing hiders CC and hide all maxis clothes and have no binned/townified custom clothing, the game will act as if all the clothes are still available. I assume this is what happens to the playlist as well.

When I'm building for a long time, the game continues to play other mode music when it reaches the end of the playlist for the particular mode I'm in. When it starts playing the neighborhood mode music for the second time and I'm still in buy mode, I know it's my time to save the game and close it for the day.
Instructor
#9332 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 8:38 PM
Well okay so it's not really in sims 2 but it pertains to me posting pictures in the sims 2 section of mts...

I've just learned today that imgbb can upload multiple images at once I've been uploading them one at a time this entire time
Instructor
#9333 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 11:13 PM
Apologies for double posting, but I swear I've never seen this floor in my life...
The description mentions future...Pets maybe?
Mad Poster
#9334 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 11:16 PM
Future Waffles are all Apartment Life, I believe. It's just a black floor so you've probably just never noticed it. Probably it's used in Belladonna Cove and/or some lot bin apartments.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#9335 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 3:21 PM
For the first time, I got the message that my Sims had an anniversary they wished they could forget. It was Priya and Sanjayy. Most of the time, good anniversary parties are easy. It's kind of fitting, though, that they wouldn't have a good one because Priya and Sanjay are usually my most miserable Sims, mostly because I don't help them too much with making their lives better.
Test Subject
#9336 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 8:21 PM
Experimenting with Cyjon's Less Jealousy mod in a test hood has revealed that truly polyamorous relationships are now possible. With a little patience and careful isolating of pairs during their first romantic interaction, I was able to create a household of eight sims in which all of them are in love with each other. Everyone can do whatever they want with whoever they want without any risk of boings sounding off. Amusingly, when I turned free will back on to see what kind of antics a love octagon would get up to, they all spent a few hours congratulating each other on seducing everyone else in the household.
Link Ninja
#9337 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmaline
Experimenting with Cyjon's Less Jealousy mod in a test hood has revealed that truly polyamorous relationships are now possible. With a little patience and careful isolating of pairs during their first romantic interaction, I was able to create a household of eight sims in which all of them are in love with each other. Everyone can do whatever they want with whoever they want without any risk of boings sounding off. Amusingly, when I turned free will back on to see what kind of antics a love octagon would get up to, they all spent a few hours congratulating each other on seducing everyone else in the household.

Does this work with ACR and any kind of jealousy toggles manually set with it?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
#9338 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Does this work with ACR and any kind of jealousy toggles manually set with it?

I honestly couldn't tell you, since I don't use ACR, but Cyjon mentions in the description of the mod that part of its code is borrowed from ACR's jealousy calculations-- or at least, whatever ACR's jealousy calculations were when Cyjon made the mod in 2011. My gut instinct would be to assume that Cyjon's jealousy settings and ACR's jealousy settings probably aren't compatible, but it would require experimentation. Your mileage may vary. Cyjon's does what I wanted (infinitely-extendable mutual polyamory and related sims can date the same person without getting angry with each other), so my investigations stopped there.
Mad Poster
#9339 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 11:24 PM
I discovered that you can get a Sim ringing up suggesting a trip downtown, even if you don't have a Downtown attached. It happened to Romance Teen Marcus Finlater when I was playing Baldrair Bluffs (my custom 'hood which acts as a feeder to Land Grant University). In this case it was combined with the "contact" scenario: teen townie Abigail Ivers wanted to get to know Marcus because her friend Tommy Tyndale had enjoyed a dream date with Marcus. Forgetting for a second that I wasn't playing Veronaville, and that there was no Downtown attached, I got Marcus to accept the invitation. A few minutes later a dialogue appeared asking him to choose a downtown lot to meet on, but since there is no attached downtown, the dialogue box was empty -- there were no available lots for them to meet on. We soon got a message to hurry up and not stand Abigail up!

