Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:32 PM
I find it useful to be able to place rabbitholes in CAW without needing to place a lot so I enabled a few of them in the Metadata that weren't already unlocked by other members here (at least not that I could find).

The list is as follows:

Base-Game

-Business rabbithole
-Diner
-Hospital
-Theatre
-Police Station
-Stadium

Late Night
-Movie Studio

They're single packages but I put them all in one archive because I couldn't figure out the mutiple archive thing on this site

If and when I unlock more, I'll add them to this post
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Unlocked Rabbitholes (ForCAW).rar (2.6 KB, 402 downloads) - View custom content

Come Check out New York City!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 12:02 AM
Thanks Daniel, I've added a link in the first post! You know you can always make your own thread for your downloads, if you like!
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thanks Daniel, I've added a link in the first post! You know you can always make your own thread for your downloads, if you like!

Oh, okay I wasn't sure how well that would've been received. Do you know if it's okay to place the ambitions miner off-lot? or does it need the lot to generate the minerals/mine holes? I haven't found it yet but I'd really like it to make construction sites.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#154 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 6:55 PM
It's fine to make a new thread, I'm glad for you to have them here otherwise, though! There's a sticky post at the top of the forum telling you what to do:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=463095

For the miner, I should think it would work but the only real way to know is to test it. Are you feeling brave?
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 8:07 PM

For the miner, I should think it would work but the only real way to know is to test it. Are you feeling brave?

Not really but I'll give it a shot , maybe in a blank SV or some other world I don't care about...might as well try the food truck space while I'm at it.

Field Researcher
#156 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 8:27 PM
I tried placing a miner off lot, but last I checked, sims think the way to it is blocked, for some reason. Maybe you have better luck. If you have, please report your findings
Smeg Head
#157 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 5:10 AM
Since Showtime and the 1.32 patch, has anyone else noticed the food trucks not stopping at their parking spaces? I use the Nrass Traffic mod - correct 1.32 version - and the simsample truck and parking space to get them showing up and working in Sunset Valley. The food trucks are still driving all over town, but very rarely do they stop. More often than not they just vanish into thin air when nearing the parking slots. Have not tried out Bridgeport yet, to see if all is well there.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#158 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 11:23 AM
I added some Showtime shells and the proprietor placement that I needed when updating a world for Showtime, please see post #3.
Inventor
#159 Old 26th May 2012 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Since Showtime and the 1.32 patch, has anyone else noticed the food trucks not stopping at their parking spaces? I use the Nrass Traffic mod - correct 1.32 version - and the simsample truck and parking space to get them showing up and working in Sunset Valley. The food trucks are still driving all over town, but very rarely do they stop. More often than not they just vanish into thin air when nearing the parking slots. Have not tried out Bridgeport yet, to see if all is well there.

I have noticed that too. Is there a solution by now?

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
I have noticed that too. Is there a solution by now?

They are working just fine in my games, using both traffic mod and in cities. So I suspect you have something that is changing an XML, or otherwise interfering. The trucks stop for long enough for my sims to use them, just as before.
Retired
retired moderator
#161 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:52 AM
Hmmm. I just noticed Daniel's rabbit hole packages. Given all I've seen while browsing the game files, I would be extremely cautious to place a rabbit hole down outside of a lot. During opportunities it looks to me like sims are drawn to lots, not rabbit holes. I could be wrong, but it could cause some seriously issues for the game to have any rabbit hole that generates opportunities - especially opportunities that call NPCs - outside of lots. Just a warning. I'm not sure how correct I am, but it's something I'd not do out of sheer caution. I know they *seem* function well enough, I've tested them off lots before, but... ...I'm not convinced they function properly in all regards.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#162 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:39 PM
So far I've not heard of any reported problems (as long as the rabbitholes are accessible), but I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences. Which opportunities are you referring to? The only ones I can think of that wil call NPCs are the ones for chess tournaments and suchlike, which are not rabbithole based. If you mean opportunities that non-playables will be drawn to when using a story progression replacement, then they should work just fine, as they are based on the rabbithole itself (for example, go to city hall to get a fish out of the plumbing).
Forum Resident
#163 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 9:44 AM
Perhaps some of you will find this useful. I created a Permanent Sultan's Tabernacle, which is buyable and available in CAW and the World Editor: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...ic=1069.msg7514

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#164 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 9:16 PM
Very useful, nonamena! Do sims sleep in it okay if it's placed off-lot? Would be great for making exotic campsites!
Forum Resident
#165 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 7:02 AM
I put it somewhere off lot and the sim enjoyed the tent just fine. But if anyone notices a problem with that it'd be great if they could report it.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Instructor
#166 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 4:13 PM
Oh, hah! I've already wondered what the funny little "P" thingy was, and why I couldn't place one of those.

Thank you once again simsample, you're my hero! Seriously, I've learned so much thanks to your tutorials and help. Glad to have you around :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 9:17 PM
Aww, thank you Rockerduck! I learn a lot from all of the people on here too, so it goes both ways.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 1:29 PM
I've noticed the subway rabbitholes don't function properly if you have a mix of them both on and off lots. Sims will enter and then quickly exit without having traveled anywhere.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#169 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:44 PM
Thanks for the info, Daniel. But they work fine if all off-lot?
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:16 AM
Thanks for the info, Daniel. But they work fine if all off-lot?

I haven't tested but I was thinking that they use the proximity of whatever lot they're on to determine the best egress point for whatever destination. if that's the case, they probably won't work off-lot. Does anyone else have off-lot subways?

That is though, the only one I've had any trouble with. And I have a lot of liberated rabbitholes

Test Subject
#171 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 3:18 AM
Can you make the hollywood sign from showtime to show up in caw?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#172 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 1:56 PM
Yes, I may do in future- although you could also do this yourself:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

And this item will already be available to you in SuperCAW:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468279
Scholar
#173 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 10:43 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 26th Aug 2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: idiocy
I've just pulled my hair out trying to find the picnic blanket in CAW, I wanted to place it by my river. Now I see it won't show as it isn't for CAW, lol. I'll just need to make them take their own picnic with them.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#174 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 1:04 PM
I've never tested that in-world, fluttereyes- but I suspect it may have some side effects (like the benches we were discussing). I can forsee townies congregating around a single picnic blanket instead of heading to the nearest diner! But it would be worth a test as riverside picnics sound nice. Why don't you try it out- they are there in SuperCAW as 'public picnic spot', or just mod my downloaded OBJD.
Instructor
#175 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 11:26 PM
Very useful, nonamena! Do sims sleep in it okay if it's placed off-lot? Would be great for making exotic campsites!

As a CAW object, it might be interesting to do a mesh replacement. Namely replace the tabernacle with a hotel.

Quote: Originally posted by Daniel
I haven't tested but I was thinking that they use the proximity of whatever lot they're on to determine the best egress point for whatever destination. if that's the case, they probably won't work off-lot. Does anyone else have off-lot subways?

One immediate problem comes to mind. Subways take their name from the lot. So if your subway is located on a lot named, for example, 41st Street Station, the name of that subway will be the 41st Street Station. When you select a destination from the subway, the list of names refers to the lot where the subways station is located.

Now I would love to find an alternative to placing subway stations on lots. In my world, I probably have over 20 subway stations. Since it's largely an urban world, I want my sims to be able to move rapidly from one part of town to another. Being able to eliminate 20 lots which serve no purpose other than to contain a subway station would be a major benefit, given my phobia about lots.
Page 7 of 11