Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 4:26 PM Last edited by leslienv03 : 23rd Mar 2016 at 9:46 PM.
Default default replacement woes...
so marja was kind enough to walk me through defaulting. i'm trying to make superhero/villan replacements with the super heroes from rentedspace here

with marja's walkthrough you can only replace clothes with one group, i.e. body (facecount=2570 vertexcount=1802)

but all the male files from rented space use 2 or more group, body, suit etc.

so is there no way to use these items as defaults?

*edit after taking a look at each mesh i might be misunderstanding things (totally new at this btw) but here are the groups in SimPE am- mesh1, has body and body_alpha
mesh 2, has body and suit
mesh 3 has, body, body_alpha x's 2

af- mesh 1, has body, body_alpha, shoes
mesh 2, has body, body_alpha

so are the ones that only contain "body..." 1 group like the am mesh 1?
and the ones that contain "body and something else", like am mesh 2, two groups?

anti-social :-D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 7:18 PM
I would imagine that you can use meshes with more than one group BUT you will have to alter your recolour to reflect those changes. CatOfEvilGenius has a tutorial for making alpha skirts (which means the mesh has more than one group) and you should be able to use the same idea to add the groups to your default replacement package.

It looks like all the meshes you mentioned have more than one group, so you'll need to add those groups to your recolour package if you want your default replacements to work.