Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Numenorean Hibernation Cell (Aspiration reward OR Buyable) - *UPD 08 NOV 2006*

by Numenor Posted 31st Oct 2005 at 12:03 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:14 PM by -Maylin-

475 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 458 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 20
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#326 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheersfan1993
Unfortunately, there's sorta a glitch with the Hibernation cell (at least on my Mac). Whenever the door closes when a Sim is inside, the door closes at the end of the cell and vertically, not over the Sim as it is supposed to. I don't know if this is a Mac thing or just my game.

I've never had such a glitch (I can't test my objects on a Mac, sorry...)

Anybody else have experienced the same animation problem?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#327 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Nope. It would require a global hack, because the code that makes the vampire wake up at 7:00 is not included in the hibernator.

Actually, it *IS* possible to force them to stay in. What you need to do is make it so that the interaction cannot terminate except if a specific object attribute is set. That way the interaction cannot be terminated by standard methods, and you'll need to include an "unlock" instant-command that will set the release attribute.

Also, for those of us who don't run in no-censor mode all the time, the censor blur of your naked sim will poke through even after the lid has been closed. What you want to do is unset the censor bits once the lid has been closed at the end of "Get In" (and remember that you did this), and assuming you did, re-set them at the beginning of of "Get Out" (it's important to remember whether or not you set/unset the bits for with/without compatibility).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#328 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 1:59 PM
Fab idea and it looks so cool! thank you
Test Subject
#329 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 1:01 AM
Very cool and great idea!

Sims 2 rocks!
Test Subject
#330 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 6:54 PM
I would like to thank Numenor for a great object and for giving me a project to work on when I was bored. I made a Cryogenic Freezer with it's own discription and 4 different colours(Silver, Blue Silver, Frosty, Red Silver). I have changed the interaction so that it says 'freeze for...' and the motive regeneration has been changed but not noticeably. I haven't uploaded it on any sites and would like Numenor's permission to upload it on MTS2. This is like a recolour project but theres a little more to it. It is my first project that I have really loved making because I put alot of care into the textures.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#331 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 11:23 PM
You don't need my permission
I'll be very glad to see (and download) your Freezer here at MTS2

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#332 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 8:36 PM
That's great! I just thought I'd ask for your permission before I post them incase you were against stuff like that...
I can't post them right now because the files aren't on this PC but the Freezing Cell will be available soon...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#333 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 11:52 PM
Wait, you mean that you have cloned my hibernator? I thought you were asking only because your freezer is similar (in its functions) to my hibernator: that's why I told you that you didn't need my permission. But if you have cloned the hibernator, then I'm sorry, but my answer is no: you can't post it (and you shouldn't have cloned it at all)...

Please confirm the exact nature of your freezer.

Test Subject
#334 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 5:51 PM
It's your hibernator but it has a different description, name and has different colours.
The interaction's are the same but on the pie menu it just says 'Freeze for..' instead of 'Hibernate for...'.
and by accident I have posted this BUT have plastered a huge warning across it saying not to download it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRRYYY
Test Subject
#335 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 5:55 PM
I just found the 'delete' button so everyone can say byebye to the Cryo-Freezer...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#336 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 11:54 PM
Thank you Burn The Witch, and excuse me for the initial misunderstanding: I could have spared you this post-and-delete job...

Lab Assistant
#337 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 5:13 PM
ok, FINALLY, it works!!!!!!!!!

it's great, but my sim kinda walks around naked after he gets out.... he gets some funny looks from his wife and kids, and neighbors, and every1 else... but it's brilliant in every other way

(!),,,(!)
( o/\o )
\ | | /
(o\/o)
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#338 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hannah P
it's great, but my sim kinda walks around naked after he gets out.... he gets some funny looks from his wife and kids, and neighbors, and every1 else... but it's brilliant in every other way
He must be very outgoing. Outgoing sims don;t mind being nude.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#339 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:33 PM
The outgoing sims, too, get dressed automatically as soon as the go idle; if you queue many commands to the "Hibernate" one, the sim will perform the requested actions naked; and then they get dressed.

Field Researcher
#340 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 10:08 PM
Could you possibly check-out Posts 15 & 16 on the following thread and let me know whether it would be possible to modify this object to enable what is being asked for? This would be amazingly useful for many people if you could, I think. (Won't bother explaining in great detail here, because it's all there in the thread). My original mention of what's being referred to is in Post 10, but basically I was asking for something that would put 'in limbo' Sims who had been to community lots until the time they should be returning - e.g., if they left at 9 am and were gone 8 hours, they shouldn't return until 5pm, not 9 am! I know a lot of people have been asking for something like this and although Maxis did ask whether people would like this option (for OFB, I thought), it hasn't materialised so far.

It would need slight variations in that their stats would need to stay the same (so they were the same as when they left the community lot) and also it would probably be best if they didn't have any reactions to anything, as technically they're not supposed to be there.

I think you'd be very popular if you could manage something like this. What I hate most about sending Sims to business lots, especially when I send couples or whatever, is that when they get back I've still got to play the entire day. Even better would be if somehow a pop-up came up just before 3pm to say "Your Sims are still at their business - do you want to hire a nanny until they return?" but I suppose that's expecting too much!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Field Researcher
#341 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 9:09 PM
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#342 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 11:39 PM
I tried to turn the Hibernator into a bed or a vertical cell, but in both cases I had so many problems that I decided to quit these mods. Sorry.

Test Subject
#343 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 3:43 PM
hi great job ! I was thinking that it would be really cool if you coould make a double one of this !!!
Test Subject
#344 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 3:31 PM
ohh kwl objects thanks xxmwhxx

/\_/\
(^ .^)
( )( )/''''/ Copy n paste Kitty 2 support sims2 pets!!
" "
Lab Assistant
#345 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 10:35 AM
strange? but cool great job!

Elfen Lied
<3
Nyuu!
Lab Assistant
#346 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 2:36 AM
Oh holycrap WOW.

[joydance]

And it's gone, baby, gone.
Field Researcher
#347 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 4:54 AM
wow nifty!

Sometimes I say smart and/or amusing things. Really.
Test Subject
#348 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 2:00 PM
ooo if only there was one that included aging... great way to keep those poor...elders happy.... I hate how Maxis thinks of them as practically helpless *tear* this way they can go nicely :P
Test Subject
#349 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 1:18 AM
Is it safe for OFB?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#350 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 1:21 AM
Yes.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Page 14 of 20