Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 11:57 PM
Default Roundabouts in CAW
Hello! I have decided to tackle creating my first world and I am highly inspired by a lot of suburban neighbourhoods in my country. A lot of these areas feature roundabouts. I have tried to search for a tutorial on how to create roundabouts in CAW but I haven't been able to find anything.
So my question is literally: is it possible?
If so, is there an available tutorial for it? Or perhaps if you can please describe how to make a nice looking and functional roundabout, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! :P
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 4:50 PM
I do not think it is possible in any realistic way, and closest is just do a circle with 4 intersections. .
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 6:35 PM
I agree with daisylee, there is no way to make a one way street in Sims 3 so the best you could do is something that looks like a roundabout, with no guarantees that they will go around it in the correct direction.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 9:58 PM
Ah darn. Yeah I've been reading and watching road tutorials for CAW and it seems like the road systems are very basic and simple so I had a feeling that it wouldn't be too possible. Thanks for the responses! I'll have a look at creating even a circle with 4 intersections and hope its not too ugly!
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 6:19 AM
This is pretty much the closest thing you can get to a roundabout, visually. Sims just drive around it in whichever direction is closer for them to route, but sometimes it does appear they are using it properly, when it so happens that they use it in their own way that looks like it would be the proper way :P[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots