Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Soo Soo Recording Studio (Updated: Jan. 28, 2015)

by twoflower Posted 8th Jan 2007 at 11:33 PM - Updated 30th Jan 2015 at 8:51 PM by twoflower : added an updated version

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 1:44 PM
Whoa this is such a cool upload. I cant wait to download it, will be great in my game!
Test Subject
#27 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Talismana
Actually (and unfortunately), I recently heard that they've closed permanently.

They'll certainly be missed.

How sad
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 9:38 PM
everytime i try to get into the lot my game crashes...
any idea as to why this would happen?

::And I've been looking for my shadow::
::But this place is so bright and so clean::

Salt.In.The.Wound
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 10:30 PM Last edited by twoflower : 12th Jan 2007 at 1:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by pocktcalculator
everytime i try to get into the lot my game crashes...
any idea as to why this would happen?

Do you have Family Fun Stuff? If you don't, then the lot will need to be installed with Clean Installer (link is in this thread and on the home page).

Update:
Quote: Originally posted by Talismana
Actually (and unfortunately), I recently heard that they've closed permanently.

They'll certainly be missed.

I looked high and low today, and finally found an answer on Reflexsims' forum. I read that Aussie Topenders isn't closed permanently. They are just out of bandwidth. So in the meantime, the studio will still work. You can replace the grand piano with a different one or a regular piano. The only other item I used from the music room mesh set was the decorative music stand.

See my blog for my very latest lots, including some that are not available on MTS2: Twoflower's Sims 2 Lots. Also, see what's happening in Apple Grove, my Prosperity Challenge neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 4:00 PM
I have FFS and I installed it with the Clean Installer ...strange. Maybe there is some hack I have that conflicts with the lot?

::And I've been looking for my shadow::
::But this place is so bright and so clean::

Salt.In.The.Wound
Instructor
#31 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Sims&Slayer666 : 12th Jan 2007 at 5:15 PM.
Default Installation Problem
I'm only OFB short of having all EP's so I used your No EP version but it won't install properly because it's corrupted
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 7:00 AM
pocktcalculator & Sims&Slayer666 -- I'm sorry the lot isn't working for you. I went ahead and tested the lots in my game again. I made sure I had no earlier copies of the recording studio in my lot bin of my Pets (all EP's) game. I downloaded the lots and installed them. I started my game up again, and the lots showed up in the lot bin and I was able to place and enter both versions of the lots with no problem. I did the same with the No EP version in the original game, and it worked fine there too. My only idea for you is to try downloading the files again. I do a lot of downloading here on MTS2, and I do get files here and there that are corrupted that I have to re-download. Hopefully, that will fix the problem.

See my blog for my very latest lots, including some that are not available on MTS2: Twoflower's Sims 2 Lots. Also, see what's happening in Apple Grove, my Prosperity Challenge neighborhood.
Instructor
#33 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twoflower
pocktcalculator & Sims&Slayer666 -- I'm sorry the lot isn't working for you. I went ahead and tested the lots in my game again. I made sure I had no earlier copies of the recording studio in my lot bin of my Pets (all EP's) game. I downloaded the lots and installed them. I started my game up again, and the lots showed up in the lot bin and I was able to place and enter both versions of the lots with no problem. I did the same with the No EP version in the original game, and it worked fine there too. My only idea for you is to try downloading the files again. I do a lot of downloading here on MTS2, and I do get files here and there that are corrupted that I have to re-download. Hopefully, that will fix the problem.

Thankyou, I wasn't blaming you sorry! it was only a message I got in Winrar, I haven't been able to test it in-game yet but I will re-download. thanks and yeah it's an awesome lot
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims&Slayer666
Thankyou, I wasn't blaming you sorry! it was only a message I got in Winrar, I haven't been able to test it in-game yet but I will re-download. thanks and yeah it's an awesome lot

No problem at all. It would be pointless for me to offer a download that didn't work, so I'm glad you said something so I could check it. I hope it works for you, and I'm glad you like it.

Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:04 PM Last edited by Eyore : 27th Mar 2009 at 1:29 AM.
Thank you this is very cool. I searched the web looking for cool instruments to go into the studio and by accident I stumbled upon a site www.simtech2.com you should check them out for recording equipment and stuff. I don't know their policies cause I'm just a downloader not a creator. Your studio is awesome! Love it.

Oh bother.....I'll just hang around somewhere, anywhere where I am wanted. My favorite site
www.simtech2.com
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 10:14 PM
I have no problems loading the NOEP version of this lot, but when i try to load the ALLEP version, the game crashes half way through the lot loading. I have all expansions and stuff packs. I also made sure no custom content (other then what is needed by the lot) is in my downloads folder.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kralore
I have no problems loading the NOEP version of this lot, but when i try to load the ALLEP version, the game crashes half way through the lot loading. I have all expansions and stuff packs. I also made sure no custom content (other then what is needed by the lot) is in my downloads folder.

I'm really sorry the All EP's version isn't working for you. I first built the No EP version and then added a few things to it in the AllEE's version. Since there are no structural differences and only a few object differences in the 2 versions, all you would really need to do is add the driveway pieces and instruments.

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 3:20 PM
Reminds me of TS1 superstar....nice.......The CC that is on MTS2 should have been included with proper credit, being that we are not being directed to other sites.

Administrator of Her Opinion
Test Subject
#39 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 9:32 PM
People, I have the same problem that few people's have, when I'm starting in my game loading studio game crashes/disconnects, please help me, what I need to do that this lot would work? I have all ex. packs.
Test Subject
#40 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 6:00 PM
How to make money of this except pay doors/pay buffet. Can you really do a music-bussiness or not ? Can you let people pay for studio time ?
Instructor
#41 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 2:08 PM
This is perfect for a story I'm writing, Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#42 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 2:07 PM
It is absolutely gorgeous!
And if you ever remake this, here are some suggestions that might add some realism to it

- speakers placed in symmetry
- a mac, a G5 maybe
- an excessive amt of mic stands
- xlr cables strewn all over
- double doors, for sound proofing
- "IN RECORDING" sign above the door? hehe..
- a mini tv on the control room
- a large plasma screen mounted on the wall in the studio..(vid sync)
- yada yada..

ahh.. it really is amazing.. it's got such a studio feel, the colours, space, everthing, it's just really well done,. kudos!
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PhantasyGurl
Really cool..!
But, I wish it was a community lot.
Great work, nonetheless~

You can turn it into a community lot by bringing up the cheat box (control shift c) then type in "changelotzoning community". This should work, but I haven't tried it yet. Like you I wanted it as a community so this is what I'll be trying.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 1:04 PM
Looks great, looking forward to recording the new RUSH CD in it
Now if I could just find a drum kit worthy of Neil Peart and not
all these small little 4 piece kits
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:31 AM
This one was fun to browse. It's really interesting.
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:54 AM
will this still work without the round rug meshe? some of those links to the meshes dont work i really need this lot for my story
Wiki Wizard
#47 Old 19th May 2008 at 9:36 PM
Hey that's a well good idea, thanks for this upload

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 9:31 AM
I just have a question (its probably been answered in the above posts, but my browser won't load them)
Is it necessary to have all ep's for the studio?
because i am 2 ep's short, and i cant see that it makes a large difference.
i downloaded the no ep just to be safe but i'd just like to know?
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 6:51 PM
This is so awesome :D
But sadly, my game crashes (closes complety) when I try to go to the lot :'(
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:32 PM
most of the cc is now gone, but i have stuff to fill the gaps.

awsome and thaks for all the time and effort put into this lot....i love it

Hail Eris goddess of discord
Page 2 of 3