Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 3:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Animation Errors and ACR
I have an issue with ACR 2.0 that I so far been unable to resolve and I am unable to find anything about this issue anywhere, including the old simbology forums on the wayback machine.
The issue is that some of the animations are glitched when performing ACR interactions. When it happens exactly is inconsistent. It affects use of the sofa and hot tub. Initiating the cuddle interaction through the casual menu results in one sim performing the correct action and the other sim standing up. What is strange about this is that if I make the sims perform the Maxis interaction first, the ACR cuddle interaction will then work. In the hot tub it's the make out animation that becomes glitched and this affects both the Maxis and the ACR interactions. Again this has an odd feature, it only appears after playing a hood for a few days.

Example of the glitched sofa cuddle interaction

Using testingCheats Enabled throws no errors and there is nothing in the log files. Initially I suspected InTeen and went through the procedure to eliminate mod conflicts. The HCDU has never shown anything I wouldn't expect and has never shown anything conflicting with ACR. Upon pulling all CC and mods, I gradually reintroduced my mod folder, deleting the Accessory.cache and Groups.cache files each time. The problem wouldn't occur until ACR was added. I went through this several times to see if adding ACR before or after other mods had any impact. It doesn't and neither does load order. The problem appears with just ACR. For repeated testing I've been using the Pleasant household in meetmetotheriver's clean Pleasantview just in case it was a hood corruption issue.

Since determining that the problem was ACR I've tried the following
-making sure all the core game files are set to read only
-reinstalling the game and then placing ACR in the downloads folder
-using a download of ACR from another source

Another thing that I've noticed through repeated testing is that the twins reaction to Daniel cheating changes with ACR installed. Without ACR, when they see Daniel and Kaylynn performing romantic interactions their reaction is "Watch Distressed" and they lose a lot of relationship with both him and Kaylynn. With ACR installed their reaction is "Be Disgusted" and this affects both the ACR and Maxis interaction. There is no relationship loss. I'm not sure if it's a feature or an indication that something is wrong. I only became aware of it because Angela runs to Daniel when she gets home from school.