Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Winchester Mystery House

by amariswiccan Posted 1st Aug 2009 at 9:48 PM - Updated 2nd Aug 2009 at 4:29 PM by amariswiccan : wrong price, forgot to mention the haunting.

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:26 PM
Holy cow, that is one BIG house. I don't know where to start, my sim is so confused. Everywhere I look there is a new thing to see. Well done.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:58 PM Last edited by tutujoy2 : 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:59 PM. Reason: Forgot something
You know how much I love this house. I know how hard it was for you to get done with all the computer problems you have had.
You DID IT and we are so lucky that you did. This house is amazing, just like you.
I put this lot in my game and a family moved into it right away. :D
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:58 PM
For those who keep noting it's a big house, you should see the real thing.
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amariswiccan
Wow, thanks y'all!! I am so happy that everyone seems to like it!!

As for the #13, the only thing I was able to put in was the 13 palmtrees that line the driveway. My game only runs for maybe an hour at a time, so some things I didn't get to because I was so frustrated. I got the door and stairs to nowhere and the room full of leftover building supplies, oh and the seance room.

The house is really cool I've seen specials about it on tv. Also with your game you might only need to update your video card because I was having the same problems until I downloaded the newer one.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:02 PM
Um, WOW! Well done, and thanks!
Test Subject
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:52 PM
I'm still facinated by this place and been visiting off and on since I was little. Thanks for creating this for our games you did a fantastic job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 4:17 PM
I really am so happy that everyone likes it this much!! All of you have just made my day!!!!

I can't say I would be willing to take this on again until I get my game/computer fixed cause it was such a pain in the butt, but it was fun. It's one of those houses I have to do in a new game. (I did the updates, no help. Hubby says I might be overheating. Not sure if he means me or the computer! lol)

I am glad to hear from those who have been there that I at least got it sorta close. Always been a dream to go there myself. Maybe someday.

Thanks again y'all. HUGS
Field Researcher
#33 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 4:47 PM
Amazing work!!
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 6:55 PM
Great house with your computer acting up mine did the same think and was over heating took it apart and cleaned the fans works great now sims3 seems to push computer to there limits fantastic work this house is wondeful
Test Subject
#35 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 6:56 PM
Holy crap! I've been fascinated by the Winchester House for years. Can't wait to load it into my game. I think I know where Mr. Reaper will be living, now...
Field Researcher
#36 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:12 PM
An incredible creation, both in R/L and now in TS3. Amazing work! Wee question: Is this monster playable?

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:38 PM
chaisipper, I have been playing it in my game. So far it works. Just hard to figure out sometimes where everyone is located. But that is the fun and mystery of this lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 8:58 PM
Glad everyone likes it!!

My game moved in a family of 5. They seem to be enjoying it.

Just in case no one noticed I wanted to let everyone know that the house is haunted by the Goth's. Or it should be anyway. Not sure what happens to the ghosts when you package in TS3.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 9:33 PM
I must say, this is impressive. One day, I may get to see the real thing, but until then, at least my sims can!! thank you for taking the time to build this!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amariswiccan
Glad everyone likes it!!

My game moved in a family of 5. They seem to be enjoying it.

Just in case no one noticed I wanted to let everyone know that the house is haunted by the Goth's. Or it should be anyway. Not sure what happens to the ghosts when you package in TS3.
I saw the urns when I was first looking around and thought it was a nice touch. I haven't seen the ghosts but I did hear the ghost music at one point. However I couldn't actually find the ghost in the house LOL.
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:07 AM
Thats an awesome idea for a sim house, I wonder if you can take tours in real life, I would like to go =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:59 AM
Notjustnebodee- That's exactly how I feel, if I can't go at least my sims can. It was my pleasure, most of the time.

TigerM- Gotta have ghosts at the Winchester dontcha know. lol They must be floating around in there somewhere. I hope you spot one soon!!

kristina0622-They sure do have tours! http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:20 AM
oh wow this is awesome I see this place all the time when I'm at work... great job
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 5:00 PM
awesome..
Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 9:19 PM
Great interpretation of an incredible building. I actually work right down the street near the dealerships along Stevens Creek and Winchester Ave. and pass it a lot. A few of my older customers actually work the grounds, and while they say there aren't too many ghostly mysterious encounters... a few of them have had the chills and 'corner of the eye' sightings while inside the house or on the grounds.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 10:58 PM
This house would probably kill my game but looks awesome.

Creepy back story too on the real place
Field Researcher
#47 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tutujoy2
chaisipper, I have been playing it in my game. So far it works. Just hard to figure out sometimes where everyone is located. But that is the fun and mystery of this lot.

LOL! Thanks for the response! Yes, I guess the next hurdle would be finding everyone.

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Test Subject
#48 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 2:12 PM
I was just wondering what it would be like to build that house in the Sims 3 the other day! Awesome! I hope I get to see the real thing someday but for now this will do! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:09 PM
I would love to be able to go to the real house. We should all pitch in and go together!! LOL

Thanks for the comments y'all!!!
Instructor
#50 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 6:08 AM
I am sorry I'm late =(. You are one crazy woman, woman! This is amazing. I don't even want to think about what frustrations (if any) you had creating this. But, this is right up your alley. Brilliant! Hugs!
Page 2 of 3