Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:07 AM Last edited by lazzybum : 17th Aug 2010 at 9:54 PM.
Anyone play Sims 1 still?
Sorry if this is the wrong section :/

I decided to get the sims 1 complete collection and fell in love with it after 2 minutes of playing (So much memories!!). Anyways, Im wondering if anyone else still plays and if theres any sites that still offers sims 1 downloads for free (especially food).

Also share some of your most memorable Sims 1 events :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:38 AM
Me! I have the collection too! It's so old, but that's what makes it fun. c:
Theorist
#3 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 9:32 AM
lazzybum, how much was the complete collection and where did you get it?

I remember that the Sims 1 was a struggle, that something as trivial as an appliance breaking could ruin the entire day. Job positions had strict friends requirements, forcing your sim to schmooze and sleep around. There were no advantages to having one job over another and so the best job was the one that paid the most. Children did not grow up to be adults and stayed useless the entire game. The humor was wacky. And it was very easy to make custom skins of anyone.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 11:32 AM
I reinstalled it recently and had a lot of fun playing it, especially magic town. I'm missing aging and real families there but found a lot of things, that I'd love to have for TS2 (sorry, my favourite, I'm not in love with TS3).

Here are some more sites with food:
Inés' Sim Bakery
Woobsha
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:35 PM
I never stopped playing Sims 1, even after I got Sims 2 and 3...I rotate which game I play, depending on what mood I'm in. Lately I've been playing Sims 1 alot. Even after all of these years of playing, I still love El Bandito (the raccoon that raids the sims' trash at night) and Claire the bear and how crazy and campy everything is. Today my sim family is throwing a wild costume party...there goes the neighborhood! There actually *is* a way to get kids to become adults in Sims 1...it's a magic charm in the Makin' Magic EP that the kids can do on themselves to grow up.

If you're looking for CC for Sims 1, just get on your browser's search engine and type "Sims 1 downloads" or "Sims 1 Custom Content". Many of them are still up. You might be surprised at what you find.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 4:12 PM
Yep Reinstalled it on my laptop to play while on holiday and I'm so enjoying it! So many memories. It's much "harder" to do things as well like get promoted.

I was so surprised with all the things I had forgotten. Like the chem table which was awesome. It's funny because I installed it thinking that gameplay would be a bit limited but I'm actually amazed at all the different activities available for the sims.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 4:57 PM Last edited by pcd1love2u : 17th Aug 2010 at 4:58 PM. Reason: Misspelling.
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
I never stopped playing Sims 1, even after I got Sims 2 and 3...I rotate which game I play, depending on what mood I'm in. Lately I've been playing Sims 1 alot. Even after all of these years of playing, I still love El Bandito (the raccoon that raids the sims' trash at night) and Claire the bear and how crazy and campy everything is. Today my sim family is throwing a wild costume party...there goes the neighborhood! There actually *is* a way to get kids to become adults in Sims 1...it's a magic charm in the Makin' Magic EP that the kids can do on themselves to grow up.

If you're looking for CC for Sims 1, just get on your browser's search engine and type "Sims 1 downloads" or "Sims 1 Custom Content". Many of them are still up. You might be surprised at what you find.

they can do that? i never knew that.. now that is going to make the game more fun thanks! :lovestruc
but wasn't there some sort of mod that made child sims teen sims, but ever since 2 and 3 that page is mostly gone by now.
I love sims 1 more than 2..
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 5:52 PM
I'm kind of intrigued by this discussion. One of the things that I think everyone agrees was awful about TS1 was the friend requirements for work. I think I recall having to maintain SEVENTEEN friends to become Mayor. I guess it was challenging though!

