Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 5:36 AM
Default help
What is going on with my game? Since the latest update, it crashes after the start screen when I have mods enabled!
Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD9Zha2an7U
What is causing this? Can someone help me?!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 6:01 AM
You have just answered your own question - remove your mods, one of your outdated mods is causing it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
You have just answered your own question - remove your mods, one of your outdated mods is causing it.

Which one?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 6:03 AM
No one can answer that for you because no one knows what's in your Mods folder. Remove your Mods folder and do the 50/50 method of adding them back slowly until you figure out which one it is. Once you know, remove it and wait for an update.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
No one can answer that for you because no one knows what's in your Mods folder. Remove your Mods folder and do the 50/50 method of adding them back slowly until you figure out which one it is. Once you know, remove it and wait for an update.

Okay! I know I do have some custom food enabler as one of my mods, so since Cottage Living is out, do you think it might have messed with it?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 10:51 AM
When it comes to mods and some CC, anything can mess with anything.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
When it comes to mods and some CC, anything can mess with anything.

Okay. But how can I tell which one of my CC is screwing up my game?!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 9:48 PM
Clawort, I've already told you. No one can tell you which mod is messing up your game. Several issues like loading issues or UI issues can be caused by any number of mods. We don't know what's in your folder or how many similar mods you have that could all be potentially causing issues if you haven't updated them.

As I said before, you need to take your Mods folder out of your TS4 folder and let the game regenerate a new one. Then slowly add them back until you find the culprit. And in the future, perhaps not let your game update so quickly until you're 100% sure the mods you use have been updated.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clawort

Game Help:TS4 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki
Theorist
#10 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clawort

Someone already gave you advice to do the 50/50 method to find the offending mod(s), but you might not know what that is, so let me help you.

The "50/50 Mothod" is a common diagnostic tool used by us layfolk to quickly determine what if anything is causing a problem.

Here is a helpful diagram explaining how to perform it. It LOOKS complicated, but it is actually very simple once you get the hang of it.

Note: Where it says "downloads folder" it means "mods folder" This diagram was made for Earlier versions of the game
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:09 AM
^^The TS4 version of that diagram is in the Wiki link I gave above.
Theorist
#12 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
^^The TS4 version of that diagram is in the Wiki link I gave above.

My apologies, I started my reply before yours went through so I never saw your link
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 10:19 AM
No need to apologise- your image is helpful! I was just pointing it out in case OP wanted more info. I am usually the one being ninja'd, not the ninja!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Game Help:TS4 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki

Okay then!