Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 3:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Not Enough Tourists and Locals Showing up in Vacation Hood
So, I'm having a new issue. :-(

I have researched this issue and the only answers I found had to do with notownieregen or Fewer Tourists. I don't have either of those mods installed, but I do have antiredundancy.

My problem is not that no tourists or locals are showing up at all, it's just that only a couple show up and it takes quite a while for them to do so. Also, there are only two other tourist households checked into the hotel with my sim, leaving most of the other rooms vacant. This is weird because it didn't used to be this way. I have checked all my hacks/mods and I don't see anything referring to tourists or townies.

From what I have read about antiredundancy, it shouldn't be causing this. Any thoughts?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 10:37 AM
Antiredundancy has nothing to do with it, as it deals with service NPC's.

How were your locals and tourists generated, are they the default ones, or was the hood created with empty BV templates (in which case you need Fewer Tourists) ?
How many tourist families are there in the hood, and how many tourists?

Locals: are they the ones shipped with the game? Do they show on community lots, in your exotic destinations subhoods ?

Not sure if this is relevant but do you limit the number of visitors on your lots somehow, like with the userstartup.cheat?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Antiredundancy has nothing to do with it, as it deals with service NPC's.

How were your locals and tourists generated, are they the default ones, or was the hood created with empty BV templates (in which case you need Fewer Tourists) ?
How many tourist families are there in the hood, and how many tourists?

Locals: are they the ones shipped with the game? Do they show on community lots, in your exotic destinations subhoods ?

Not sure if this is relevant but do you limit the number of visitors on your lots somehow, like with the userstartup.cheat?

That's what I thought. My locals and tourists are the default ones. I have never tried creating my own. It is just the default vacation hood. I didn't create it using an empty template. I don't know how many tourist families/tourists there are. I have sim PE but I don't know how to use it.

The locals are the ones that shipped with the game. They do show up on community lots in the vacation hood, there's just not as many as I would expect and it takes a while for them to show up. I've never used the userstartup cheat.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 6:35 PM
If you have the default vacation destinations, tourists and locals, then you have enough of them and it's probably not a mod conflict or CC issue. More likely it has to do with the computer performances, something like that. It can take a while for the tourists to check in, especially on heavier lots. I am not sure your issue is really something that can be fixed, maybe try to play smaller hotels to see if it's any better.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 9:24 PM
If you have the default vacation destinations, tourists and locals, then you have enough of them and it's probably not a mod conflict or CC issue. More likely it has to do with the computer performances, something like that. It can take a while for the tourists to check in, especially on heavier lots. I am not sure your issue is really something that can be fixed, maybe try to play smaller hotels to see if it's any better.

If that's the case, do you think this is something that more RAM could fix? The lot is just the basic Maxis Blossomwood hotel. It has no cc on it whatsoever. This used to not be an issue. I've played all the vacation lots in the past without this issue.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 11:47 PM
Indeed, that's rather a "light" hotel.
I don't know about the necessary specs, especially if you didn't change your computer. I was rather thinking about the issues we've been having since W10, or with the Ultimate Collection for people who play with that (I still have the discs install), and the trouble with making the game understand that we have powerful machines.

What could have changed between the time when it worked better, and now?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 9:50 PM
Indeed, that's rather a "light" hotel.
I don't know about the necessary specs, especially if you didn't change your computer. I was rather thinking about the issues we've been having since W10, or with the Ultimate Collection for people who play with that (I still have the discs install), and the trouble with making the game understand that we have powerful machines.

What could have changed between the time when it worked better, and now?

My computer actually has really good specs. I had it built specifically to play sims 2 lol. I run it on Win 7 and I also have the original discs; not the UC.

The only thing that has changed is I have added more cc to include some mods but no mods having to do with tourists, vacation locals, or townies.