Replies: 188 (Who?), Viewed: 20155 times.
Page 8 of 8
Test Subject
#176 Old 19th May 2021 at 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
That error message is for the game packages, not your mod packages. Please try again, and remember you have to close and restart SimRipper if you make changes to the paths. If it's still not working, please post screenshots of your game installation files showing the full path, your mods folder showing the full path, and your settings again showing the full paths.

Ah ok! Well in that case I fixed it. The game path was set to my game's bin folder for some reason so I manually set it myself and now it opens without any errors. Thank you so much for the quick reply I'll keep you posted lol

~Kosmo can't live without the Khaos~
Test Subject
#177 Old 30th May 2021 at 6:36 PM Last edited by AmuHav : 30th May 2021 at 7:37 PM.
I have noticed one oddity; the ripper rips 3D eyelashes, but I can't *save* a sim with them, in any format. It comes up with an error "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." I wouldn't mind, as I don't really need the eyelashes for what I'm ripping them for, but it is a little annoying when I forget and have to go back into the game and resave the sim without them
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#178 Old 30th May 2021 at 7:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuHav
I have noticed one oddity; the ripper rips 3D eyelashes, but I can't *save* a sim with them, in any format. It comes up with an error "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." I wouldn't mind, as I don't really need the eyelashes for what I'm ripping them for, but it is a little annoying when I forget and have to go back into the game and resave the sim without them ????

Please upload the eyelashes package so I can test.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#179 Old 30th May 2021 at 7:15 PM Last edited by AmuHav : 11th Jun 2021 at 9:43 AM.
Quote:
Please upload the eyelashes package so I can test.

Here are two

EDIT: god I'm so bloody dumb, sorry! Those two were a texture fix, not the actual mesh. Here is the actual lashes .
Test Subject
#180 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 2:49 PM
Is there a chance for this amazing tool to be made compatible with The Sims Medieval meshes too?

Medieval uses the same engine as TS3, but just changing the location don't work. Program won't crash, but loads empty model and throws errors that it cannot read VPXY from SASFullBuild2.package and cannot find the Rig.
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#181 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 8:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousNorbo
Is there a chance for this amazing tool to be made compatible with The Sims Medieval meshes too?

Medieval uses the same engine as TS3, but just changing the location don't work. Program won't crash, but loads empty model and throws errors that it cannot read VPXY from SASFullBuild2.package and cannot find the Rig.

I believe Medieval has different versions of some resources. I'm about to start working on this tool again, so I'll look into it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#182 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 7:42 PM
Quote:
I believe Medieval has different versions of some resources. I'm about to start working on this tool again, so I'll look into it.

Awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
#183 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 2:22 AM
I was just wondering, will source code for this tool be released at some point?

Asking because I noticed that source of TS4 version of the ripper is released to the public.
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#184 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 12:33 PM
Quote:
I was just wondering, will source code for this tool be released at some point?

Asking because I noticed that source of TS4 version of the ripper is released to the public.

When I eventually make this an official upload I'll upload the source. If you want to see it now just ask.

Test Subject
#185 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 7:52 AM
Hello! First off, please let me preface everything by saying THANK YOU SO MUCH for making this tool! I spent so long trying to figure out how to do this, and here, you have put in so much work, effort, and care into creating a tool that will allow us to export our Sims the way we want.

I do have a couple of questions however, and I apologize if they have already been asked (it is my first time actually posting a question on this site, so I'm still learning how everything works). By my understanding, Sims3Packs and their respective packages are still unable to be read, correct? (I have a sim that uses some CC, so it makes sense to me if some items are not appearing for this reason.)

However, it seems that even base game textures don't seem to be uploading quite properly? I have a base sim with base clothing, but the rendering is off. The shape of the clothes still comes up, but the texturing is not correct, or just missing entirely. I wonder if it has to do with using the Create A Style options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just want to make sure I am using the program correctly! Thank you!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#186 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 8:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vensey
Hello! First off, please let me preface everything by saying THANK YOU SO MUCH for making this tool! I spent so long trying to figure out how to do this, and here, you have put in so much work, effort, and care into creating a tool that will allow us to export our Sims the way we want.

I do have a couple of questions however, and I apologize if they have already been asked (it is my first time actually posting a question on this site, so I'm still learning how everything works). By my understanding, Sims3Packs and their respective packages are still unable to be read, correct? (I have a sim that uses some CC, so it makes sense to me if some items are not appearing for this reason.)

However, it seems that even base game textures don't seem to be uploading quite properly? I have a base sim with base clothing, but the rendering is off. The shape of the clothes still comes up, but the texturing is not correct, or just missing entirely. I wonder if it has to do with using the Create A Style options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just want to make sure I am using the program correctly! Thank you!

Thanks!

From that pic my guess is that there's a texture that's not being resized correctly. If you're using 0.4.0, please try the test version I uploaded in comments a while ago - 0.4.2. I've attached it here too so you don't have to search. If the same problem is happening, please upload your save game and the sim troubleshooting info which you can save with the new 'Save Sim Troubleshooting Info' button.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip TS3SimRipper_0_4_2_0.zip (1.49 MB, 9 downloads)

Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#187 Old Yesterday at 6:21 PM
Version 0.5.0 is available, with preliminary support for The Sims Medieval. MTS isn't letting me upload it here so use this download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tN...iew?usp=sharing

Test Subject
#188 Old Today at 8:01 PM
First of all, super thanks for updating this amazing tool!

I've tested it for a while, mainly on adult male and female sims without cc and so far everything works great! The only minor glitches I've encountered were that ripper seems to shows sims with wrong clothing as first outfit, while the proper appearence is set as either 4th or 5th outfit. Also some parts appear invisible in the ripper view, but appear just fine once you rip the model (for example, the crown of the woman in the attached screenshots).

rigging works perfectly fine, and even without bone morphs the character looks identical! I attached a close-up of sim's face.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#189 Old Today at 8:20 PM
Quote:
First of all, super thanks for updating this amazing tool!

I've tested it for a while, mainly on adult male and female sims without cc and so far everything works great! The only minor glitches I've encountered were that ripper seems to shows sims with wrong clothing as first outfit, while the proper appearence is set as either 4th or 5th outfit. Also some parts appear invisible in the ripper view, but appear just fine once you rip the model (for example, the crown of the woman in the attached screenshots).

rigging works perfectly fine, and even without bone morphs the character looks identical! I attached a close-up of sim's face.

Thanks! They actually look a lot better than I thought from my very brief testing. I'll have to figure out what's up with the invisible parts, but I'm happy most of the patterns came out okay and the skin colors are closer than I thought.

I don't think TS3/TSM sim exports - the resource I use along with the sim outfits - specify the current outfit but I'll take another look when I get home in a few days.

Page 8 of 8