Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod to allow Toddlers To Use Stairs

by rebecah Posted 30th Apr 2008 at 8:39 AM - Updated 9th Oct 2008 at 2:21 PM by rebecah : typos

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 11:24 PM
THIS IS FABULOUS!!!! One question, I don't think anybody else asked this, does this only work when they've learned to walk?
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st May 2008 at 12:42 AM Last edited by JLonier : 1st May 2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: thanks not feedback
What an amazing mod, Becks! Thank you so much for sharing it!! :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st May 2008 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pearlbh
THIS IS FABULOUS!!!! One question, I don't think anybody else asked this, does this only work when they've learned to walk?

It should work even if they don't know how to walk...I didn't put code in to test for the walk ability. I personally didn't want it, but if it's important to others I could put it in.
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st May 2008 at 1:53 AM
It is really cool but, can i use it with Marvine's ladder?
Scholar
#30 Old 1st May 2008 at 2:21 AM
All right! this is great!
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st May 2008 at 2:24 AM Last edited by rebecah : 1st May 2008 at 2:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by akiretremo
It is really cool but, can i use it with Marvine's ladder?

I've never used Marvine's ladder so I can't really say.

This does work with his ladder but the toddler animations are at the angle of a regular stairway. There isn't a conflict with it as his doesn't use any global coding.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 1st May 2008 at 2:49 AM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 1st May 2008 at 2:58 AM.
Thanks For Honoring My Request Rebecah!!!
Thank you for honoring my request for the puppy/kitten mod as well!! You did it so fast too! I already d/l'd from your other site since it's still in moderation que on here.

Again, you are a truly awesome genius!!! :lovestruc

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Forum Resident
#33 Old 1st May 2008 at 3:05 AM
This is excellent! BTW, I don't have Freetime (I have Uni, Nightlife, and Seasons), and it works fine.

Thanks!

Nightly
"...because as you know, Betty is the God of Arm Hair."
Field Researcher
#34 Old 1st May 2008 at 3:30 AM
Oh my goodness... you've done what every real Sim fan has wanted for YEARS. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Instructor
#35 Old 1st May 2008 at 3:41 AM
ummmmm---Brilliant! Totally Brilliant. Thank you!!!! :lovestruc
Instructor
#36 Old 1st May 2008 at 3:43 AM
Wow! That's a great set of mods! And you're so helpful and quick about responding to people's requests...

Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us again.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 1st May 2008 at 4:10 AM
You really rock! This was a great design.

Live life to the fullest.
Not actually evil.
#38 Old 1st May 2008 at 4:46 AM
Thank you! My sims thank you! My baby animals thank you! I shall bake cookies in your honor!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 1st May 2008 at 5:01 AM
THANK YOU!!!! Great mod to have, very much appreciated :cylon:
Alchemist
#40 Old 1st May 2008 at 7:40 AM
Today it´s like having birthday and Christmas and getting an extra present!
This is marvellous! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 1st May 2008 at 7:42 AM
Great idea!! Thank you
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#42 Old 1st May 2008 at 8:43 AM
Poor toddlers, so what if they fall down and break their necks...

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st May 2008 at 9:31 AM
Pretty sad Ailias...I did study all the codes for both types of stairs and there is no option for the sims to fall down the stairs.

Maybe you could code one that has that option, but you'd also have to create the animation for it. There are several great tutorials for learning to code and for creating animations right here at MTS2.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 1st May 2008 at 2:50 PM
Incredible! Without exaggeration you really are a mod-god, I have so many of your creations in game that if for some reason I could no longer use I would refuse to play the game. You make things so much easier, I really don't know why Maxis hasn't created even half the amazing objects and mods you have. Sincerely you've enriched my game play experience. This mod needs a star. A heartfelt thanks again.
~Rav :D
Forum Resident
#45 Old 1st May 2008 at 3:37 PM
Thank you!!! I waited it very much for a long time! You make our game of more realistic!

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Theorist
#46 Old 1st May 2008 at 8:42 PM
thank you very much.
Test Subject
#47 Old 1st May 2008 at 11:32 PM
I really wanted this, but for some reason when I tried it in my game last night, I continuously recieved object errors and it would not work. I wonder if this is because I have Sims 2 Deluxe edition?
Not actually evil.
#48 Old 2nd May 2008 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LuckySeven
I really wanted this, but for some reason when I tried it in my game last night, I continuously recieved object errors and it would not work. I wonder if this is because I have Sims 2 Deluxe edition?
LuckySven - What expansion packs do you have? Do you have any other stair mods? If you remove all CC except for Beck's toddler stair mod, does it still break? This info would help her debug.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#49 Old 2nd May 2008 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
I've never used Marvine's ladder so I can't really say.

This does work with his ladder but the toddler animations are at the angle of a regular stairway. There isn't a conflict with it as his doesn't use any global coding.

ok, thanks
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 2nd May 2008 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
It should work even if they don't know how to walk...I didn't put code in to test for the walk ability. I personally didn't want it, but if it's important to others I could put it in.

Um...would you think about adding a version with that feature if I ask you pretty please? It would make it absolutely perfect for me. I love the idea of toddlers using stairs, but if they are going to walk down it only makes sense if they know how to walk first. Well, at least in my game. I know this doesn't matter to most people. :p
Page 2 of 5