Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 23
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#451 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
10/07/2020 Update

-As complained by some of you, I moved the annoying cheats (Add Traits In Regular Menu) into "Actions" menu so that they won't appear in a new menu anymore.
-You can now also click on any self-sim and use the "Change Personality Traits..."
-As complained by many of you guys, I upload another files of PLUS 5 pet traits.
-The reason I hasn't been upload it is because I have been finding a way to fix the random human traits for pets issue. To me, disallowing all pets from getting more traits again seems like a huge step back. I found that you can add a "Species Restrictions" in Game traits and CC traits to disallow them for pets. It might take a while for many amazing CC traits Modders to add this restriction so I don't know if it helps much. Also please tell me if random human traits for pets still happens with this file. I only tested it for a while.

You might now use MCCC to blacklist those CC traits for pets first. Please tell me if it's still too annoying for gameplay and I will upload my previous unedited versions without more traits for pets.

I would be happy if only sims would get more traits and pets wouldn't. I used More Traits Mod version 7 and I liked it.
Test Subject
#452 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 1:33 AM Last edited by OrionSaiph : 12th Jul 2020 at 3:44 AM.
I would love to be able to use this, but it's not working with my game. I made sure I only chose one option and when it didn't appear in the "actions" menu I removed all other mods and tried to use it again to no avail. I've tested this with options 10, 9, and 8 so far. Edited to add: I've run all the troubleshooting steps three times in the past few hours and it's still not working. I don't know if there's something else I'm missing, but no matter what I do the options will not show up under the actions menu.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#453 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 12:29 PM Last edited by chingyu1023 : 12th Jul 2020 at 12:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by OrionSaiph
I would love to be able to use this, but it's not working with my game. I made sure I only chose one option and when it didn't appear in the "actions" menu I removed all other mods and tried to use it again to no avail. I've tested this with options 10, 9, and 8 so far. Edited to add: I've run all the troubleshooting steps three times in the past few hours and it's still not working. I don't know if there's something else I'm missing, but no matter what I do the options will not show up under the actions menu.

Do you have the old version of "Add Traits In Regular Menu" in your Mod folder?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#454 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 8:04 PM
Thank you very much for the update, great done!

Best regards from Austria and pls. stay safe!

Eve
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#455 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 2:52 PM
I would also like to say thanks for keeping this going and you do a great job.
Test Subject
#456 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 5:27 PM
Would it be possible to make a version where there's 10 traits per YA/Adult/Elder? Or otherwise is there a way for me to alter it myself for my own personal needs?

Thank you for updating the old mod and expanding upon it! It's really useful and I don't know what I'd do without it.
Test Subject
#457 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 4:44 AM
Im glad this one exists. I wanted to download more traits for my sims but since there was only three i thought it was pointless.
I do have some issues with when I use the actions button to give my sims the extra traits, random rewards traits are added for some reason and when I remove them, they come back when I go to manage worlds. Is there a fix for this or am I going to have to wait for the next update for the fix?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#458 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 8:10 PM
This is a great addition to the game. Is this compatible with the latest Patch? Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#459 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 8:10 PM
This is a great addition to the game. Is this compatible with the latest Patch? Thank you!
Test Subject
#460 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 5:23 PM
Since the game patch, the menu option isn't showing up on sims. I made sure to redownload the latest versions but it's still not giving the menu option I'm used to seeing.
Instructor
#461 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 6:44 PM
@Linriel

Hello from Austria

I have this mod installed and it works with the last game patch. You have to look under "Actions menu" - there it is.

Best regards

Eve
Test Subject
#462 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 10:45 PM Last edited by luxiferxx : 27th Jul 2020 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Wanted to clarify what I'd done before posting this
I was going to find a Discord so that I didn't have to post this here but I couldn't find one. I can't seem to get this mod to work no matter what I do. I got rid of MC Command Center to see if I could get it to work that way but that didn't work either. I don't want to get rid of Slice of Life so if it conflicts with that or anything else that adds traits like the Zodiac sign one then I guess I just can't use this mod ... I just wanted to use it because the Add Trait on MC Command Center wouldn't add some of my custom traits like Gender Dysphoria.

I added the one package file I needed and checked the action on the regular menu at least 5 times. I had 5 attempts and none of them worked
Test Subject
#463 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 10:45 AM
Hi, I have the same problem as luciferxx (above post). This mod doesn't work for me, I don't see an ''Options'' function when I click on my sim.
Could it be that some files, from the mod you choose to put inside the modfolder, don't work?
I tried it with Option 7 from the .package files.

Does anyone know what might be the problem and how to solve this?
Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#464 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 2:09 AM
Thanks @ladyeve !!!

I hadn't considered that the location of the menu had moved to the Actions submenu, thank you for the heads up!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#465 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:09 AM
I'm only seeing new traits under pets, none under sims. And I don't see anything under Script Mods when I get on. Am I missing something?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#466 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:16 AM
Oh nevermind to my previous question! I got it now and it's really cool. Make sure to look in Actions Menu
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#467 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 8:13 PM
Hello everyone! I opened a Discord and you can ask questions about installing the mod and give suggestions there! Love you guys! Stay safe!
https://discord.gg/MZ7Ep9b
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#468 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxiferxx
I was going to find a Discord so that I didn't have to post this here but I couldn't find one. I can't seem to get this mod to work no matter what I do. I got rid of MC Command Center to see if I could get it to work that way but that didn't work either. I don't want to get rid of Slice of Life so if it conflicts with that or anything else that adds traits like the Zodiac sign one then I guess I just can't use this mod ... I just wanted to use it because the Add Trait on MC Command Center wouldn't add some of my custom traits like Gender Dysphoria.

I added the one package file I needed and checked the action on the regular menu at least 5 times. I had 5 attempts and none of them worked

I opened a Discord now. Thanks for the suggest. This does not conflict with SOL or MCCC or Zodiac signs because I use them in my game as well. I tested with my not yet posted CC traits and they work too. Could you explain more about your cc traits in the Discord?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#469 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 3:33 PM
I realized I installed it incorrectly, lol. ^ >.< I am so grateful for this mod.
Test Subject
#470 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 10:24 PM
hiiiiiii, does anyone know if the mods are working with the new September update/patch 1.66.139.1020 ?
Instructor
#471 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 2:27 PM
Hello @Islandempress

For me it's working
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#472 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 5:54 PM Last edited by chingyu1023 : 10th Sep 2020 at 8:35 AM.
Hi! This Mod is still compatible with September' 3, 2020 Patch 1.66.139.1020.
However, I have an update with more features on my Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-more-cas-41343966
You can get any future mod updates on my Patreon Page for free. I also post my new mods on there.
Best,
Vicky
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#473 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 8:34 AM
Need any help?
Join my Discord for mod installation help: https://discord.gg/MZ7Ep9b
Follow me on Twitter for mod news: https://twitter.com/chingyu1023vick
Follow me on Tumblr for mod news: https://chingyu1023vick.tumblr.com/
Download Every Mods I made on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/chingyu1023
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#474 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 10:31 PM
I love this mod because sometimes the AddTrait cheat doesn't work. I have one little complaint though....the drop down menu is missing the trait "Ambitious"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#475 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gurl_gamer123
I love this mod because sometimes the AddTrait cheat doesn't work. I have one little complaint though....the drop down menu is missing the trait "Ambitious"

It's most likely your Sim has Lazy Trait or another conflicted trait. A trait won't show up if your Sim has any conflicted trait :p
Page 19 of 23