Even without mods you could simulate aging by using that spell in Makin' Magic to age your kids into adults, then kill off your adults and continue the cycle.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 5:55 PM
I always tried befriending a townie and marry them as that always brought like 10-11 friends with it

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:27 PM
its been awhile...but looking at all the great stuff that is for download, it brings me back and tempts me
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:50 PM
I remember I really wanted to play the Sims 1 not too long ago but couldn't find my discs. I eventually found them after I moved but didn't feel like playing it anymore I didn't have many EPs though. So yeah I haven't played it for years :/
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 7:03 PM
I tried to play last summer, but even thou it was fun, many many things bugged me. Like how small everything is, how they always ate the same food, how they walked, having the same head all the time, but mostly, it was how small everything was. It's still an awesome game, and I did find from somewhere a hacked cake to grow kids up, and I made Cassandra into an adult.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 7:05 PM
The limited 4 camera angles is a bit annoying and the fact that you can't zoom in so far

Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 7:22 PM
Aroundthesims has a large variety of foods and drinks and lots of other things. I still play Sims 1 ocassionally, the only problem is I can't play it without the moodbosters from aroundthesims. I'm a really lousy player.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 7:24 PM
I love Aroundthesims for TS1 downloads

Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 9:33 PM
Yes!

I love The Sims 1 so much. It is way harder than the other two, though. Time goes by so fast.. and the sims always seem so angry, lol. The only thing that truly annoys me is the four camera angles; I can still be content other than that. I remember having so much mods though.. right before TS2 made it to Pets.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:02 PM
I'd have to agree that the friends for work is a killer, the same foods, and the weird 4 angle camera are some of the things I dont like. But I still love sims 1, since you dont really have to worry about aging, theres TONS of things to do. Oh and now that sims 1 is on a newer computer, it loads epically fast xD.

My favorite memory is when I threw a massive party (called like 3-4) times so theres around 40 people? I think i also built like 10 bathroom stalls. And i had cages, cakes with entertainers, and made every wear costumes. It was so fun to watch, and Drew Carey came over but his limousine was bugged, so he was walking around in my sims bedroom while they sleep because he couldnt leave :[ Creepy Mr Carey!

Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
lazzybum, how much was the complete collection and where did you get it?

I bought on ebay for 36$ :]
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:10 PM
I remember the first time Drew Carey came over! His TV show was on around the time (here in Norway) so we thought it was extremely cool.

best thing with the parties was that you could have everyone there change into a themed set of clothes

Theorist
#19 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 1:17 AM
Thanks lazzybum! Never had the pleasure of playing Makin Magic or Superstar.

I remember looking on in astonishment as my sim took his date to a restaurant. The waiter took the order, took it to the cook who cooked the meal, and the waiter brought us the food. Afterwards, the date went to flirting and cuddling in the seat section. But that was all the magic of Maxis. Now in TS3 we have EA rabbit holes to unburden us from seeing a working environment with real mechanics.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 4:40 AM
the only thing I love about TS1 is makin' magic, better looking sims, better looking furnitures, and better BGM, but all in all, the gameplay was too simple

the best Marilyn Monroe sim from every sims game ever created was by brandon at TSR, it's free + he created lots of clothing for her(the best marilyn is the one that came with the clothing he first uploaded)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 5:00 AM
I've tried going back a few times just like I've tried going back to N64 games and playstation but I can't because of the horrible graphic quality.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 7:57 AM
I actually like Sims 1 2D graphics. Well, the sims and the grass could have been better, but the furniture and stuff looks crisp and nice. I also notice badly custom meshed objects are easier to spot in 3D than 2D, I guess it blends in a bit more for 2D. And maybe its just me, but for some reason 2D pixelated foods look yummy xD
Mad Poster
#23 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 10:27 AM
I bought the complete collection too a few months back. I never actually owned it because we didn't have a computer capable of running it, but I used to play it a LOT at my friend's house.

The first thing that struck me was how hard it is to maintain your sims needs! It seems that's all I spend my time doing. It's so difficult to get anything done. I've been spoilt by TS2 and TS3. It definitely made me feel nostalgic.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 10:38 AM
The furniture looks better in TS1, I agree! Because like you say, custom objects in TS2/TS3 are harder to get to blend in. I'm finding it annoying though that I cant place more than 1 item on the benches and also getting used to 1 tile = extremely bad.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 10:42 AM
i do still play the sims 1.

but speaking of which.. did they take down the original sims website? every time i try to go, it redirects me to thesims2.com or thesims3.com.

strange..
Page 1 of 8