Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 2:46 PM
Default Buy object turns sim red
There seems to be an issue with an object I made and shared. Sim loses texture and turns red.

Delphy's dashboard doesn't show any issues or conflicts with my set.
I don't have a lot info, cause this isn't mine picture and it doesn't happen on my computer. I'm not even sure which object exactly is a problem.
So I'm just curious if anybody else encountered this kind of error or has any info what I could do.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muholovka
There seems to be an issue with an object I made and shared. Sim loses texture and turns red.

I don't have a lot info, cause this isn't mine picture and it doesn't happen on my computer. I'm not even sure which object exactly is a problem.
So I'm just curious if anybody else encountered this kind of error or has any info what I could do.

Hello @muholovka
I have never came across an issue like this before, so I would have to start with questions:-
Are you the creator of the Skin Tone "Manga Snow Ice"?
Has the downloader tried using Delphy's Dashboard?

The downloader will need to advise you: -
In CAS, as soon as type of Sim was selected, did that Sim turn red immediately (without any editing of skin tone, hair, make-up etc)?
Did it happen as soon as this custom content Skin Tone was selected?
If so, I would recommend removing this Skin Tone, and going back into CAS again and see if it has resolved the issue.

Looking at the pic, it shows a selection of colors to choose from within the box but also there are two custom content colors outside the box that you can see - this could be the issue.
I would advise the downloader to try removing all custom content Skin Tones, going back into CAS and see if that resolves the issue.
If it does, ask the downloader to try adding any Skin Tones back - one by one - starting with Manga Snow Ice to hopefully eliminate that.
If it didn't, then it is some other custom content and the downloader will need to try and remember the last time creating a Sim and there was no issue, remove all custom content from that date, add back custom content (one by one) and check CAS until the object is found.
Hope this helps?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @muholovka
I have never came across an issue like this before, so I would have to start with questions:-
Are you the creator of the Skin Tone "Manga Snow Ice"?
Has the downloader tried using Delphy's Dashboard?

The downloader will need to advise you: -
In CAS, as soon as type of Sim was selected, did that Sim turn red immediately (without any editing of skin tone, hair, make-up etc)?
Did it happen as soon as this custom content Skin Tone was selected?
If so, I would recommend removing this Skin Tone, and going back into CAS again and see if it has resolved the issue.

Looking at the pic, it shows a selection of colors to choose from within the box but also there are two custom content colors outside the box that you can see - this could be the issue.
I would advise the downloader to try removing all custom content Skin Tones, going back into CAS and see if that resolves the issue.
If it does, ask the downloader to try adding any Skin Tones back - one by one - starting with Manga Snow Ice to hopefully eliminate that.
If it didn't, then it is some other custom content and the downloader will need to try and remember the last time creating a Sim and there was no issue, remove all custom content from that date, add back custom content (one by one) and check CAS until the object is found.
Hope this helps?

Thank you.

They deleted my objects from the game and that solved their problem. Honestly, as it is my fault, I don't want to inconvenience them any more.

So wanted to know if anyone have any solution from previous experience. I'm mostly focused on how to fix the object, not a glitch. That's been solved by removing faulty cc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 7:22 AM
This is set in question, btw, if anybody needs to solve the same issue and finds this post.
Inventor
#5 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 3:00 PM
This is set in question, btw, if anybody needs to solve the same issue and finds this post.

Hello @muholovka
I downloaded and installed this set on my PC (one by one) and had no display issues and could redesign all objects.

After installing each item, I went into CAS and there was no issue with the Sim for editing - I tried playing around with skin tones and changing the age; all displayed fine.

I don't believe there is an issue with this set; also the items were uploaded in February of this year - in the first week or two, if there was an issue, trust me they would have been in touch with you.
Should anyone else advise you they are also having a problem, ask them to list the custom content they have installed, expansion/stuff packs playing with, and the Sims3 update version - could they be playing with 1.67?
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 2:28 AM
They downloaded it few days ago and getting it out of the game solved their problem. I found one post on reddit with same issue that is four months old, but they never managed to solve it.

I am also on 1.67.

Only thing that comes to mind is that those shelves have too many slots. There is a lot, close to 500 + matching bones. I started adding them and didn't stop.
I didn't find anything about slot limit for sims 3 or anything, though. It is little ridiculous if too many slots (maybe bones) glitch in cas, but I don't think I'll be adding that many anymore.
Inventor
#7 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 7:35 AM
They downloaded it few days ago and getting it out of the game solved their problem. I found one post on reddit with same issue that is four months old, but they never managed to solve it.

I am also on 1.67.

Only thing that comes to mind is that those shelves have too many slots. There is a lot, close to 500 + matching bones. I started adding them and didn't stop.
I didn't find anything about slot limit for sims 3 or anything, though. It is little ridiculous if too many slots (maybe bones) glitch in cas, but I don't think I'll be adding that many anymore.

Hello muholovka
I can confirm your custom content does work with the 1.69 version too.
I found a similar display issue but with Sims4 Attention To All Those Suffering From Red/White Sims , the solution is to generate a new Resource.cfg file in your Mods folder by removing it and firing up your game.
I hope this helps?
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 1:23 PM
For what it is worth, I also tried out your set of objects with that exact skin shown in the original image and I could not reproduce the issue either.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#9 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 11:47 AM
I know this thread is pretty old right now, but I think there are some questions worth asking these people:

- How do they merge their CC? It could happen that the game is simply not reading all the textures that are higher than a certain image size (or not at all) when they literally merge *everything* and you end up with a package file that's over, dunno, 20GB Sims 3 is not exactly made to read one package file that's *that* big. And therefore could simply accidentally skip stuff

- Do they playing on mac? The 64 bit version of the game has been reported with having some red flashing/red texture issues (Including some that just stay, rather than it being there for a second) not sure if this could be related to that :p

Otherwise, I think it's safe to say, given the fact that other members here have tried it themselves too, that it must be some other CC piece causing the problem and corrupting stuff in the game. Personally I've only had this issue because I accidentally loaded the game when I didn't close one of the packages in S3PE :p
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 12:17 PM
Default Solution

Hi Muholovka! Were you downloading any mods or objects while using CAS or having The Sims 3 working in background? If yes, then you should exit the game, and open it again. Sorry, that's the only solution that I can think of. Maybe you downloaded a virus with some object? This kind of problem can also happen when you download clothes or objects based on expansion packs that you don't have.