Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 6:17 PM
Default Game crashes frequently
Hi everyone. I love playing the Sims 2 but what stops me is it often 'jumps' or lags before crashing. This happens at anytime while playing the game and it even happens at a 6 p.m. age up. I have installed the 4GB patch as well as the Graphics Rules Maker. I also play with my Internet connection off.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 6:54 PM
Can you list your computer specs (memory/RAM, graphic card/chip, processor/ghz, OS/Windows version, etc.)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Can you list your computer specs (memory/RAM, graphic card/chip, processor/ghz, OS/Windows version, etc.)?

Of course. Here they are.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  COMPUTER-config-log.txt (10.4 KB, 8 downloads)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 8:05 PM
  1. Do you have any mods/CC? If you do, have you tried testing in a completely fresh Sims 2 folder?
  2. If you're using The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin, is Origin In Game disabled?
  3. The log seems mostly fine as far as fixes are concerned, but would you mind using Graphics Rules Maker to apply settings by Auto-detecting them? You can back up your original Graphics Rules file.
  4. If you have integrated + dedicated graphics (e.g. Intel + Nvidia/AMD), you will need to force the game to run on dedicated as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
  1. Do you have any mods/CC? If you do, have you tried testing in a completely fresh Sims 2 folder?
  2. If you're using The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin, is Origin In Game disabled?
  3. The log seems mostly fine as far as fixes are concerned, but would you mind using Graphics Rules Maker to apply settings by Auto-detecting them? You can back up your original Graphics Rules file.
  4. If you have integrated + dedicated graphics (e.g. Intel + Nvidia/AMD), you will need to force the game to run on dedicated as well.

(1 I do and I can try that.
(2 I have the Ultimate Collection but it's not from Origin.
(3 and (4 How would I do that?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JudgedBnB
(3 and (4 How would I do that?

3. Download and install Graphics Rules Maker, run it (as admin), and select Sims 2. Tick the first two settings (Disable texture memory estimate adjustment and Enable driver's memory manager), select the appropriate texture memory (ideally it should match your card's VRAM) and resolution, and save. (I know I said Auto-detect, but you can enter these manually.)
4. Go to Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics Settings. If it says Microsoft Store app, click on that and select Desktop app. Click Browse, find Sims2EP9.exe and add it to the list. Click on Sims 2 -> Options -> High performance. The game should now use dedicated graphics.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 9:14 PM
3. Download and install Graphics Rules Maker, run it (as admin), and select Sims 2. Tick the first two settings (Disable texture memory estimate adjustment and Enable driver's memory manager), select the appropriate texture memory (ideally it should match your card's VRAM) and resolution, and save. (I know I said Auto-detect, but you can enter these manually.)
4. Go to Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics Settings. If it says Microsoft Store app, click on that and select Desktop app. Click Browse, find Sims2EP9.exe and add it to the list. Click on Sims 2 -> Options -> High performance. The game should now use dedicated graphics.

I'm about to load my game and test it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 11:07 PM

Oh, my gosh! My game has never worked better! You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much!! :D