Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 7:43 PM Last edited by lildiva3229 : 4th Aug 2021 at 5:12 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bon Voyage expansion only half working (solved)
Not exactly sure when the issue started because I use my game for creating sims videos but my bon voyage game only half works. all the build/buy stuff is available and sims are able to go on vacation. However, none of the bon voyage npcs are wearing their usual outfits and some of the animations from the game don't work. on a vacation lot, I get errors frequently from the npcs. The problem persists even in a vanilla game. I have ultimate collection. I have never seen this issue and I'm assuming at this point I will have to reinstall. However, since I use my game for machinima I need all of my characters and sets to remain the same. If I have a backup of my machinima's neighborhood folder and paste it into the ea folder after reinstalling, will everything be the same? Or will I have to replace all the lots, move all the characters back in,dress them back up,redecorate the neighborhood, etc? I really would like to be able to use bon voyage's features in my videos but if my characters/sets risk looking different then I can wait on reinstalling. Or is there another way to fix this issue?
What's even more odd is that if I open up bodyshop and clone the bon voyage outfits the texture shows up in the exported png just not in the game.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I reinstalled and everything is back to normal. thanks for the help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 7:55 PM
If the game is from Origin, you could repair it, just make sure you back up The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder in Documents\EA Games\. That's where all your neighborhoods and mods are located. Keep in mind that repairing the game might remove any fixes you've done inside the installation folder, including, but not limited to, 4GB Patch, Graphics Rules fix and/or clean neighborhoods. You will have to restore those once the game is repaired.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 8:00 PM
If you restore from this backup, keep in mind that townies/sims who wore borked clothes could be wearing borked clothes or have other problems happening with them if you have saved your game if you restore that backup. Same with anything else that's borked.

If you have sims or houses you want to keep from this backup, you can extract them from the backup or before doing the backup (do so safely - sims via SimPE and cloning in Bodyshop, and houses need to be extracted and cleaned - can post tutorials if you need it).

Fixing your game via Origin is basically a "medium reinstall" - it's not quite a reinstall but it resets the game to "factory settings". It's meant to not touch the played game, but you never know, it usually fully replaces or messes up something, so best save/backup files you want to keep.