Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 7:16 AM
Default Trouble using the Memorize Scene button (Painting skill>>Smart Phone)
I think I need help. I want my Sim to memorize a scene so he can paint it for his child, but every time I hit the appropriate button it’s flat-out impossible to a) not start with the frame on the outside of the house, and b) once I’m inside, get everybody in the dang shot as intended. All I’m trying to do is take a photo of the kid’s biological family so I can turn it into a painting later! Aaaaaargh!

My Sim is level ten in Painting, and has several helpful bits, like the Avant Garde and Artistic traits, and the Extra Creative lifetime reward. He also has the Future Sim lifetime reward, although that may or may not matter.

I'm not sure what to do to accomplish this small goal that will be important to the Sim's adoptive child's life (if only in some imaginary way). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy Simming!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 5:41 AM
A month later but....

I would suggest having your Sim(s) invest in the photography skill instead since it offers way more control and creativity. Though you may have to send your Sim across the street or be in the middle of the street to take a photo of the house and people in front of it.

An example of the photo my Sim took, though with the zoom function I am pretty sure I could even fit in the whole family if posed efficiently.

Another option, if you meet the requirements, is to take the screenshot yourself and then use this mod to place the picture into the designated frame for display. Such as:

PosterSet Loader v1.1
https://modthesims.info/d/579395/po...-july-2016.html

Posterset Loader Studio
https://modthesims.info/d/579394/po...-july-2016.html

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vgamer1991_22
I think I need help. I want my Sim to memorize a scene so he can paint it for his child, but every time I hit the appropriate button it’s flat-out impossible to a) not start with the frame on the outside of the house, and b) once I’m inside, get everybody in the dang shot as intended. All I’m trying to do is take a photo of the kid’s biological family so I can turn it into a painting later! Aaaaaargh!

My Sim is level ten in Painting, and has several helpful bits, like the Avant Garde and Artistic traits, and the Extra Creative lifetime reward. He also has the Future Sim lifetime reward, although that may or may not matter.

I'm not sure what to do to accomplish this small goal that will be important to the Sim's adoptive child's life (if only in some imaginary way). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy Simming!

You can always pause the game, use moo, and control the camera and the wall mode with hotkeys....

Or am I missing something?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.