Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pack of FULLY ANIMATED spiral stairs

by marvine Posted 16th Sep 2007 at 8:27 PM - Updated 29th Apr 2011 at 7:44 PM by leesester

469 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 431 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 19
Lab Assistant
#251 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:37 PM
Fantastic! I've been wanting these... =)

Also, I laughed because of the "death trap"... Stairs in sweish is "trapp".
Test Subject
#252 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:49 PM
Thank you! Thank you ever so much! I had some non-animated ones and I pulled them because I just couldn't stand it - now I can have them back! Yay!
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 5:05 AM
I have been using these in my game and they are a dream come true! Until now I'd avoided multiple story houses because I hate how obscuring the normal stairs are. But these are so compact and look so natural that now multiple stories are irresistable. I can't say thanks enough!
Test Subject
#254 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 3:27 PM
Thank you so much. I was wishing for this item. Lovely!
Test Subject
#255 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:10 AM
We LOVE your stairs! They are just perfect, and the animations - GREAT!
Test Subject
#256 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 3:22 PM
Millions of thanks for making these stairs! <3 They're great! Thanks, thanks and thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#257 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 4:45 PM
Iv got it in my game but nobody can walk up or down them...it says no option available. Anyone else have this problem?
Instructor
Original Poster
#258 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 5:49 PM
Hyperjj3000, you can't get an interaction this way with stairs; your sims will use them when they want or need to do something upstairs or downstairs, or when you direct them to. For example, if you click "walk there" on a different level your sims will use the nearest stairs to do so
Field Researcher
#259 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 8:13 PM
This is probably the most amazing creation I've seen for this game. Thank you so much for the time, energy and concentration you must have put into making these - I'm very eager to use them!
Test Subject
#260 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 8:13 PM
You are AMAZING!!!!
Finally!!!!!! :lovestruc Thank you sooooooooooo much for these! We have been waiting for these for a long time!! I will never use the Maxis stairs again!!!!!!

~~FrogGirl~~
Field Researcher
#261 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:58 AM
Thank you Marvine! Finally, a realistically animated staircase! Thanks for sharing these freely with the community.

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
Alchemist
#262 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:06 AM
Marvine, I already said thanks earlier, and mentioned that I would be making houses to share with your stairs. I have, but it has just now occurred to me that I'm not specifically including the animations package with my houses. Should I?

No one has reported a lack of animations, but maybe they just haven't realised there should be some.
Test Subject
#263 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 6:19 AM
Wow. These are great. Awesome. Fantastic. And on and on and on. I'm sure these took you a ton of time and effort. Thanks so much for making them!
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 7:44 AM
wow...shit you are soooooo amazing!! awesome job!!! yayay!! finally spiral staircases!! *hands u a cookie* thank you sooo much! have been waiting for ages!!
Lab Assistant
#265 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:50 AM
*awestruck*

Wow.

Just wow.

:D
Instructor
Original Poster
#266 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
it has just now occurred to me that I'm not specifically including the animations package with my houses. Should I?

Well if you're lucky, the people who downloaded your lots already have the animations file
Now I wouldn't mind if you included it, but maybe a link back here would be preferable in case I update or improve the animations - there are a few things I'd like to try if I find the time

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Test Subject
#267 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 8:28 PM
Quote:
Now I wouldn't mind if you included it, but maybe a link back here would be preferable in case I update or improve the animations - there are a few things I'd like to try if I find the time.

Question: How do you improve on greatness?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#268 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 12:40 AM
Lol! The Death Trap Deluxe is my favourite!

How could you manage to keep the poly count so low!
This is definitely a must-have. And good idea putting the animation in a separated package, so they can be reused easily.

Oh, did I mention that the animations are wonderful? Maaagic Maaarvine!!!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#269 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 12:51 AM
I've had a chance to play with these extensively and absolutely love them. No weirdness in the animations. They are a great space-saver in smaller multi-level homes (which is what I prefer to build).
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 8:39 PM
Fabulous job! I love those death trap stairs.
Forum Resident
#271 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:58 PM
Amazing thanks so much for your endless hard work!!!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Inventor
#272 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 1:14 AM
Amazing, just amazing, had to post and let you know just how wonderful these spiral stairs are. I now see building more a reality in my future.
Test Subject
#273 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 4:49 PM
wow!!! thats so cool!
Test Subject
#274 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 10:55 PM
You're my hero. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#275 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 6:38 AM Last edited by mal1958 : 30th Sep 2007 at 7:04 AM.
WoW!!!! (picks self off the floor and downloads all quickly) Thank you Marvine for this wonderful work. this is something that the Sims 2 has needed for the longest. I take my hat off to you.

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Page 11 of 19