Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2021 at 11:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing labels in BCONs?
I got Quaxi's newest version of SimPE from 2019 here and I noticed the text in the "Labels" column for all BCONs is missing. It's just all blank which makes it pretty much impossible to tune BCONs accurately.

There's a page here where you can see text under the Labels column like it's supposed to be. I've attached a screenshot of the same BCON in my SimPE so you can see the difference.

Also, if you scroll down on the page I linked, the part outlined in red under the "Instruction Settings" shows text. SimPE doesn't show this text for me now, either, since I switched from Chris Hatch's version of SimPE to Quaxi's.

I tried resetting the layout and clearing the cache but no luck unfortunately. I've also tried resetting and reloading the FileTable with no luck. All game paths are recognized.

Thank you for any help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2021 at 3:59 AM
Can I ask why you are going back to Quaxi's version?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2021 at 10:18 AM Last edited by The Literal Rose : 22nd May 2021 at 10:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Can I ask why you are going back to Quaxi's version?

I can't exactly remember where I saw it in SimPE, but Chris Hatch's version has certain features reflecting their own custom stuff packs. I know one is called Angel & Nurses Stuff and another has a lewd name. I was also having issues where the "Commit" function didn't commit changes some of the time, even after I saved. I find Quaxi's version doesn't have this issue and I overall just prefer its appearance.

And I did just find a version of Chris Hatch's that doesn't have the lewd stuff pack linked here, but it still has the grayed out Angel & Nurses icon when you use the "Sim Browser" and open a Sim's files. It's a bit annoying but I'd rather not have missing BCON labels.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2021 at 10:22 AM Last edited by The Literal Rose : 22nd May 2021 at 10:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I've noticed it with multiple versions.  Also, not all BCONs have labels.

Yep, I'm aware of this. I looked through BCONs where I know there were labels before and they're not there anymore. In the screenshot I posted of the "CoffeeMug - Tuning - Motives," the labels are missing, but in the screenshot of the same BHAV seen on the page I linked, the labels are there. If I can't find a solution, I'll just go back to Chris Hatch's version.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd May 2021 at 5:39 PM
I don't see any extra icons in the sim browser or when opening a sim's file in Chris Hatch's SimPE? There's a greyed out icon for his EP with the other EP icons when you open a sim, but that's it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 2:21 PM
Quaxi's update is missing several files in the Data folder. You need to pull them from another SimPE build.