Replies: 4504 (Who?), Viewed: 148586 times.
Page 181 of 181
Mad Poster
#4501 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 4:36 AM
Another day, another soul-sucking set of phone calls made to tame my mania and bipolar.

For those wondering the abstract concept of the torture I receive when I am weaned off old medicine and prepare for new pills, only to have an episode. Think of Pixar's Inside Out...only with 100 emotions and a video wall comprised of 1,000 flat screens, all normally working in perfect synchronicity. Once weaned off certain pills and the opportunity strikes, the screens take on individual feeds of various thoughts, some happy, some sad, some angry, some showing my lovesickness, some triggering anxiety when I was in middle school, some showing random shit that doesn't make sense in our world like the "Let It Go" sequence from Frozen (one) translated in Hindi but the movie was never distributed in India.

In short, I am not really a happy camper right now. Only thing that made me cry was Steve Burns of Blue's Clues fame talking about student loans, jobs and families while I am a NEET who lost her training center after the government misplaced the funding, her reserved position at Boeing after the 2008 economic downturn and suffers from PCOS, and approaching 35 quicker than Sonic the Hedgehog's cameraman.

Only thing that kept me happy was a series of animations based on Mo Willems' bibliography which includes the Pigeon books and the Knuffle Bunny trilogy. Most of the voice credits went to Mo Willems and his daughter Trixie. I was a big fan of Mo Willems since his series of shorts titled "The Offbeats" and his half hour, 3 act series "Sheep in the Big City".

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4502 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 10:46 AM
My livingroom looks like a bomb hit it. I'd like it to be back to normal, but that's not going to happen until this evening or tomorrow.

It started with going to check the mail the other day. As I was coming back from the mailbox, I noticed the window sill under the air conditioner was all discolored. Later I would figure out the discoloration was from rust. The air conditioner is basically rotting from the inside out. When the fan turns on, it blows rusty water everywhere. That air conditioner is about 5 years old.

I've been listening to more and more people talk about how things are not made like they used to be. It seems as though it isn't only me that is having issues with appliances only lasting for about 5-6 years before they crap out. I'll spare everybody my rant about that; the air conditioner is sitting on the coffee table with the mat I use to do fish tank water changes. The mat is water proof as window air conditioners always leak water when they've been moved. The POS is going out to the curb with a free sign. It still works, I just don't know for how long and I'm not wasting more time cleaning up rust stains. In the meantime, I moved the portable AC we bought a few months ago into the livingroom. The unit itself sits inside and the exhaust vent is made from plastic, so no rusting problems but having another thing sitting on the floor adding to the 'mess' problem.

No problems with groceries yesterday. The store however ran out of the snacks I ordered, so they called to see if I wanted something else. I told them no and decided to put a big box store order in as snacks are one of those things that are seeing price increases and hoarding. I guess people think they can live off of Cheez-Its.

It is still cheaper to order from the big box store for that kind of stuff, so I also ordered 2 cases of flavored water, olive oil, snacks, bread and some other random things. The bread went in the freezer, the olive oil and snacks were put away, but the 2 cases of water are sitting on the livingroom floor. Since I'm talking about groceries, the veggie box I ordered came in the other day. Said box was very well packed, but the kale didn't ship well, the cucumbers have that gross wax all over them that is used to preserve them and then there are the carrots. It is a tiny bundle and they are the most bendy carrots that I've seen in awhile. They're so rubbery that I can bend them into a U shape and they don't break. The carrots will be chopped up and used in a potato soup or roasted, the kale has gone away and the rest of the stuff was okay. Perhaps I should have just ordered a box of potatoes and garlic as those are 'normal'. There was also a lemon, a pear, Italian tomatoes and few peppers and some other random things. For what I spent for this box of 'farm fresh' vegetables, it wasn't worth it and rubber carrots are not fresh.

When I haven't been moving air conditioners and muttering to myself about false advertising, the rest of my time has been spent with more budgeting stuff. Our mortgage company is out of their mind if they think I'm paying them another 10 years worth of interest. Since we don't have a life and won't for the foreseeable future because of Rona and whatever else rears its ugly head, may as well put proverbial blinders on, buckle down and pay the house off. It isn't going to happen overnight, we're not wealthy but there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to be done with it in a couple of years. I've spent the past year or so grumping about the crappy quality of things anyway, so I don't have any reason to be blowing money on crap that comes with a whole bunch of marketing hype only to complain more about how other stuff is a POS that I had to throw out for one reason or another.

The rest of the budgeting stuff is going to work like the grocery / household budget except for things where the amount doesn't change, like the mortgage. Whatever funds are not used will be rolled over to the next month in most cases with exceptions. A example: If I budget $150.00 for the electric bill and it only comes to $100.00, the extra $50 will either go into a savings account, added to the pet food budget if it will be needed or tossed at mortgage principle. I'm going to be flexible and apply funds where they need to go from month to month. In the case of paying off mortgage principle, if I don't specify where the extra money goes to them, they will automatically take it as interest, because banks.

We talked about moving the mortgage to our bank just to get away from the disaster that is our current mortgage company, but after considering points that would have to be paid, the cost of inspections, paperwork and all the other BS that goes into moving a mortgage from one bank to another, it wouldn't be worth it. It would make my life easier in terms of paying the stupid thing off, but I'm not willing to spend a couple thousand dollars because I don't want to have to make a phone call or log into another website. As low as interest rates are right now, it still wouldn't be worth it. The savings would be lost with the cost of all the other nonsense that would need to happen.
Mad Poster
#4503 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 4:03 AM
It's been a month since my father came home from the hospital and we're now getting on each other's nerves.

I don't want to go for a walk. I hate going for walks in warm weather with moist heat.

I sleep to escape his grouchy attitude when he's in pain. He sleeps because of the pain they put him through in physical therapy.

I don't think I can handle another 2 months.

Mad Poster
#4504 Old Yesterday at 10:07 AM
I finished the book I was reading. It ended perfectly. But now I feel that horrible sense of emptiness. The Renegade series is amazing and I encourage anyone to read it. Now I've just started on another book but I just can't get into it.

Also I'm just not in a great mood today. I didn't sleep well last night, my neck hurts from sleeping in a weird position, my legs kept cramping throughout the night and I'd wake up in pain. Plus I had my vaccine yesterday so today my arm hurts and I have a bit of a headache. Ugh.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4505 Old Yesterday at 10:56 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 1:22 AM.
Saw my nephrologist Dr. MP and I have a change to the routine.

Nothing too drastic. I also have to see Dr. DB again for a flu shot and a few diagnostics.

Edit: I'm also attending a birthday party for my 93 year old grandfather this upcoming Sunday. He lives in a house neighboring a Korean American strip mall.

Page 181 of 181