Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 9:54 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 26th Nov 2021 at 10:21 PM.
Default Deadly Outdoors for Worlds?
Question to everyone-

What parameters can we tweak (i.e. via NRAAS Tempest) to make extreme worlds for our sims?

For instance:

Temperature-related:
- Ice world- Low temperatures + the freezing moodlet is much shorter, so your sims can freeze to death far more easily.
- Desert world- High temperatures + the spontaneous combustion moodlet is much shorter, so your sims can burn to death far more easily.
In both these worlds, transport will either need to be by vehicle, or through a network of waystations that allow your sims to recuperate.

Hazard-related:
- Meteor world- Frequency of meteorites is increased substantially, so your sim is nearly always at risk of meteorites.
- Lava world- Hot temperatures combined with frequent meteorites.
In these worlds, survival relies on underground bunkers that meteorites can't penetrate.
- Lightning world- Constant storms + frequent lightning strikes. In this world, all activity will need to be covered, away from lightning strikes.
- Zombie world- Zombie generation tweaked for all hours + zombification interactions enabled for sims. Likewise, some certain lots can have mummy tombs added to them to create more danger. Danger, however is primarily limited to lots.

These worlds would also benefit from eliminating free meals from fridges + a lack of retail rabbitholes.

I think these could potentially make for interesting scenarios and legacies, as well as for unique story-telling.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
so I use the cheat thing? and click the lot ground to choose season options. then I set temperature to -200. but it doesn't seem to kill the sims.

I was thinking it would need to utilize Tempest + edit moodlets so the effects are more severe.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 2:17 PM
This mod makes meteors happen a lot.
https://modthesims.info/d/585038/si...or-chances.html
You might want to combine it with this one, otherwise, you'll be looking at an empty world pretty quickly.
https://modthesims.info/d/563469/up...stem-bonus.html
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Question to everyone-

What parameters can we tweak (i.e. via NRAAS Tempest) to make extreme worlds for our sims?
I think these could potentially make for interesting scenarios and legacies, as well as for unique story-telling.

... You might add the "constant deadly epidemic" to the possible world scenarios...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 10:27 AM Last edited by LemonyLin : 2nd Dec 2021 at 6:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I think Zerbu's Disaster Mod would be perfect. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated for long and the author doesn't guarantee it'll work. It didn't work in my game but I hope it will for you:
http://zerbu.blogspot.com/2014/01/disasters.html

So far as I've tested it doesn't work on 1.69/1.67.
I do hope someone updates it one day, it sounds amazing.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
@LemonyLin, it doesn't work on 1,63 either :/

That's unfortunate.