To try to retrieve the situation I got Marcus to ring Abigail and invite her over. She accepted without quibble. When she arrived she came straight in (without waiting to be greeted), and the Outing meter appeared and started to count down. The only sour note was a message from another teen townie Eli Russell, to say that he was upset at being "stood up", and telling Marcus not to 'phone him any more. I guess he must have been a member of Abigail's group for the intended outing. Since Marcus had never even met Eli, he wasn't very upset at being told not to ring him! Tommy Tyndale was already on the lot for a sleepover, and another teen townie Britney Kirby was there too. These too became members of Abigail's group, with blue plumbbobs over their heads. Marcus concentrated on keeping them all entertained and happy, and the meter kept going up. In the end it was a Super "Outing" despite not going anywhere. Abigail was pleased with it, and is now friends with Marcus. Not bad considering there was no Downtown to go to!

I later checked Eli Russell in SimPE, and he has no relationship with Marcus, nor does he have any memory about being "stood up" -- he doesn't seem upset about it at all, so I'm sure he'll be OK with Marcus if they should meet later.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#9340 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 12:43 PM
@AndrewGloria I have had that happen before in my neighborhoods without a downtown and usually if I call a taxi or use a car to go to a local community lot, the outing still takes place with all intended participants. You might try that if it happens again.
Scholar
#9341 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 1:08 PM
I discovered that the professional repair person can get electrocuted while repairing the TV and can set the TV on fire. Good things someone was home to call the fire department when it happened.
Mad Poster
#9342 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmaline
If a visiting nonplayable sim stays out in the cold long enough to turn blue and doesn't warm up before leaving, they'll stay blue pretty much indefinitely, both in-person and in relationship panel/phone menu thumbnails. Poor little Gabriella Newson was blue for three seasons before I got fed up and moved the Newsons into a lot just so I could get her back to normal, and one of the professors at La Fiesta Tech has been blue for a full generation.

As a tangential discovery, it seems some base game premade houses don't have Seasons-proof roofing; the roof has to be replaced before the inside of the house is properly recognized as being, well, inside. I spent half a sim-day futilely attempting to warm Gabriella up before realizing the problem.

If you have the simblender, there is an option to reset temperature. This does not require the sim being playable to work, you can use it on walkbys without greeting them. (There's an allowance to do this in some Apocalypse rulesets: you can't use it if you're going to interact with the sim, but you can if they're just walking on by, which is how I learned it was possible.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#9343 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 5:00 PM
when you're on this screen in CAS you can zoom in using your mouse wheel
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9344 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 5:00 PM
That visiting pixels will sit down and eat all leftover food at the table. Guess they were a bit hungry!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#9345 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 1:07 AM
If you use Freetime's townie-aging feature to age up someone who's currently visiting the active household, they'll cut the visit short with a standard 'bye' message, then age up, then leave the lot, in that order. The fact that they stay on the lot long enough to age up makes me think this might be a good way to supervise the process and make sure everything goes smoothly.
Alchemist
#9346 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 10:33 PM
Apparently sims can use pinball machines on a 45 degree angle, but not regular arcade machines. I don't know why, but I honestly expected that to be the other way around.

(And @cosmaline I just linked this in another thread; Simler90's Aging Townie Aspiration Fix lets you pick an aging townie child's aspiration and turn ons/off when transitioning into a teen, fyi.)

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#9347 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 3:35 AM
I learned two weird things today. That one, penguins have conversations with snowmen, and two, that sims can apparently become flour hugging lunatics after failing a semester?
Screenshots

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#9348 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 3:37 AM
Haven't you seen family sims in aspiration failure before? Just fill a few wants; she'll be fine.

Penguins love talking to snowmen. I presume snowmen enjoy it too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#9349 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 4:04 AM
Guess not. Need to stop treating my sims so well.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Instructor
#9350 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 12:14 AM
A small bug. If you fulfill a want (say, one of the "buy X" wants) while a Sim is talking with the Therapist and that want increases the aspiration meter to the green, after the Sim is done with the Therapist the aspiration meter will drop back down to red as if the Sim was still in aspiration failure.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Page 374 of 442