Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 21 of 23
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#501 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 3:43 AM
Both the Add Traits In Regular Menu and Disallow Game Human Traits For Pet have been updated on my Patreon page (Free):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-more-cas-41343966

You all can also download my new "Categorized Traits Picker" which will not show hidden traits when adding traits.
The new mod is free on my Patreon page:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-categorized-45140632
Test Subject
#502 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Both the Add Traits In Regular Menu and Disallow Game Human Traits For Pet have been updated on my Patreon page (Free):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-more-cas-41343966

You all can also download my new "Categorized Traits Picker" which will not show hidden traits when adding traits.
The new mod is free on my Patreon page:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-categorized-45140632

Hey, I firstly wanted to say I love your mods thank you for making them!

However, I just downloaded your updated trait mods and they're all giving me last exception errors. Here's the link I downloaded from: https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-more-cas-41343966

I know for sure it's this because as soon as I delete it, I don't get the error messages anymore. I think it's the one for 'not assigning human traits for pets'
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#503 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simi97
Hey, I firstly wanted to say I love your mods thank you for making them!

However, I just downloaded your updated trait mods and they're all giving me last exception errors. Here's the link I downloaded from: https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-more-cas-41343966

I know for sure it's this because as soon as I delete it, I don't get the error messages anymore. I think it's the one for 'not assigning human traits for pets'

I was finding the reason for this issue and I found that it's because not everyone owns all the packs! I now separated the traits so people can delete any traits they don't have. Thank you for telling me and helped me to solve this issue!
Test Subject
#504 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 4:14 PM
I now separated the traits so people can delete any traits they don't have. Thank you for telling me and helped me to solve this issue!

Hello, I am updating my game for the first time in two years including this mod. I only own the base game and no EP or SP. When you say you separated the traits, what do you mean? I can only see the options come as single package files, but there is nowhere I can see that has individual traits. Or perhaps did you mean that this should be done in game, once the mod is installed?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#505 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vaska
Hello, I am updating my game for the first time in two years including this mod. I only own the base game and no EP or SP. When you say you separated the traits, what do you mean? I can only see the options come as single package files, but there is nowhere I can see that has individual traits. Or perhaps did you mean that this should be done in game, once the mod is installed?

I'm referring to the "Disallow Human Traits For Pets" on my Patreon page. ???? You should remove the traits you don't have in that mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#506 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 11:37 AM
I'm referring to the "Disallow Human Traits For Pets" on my Patreon page. ???? You should remove the traits you don't have in that mod.

Ah, thank you!
Test Subject
#507 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 12:26 AM
No matter what I do, the mod will not show up in my game. I tried removing every other mod except yours, I deleted the localthumb.cache file before I did that. I tried it with cheats enabled just in case. The mod used to work, but just does not anymore. I am very sad, it was one of my favorites. I regular click or shift click on a sim, and the pie menu just does not show up to add more traits from your mod. Script and package file mods are both enabled in my game. I am not sure why it stopped working, but I am very sad it did. My sims are way less fun with only 3 traits.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#508 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 9:47 PM
Thank you for the mod. I was going through my mods to find out what mods added Traits. I noticed "Disallow Human Traits For Pets" Non-Committal is added to teens instead of being just for adults.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#509 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dv8
Thank you for the mod. I was going through my mods to find out what mods added Traits. I noticed "Disallow Human Traits For Pets" Non-Committal is added to teens instead of being just for adults.

Yes I enabled all the traits for all ages now. :P
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#510 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 3:30 AM
Amazing ty so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#511 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 9:13 AM
How strange! Left handed and right handed no longer show up as an option to select.
Test Subject
#512 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 2:03 AM
So I need to update with the new content the previous mod I got from you (very happy with it, thanks for the great work) was chingyu1023_More Traits Mod version 1.package. Any chance you can tell me what I should replace it with please?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#513 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Senko
So I need to update with the new content the previous mod I got from you (very happy with it, thanks for the great work) was chingyu1023_More Traits Mod version 1.package. Any chance you can tell me what I should replace it with please?

