Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 5:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default One Sim keeps causing my game to crash
I've been playing my megahood and have had no problems until i started playing desiderata valley everytime i try and load the aspir family the game crashes at first i assumed something may have wrong with the lot or family. I've tried moving them out but sense i haven't played them yet it won't let me. I've had both Victor and Elizabeth appear on other lots with no issue, but when i was trying to get them to move into another household by playing the contrary household i attepted to summon luis aspir with the sim blender, but as soon as I selected him the game crashed instantly. Does this mean he's corrupt and if so is there anyway to fix it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 6:06 PM
Do you have any CC? If so, you may want to check whether the issue is related to CC first.

If you have downloaded sims that contain CC and have this CC in separate folders, check if you have files that fit this description
- The file(s) are roughly 6 MB in size
- the filename is a random string of letters/numbers
- If you have SimPE and open the file, there's a bunch of CRES files in it.
These files sometimes attach themselves to sims and can hide in the Downloads folder for a long while, not creating any issues until they suddenly decide to start crashing your game. Maybe you add some CC they react to or there's a problem with an age/gender you rarely use. Eiter way, if you have any of these files, delete or move them out (if you're unsure if they're that kind of file) and see if it helps. They're not proper CC so it is safe to delete.

If you can't find any of those files, have you checked if the sims cause your game to crash if you remove your CC (backup your game first - removing CC can cause some problems and it's easier to fix those problems with a backup)? Chances are there's a CC item that's the problem.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrandiGrunt
I've been playing my megahood and have had no problems until i started playing desiderata valley everytime i try and load the aspir family the game crashes at first i assumed something may have wrong with the lot or family. I've tried moving them out but sense i haven't played them yet it won't let me. I've had both Victor and Elizabeth appear on other lots with no issue, but when i was trying to get them to move into another household by playing the contrary household i attepted to summon luis aspir with the sim blender, but as soon as I selected him the game crashed instantly. Does this mean he's corrupt and if so is there anyway to fix it?

If you have this file in your Downloads folder, delete it: 58ecc096d77380dbd550046995dd2e29.package
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 11:37 PM
^ or anything that looks like it, meaning a long, random string of letters and numbers (the files can have different strings of digits, there's several files like this going around).

Just so you don't get them confused, files with 8 digits, a _ then 8 more digits or a word behind are safe (files that look something like this: "5fac12bc_4ca198de.package" is usually sims saved in Bodyshop, also known as face presets. Anything with 8 digits and a _ then a word or something at the end is usually a recolor from Bodyshop. The letters used in the 8 digit codes are A-F)
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 4:15 PM
^^ THIS! I've been having a similar problem. I've been playing Strangetown and I added the La Fiesta Tech uni subhood, and moved Tank Grunt into the frat house after pledging him. I can play other households in the hood just fine. But the frat house kept crashing. Normally, I wouldn't play it because ew, but I figured it fit Tank's personality. I cleared my cache, ran Mootilda's hood checker multiple times, and re-ran the graphics rule maker but nothing worked. Did a quick sweep of my CC folder to see if there were any offenders, and sure enough, I had deleted some custom hairs in game in CAS but the folders still remained. That did the trick! Anyway, long storry short, check your CC