Download the zip of chingyu1023_More Traits Mod Options and extract it. Then put chingyu1023_More Traits Mod Option 1 in your Mod folder. It has the same effect but updated for the latest patches.
Instructor
#514 Old 15th May 2021 at 10:47 PM
Hi! I have a question for you. I'm going through my mods and I have a chingyu1023_Add Traits In Regular Menu mod but I'm not sure if it's updated and I don't remember which of your sites I downloaded it from. I think I used it so that when I clicked on a sim I could add more traits easily...but this seems not to work as I can't find the tab that says add traits when I click on the sim. Help please? Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#515 Old 16th May 2021 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rena2sweet4u
Hi! I have a question for you. I'm going through my mods and I have a chingyu1023_Add Traits In Regular Menu mod but I'm not sure if it's updated and I don't remember which of your sites I downloaded it from. I think I used it so that when I clicked on a sim I could add more traits easily...but this seems not to work as I can't find the tab that says add traits when I click on the sim. Help please? Thanks!

That was the old version. It's now simply called Add Traits Menu (downloadable on here MTS or on my Patreon Page) and the cheats are now moved to the "Action" menu.
Lab Assistant
#516 Old 30th May 2021 at 3:11 PM
Which option has the highest number of CAS traits for humans and animals?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#517 Old 30th May 2021 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexWolf
Which option has the highest number of CAS traits for humans and animals?

chingyu_MoreTraitsMod_Option_10_PLUS_FIVE_PET_TRAITS
It's 25 human traits + 5 for pets. But I would not recommend it unless you have a high-end gaming PC.
If you have a decent PC, I would recommend going for option 22 or 23 when you want a high number of traits.
If you have a good PC, I would recommend going for option 18 or 19.
Field Researcher
#518 Old 31st May 2021 at 9:51 AM
One of your other mods said not to use the disallow human traits for pets part if I used it, I think it was the reward traits mod....do I not need that one or? When I try to add traits through the cheat menu it lists all of them and I have so much trouble finding pet traits. Does it fix that or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#519 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
One of your other mods said not to use the disallow human traits for pets part if I used it, I think it was the reward traits mod....do I not need that one or? When I try to add traits through the cheat menu it lists all of them and I have so much trouble finding pet traits. Does it fix that or am I barking up the wrong tree?

You need to remove DisallowHumanTraitsForPets if you use EATraits_AsReward. The newest version of Add Traits Menu listed the pet traits above all other traits (with the game in English).
Lab Assistant
#520 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoveSimsMods
No matter what I do, the mod will not show up in my game. I tried removing every other mod except yours, I deleted the localthumb.cache file before I did that. I tried it with cheats enabled just in case. The mod used to work, but just does not anymore. I am very sad, it was one of my favorites. I regular click or shift click on a sim, and the pie menu just does not show up to add more traits from your mod. Script and package file mods are both enabled in my game. I am not sure why it stopped working, but I am very sad it did. My sims are way less fun with only 3 traits.

I actually have the same problem. No matter what I do, the menue doesn't show up. Script Mods are enabled , not conflicting mods but all to no avail.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#521 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Swjosdotschka
I actually have the same problem. No matter what I do, the menue doesn't show up. Script Mods are enabled , not conflicting mods but all to no avail.

Did you put the Package + Script together only ONE folder deep or directly in your Mod Folder?
Test Subject
#522 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 9:46 PM
Hello , i have exactly the same problem despite my script more are enabled without any conflict ( it's my only one mod for now ) and i tryed everything putting them in a folder deep or directly in my mod folder .
I am totally devoid of solutions
Test Subject
#523 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:00 AM
Hi, just wanted to report that this mod has broken with the new update. It's possible to play, but the menu options are extremely messed up, to the point of unreadability. image for reference
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#524 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mousestar369
Hi, just wanted to report that this mod has broken with the new update. It's possible to play, but the menu options are extremely messed up, to the point of unreadability. image for reference

My mod does not change the UI. This is because of any non-updated UI mods.
Test Subject
#525 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 6:24 AM
The mod doesn't work. It's a pity...
Page 21 of 23