Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lost&Found: Stock Market

by Buzzler Posted 27th Mar 2011 at 12:13 PM - Updated 28th Jul 2011 at 5:25 PM by Buzzler

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 8:50 AM Last edited by noodlerex : 12th Apr 2011 at 10:27 AM.
Does this go straight into my mods folder or do i have to do all kinds of fiddly stuff that im not good at?

Edit: what i mean to say is do the text files go straight into my mods folder or do they need to go somewhere seperate.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noodlerex
Edit: what i mean to say is do the text files go straight into my mods folder or do they need to go somewhere seperate.
You don't need the text files at all if you don't plan to translate the mod into another language.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:33 PM
OK thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 9:41 PM
This is awesome Buzzler!!!
You should make updates to this, add more options, and stuff. This is one of the best ideas/mods I've ever seen about Sims 3!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#55 Old 14th May 2011 at 10:18 PM
This is pretty awesome, haven't made any profit yet but hopefully soon. I've noticed one tiny bug thou. If you use a laptop, and it's in your inventory, the stock interactions get dropped immediately when it's their turn in the que. But, if you have the laptop on the table before selecting the interactions, or you are already using the laptop when you select these interactions, they will work fine.
Test Subject
#56 Old 25th May 2011 at 11:42 PM
Does this make the game slow down in any way?
Test Subject
#57 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 6:29 AM
Default Generations
This mod appears to be working with Generations and the new update
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#58 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:51 AM
Thank you for updating another amazing mod. Didn't know how much I missed it.
Test Subject
#59 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 7:01 PM
Default corrections
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi

Since there's no answers here's the corrected French_FR text, I corrected all the typos, including a string that was still in english. Buzzler, can you please add it?

Sorry for the delay, I was absorbed by work.

I actually forgot that Sims3 Llamas uses "Vous" instead of "Tu" which, if I remember correctly was used extensively in the Sims2.
But considering the game uses a colloquial language, I didn't really noticed it.

Thanks for the correction.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 7:32 PM
/bow down to you good sir! i have been waiting something like this like forever! lol. Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:54 AM
My Sim spends literal hours on the computer searching for stocks and when he finally finds one, I go to check to see what the current price is, and its already retreated from the market. This happens with every new stock I find. Common problem?
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clint Eastwood
My Sim spends literal hours on the computer searching for stocks and when he finally finds one, I go to check to see what the current price is, and its already retreated from the market. This happens with every new stock I find. Common problem?

I wasn't having that problem during my first hour of play, but then it began. I then decided to play another save and again, it didn't happen at first. I came here to check if anyone else had mentioned it. So, I second you.
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 1:23 PM
Brazilian portuguese translation added
Thanks buzzler, and congratulations for another amazing mod.

BTW, i made a portuguese translation for your mod (Please note that it is a Brazilian Portuguese translation, so users from Portugal, Angola and others might be a little surprised with some words, but actually, it is understandable for anybody who talks portuguese) so if you have any questions PM me, and thanks again
Attached files:
File Type: rar  StockMarketUnlockerStrings_POT_BR.rar (1.4 KB, 8 downloads)
Test Subject
#64 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by postCrimsonStorm
I wasn't having that problem during my first hour of play, but then it began. I then decided to play another save and again, it didn't happen at first. I came here to check if anyone else had mentioned it. So, I second you.

This is happening on my game, too. One popped up, but not for long. I went to a new family/save and the problem is still there.
Original Poster
#65 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aerix
This is happening on my game, too. One popped up, but not for long. I went to a new family/save and the problem is still there.
It's EAxian code and just meant as a little gimmick. Please understand that I'm not really inclined to fix it up. I thought about doing so at some point, but as of now, I'd rather write a proper stock market mod from scratch.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:59 PM
Very Clever.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 8:33 PM
this is pretty cool, but for some reason stocks disappear after i research them.

when i check stock manager it says researched true, discovered false.

weird stuff.
Site Helper
#68 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 10:01 PM
Is there a reason that the Dashboard would call this a Core Mod?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Original Poster
#69 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Is there a reason that the Dashboard would call this a Core Mod?
I think the dashboard considers all packages that contain script resources as core mods. Nothing to worry about.

Instructor
#70 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:42 PM
Does this work with Pets?
Original Poster
#71 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lorenrose1013
Does this work with Pets?
No, not yet. There were quite some changes in the stock market code - I think the devs mostly ripped out stuff - so I'll have to take a deeper look what needs to be changed. This mod isn't exactly a top priority for me, so it may take a bit.

Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#72 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 12:20 AM
I sincerely hoped they fixed their mistake with the stock market because I really liked playing the stock market, but then again, that's EA we're talking about.

Just happened to check in to see if there's a new update for Pets. Thank you for letting us know what's happening.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:05 PM
Damn I guess it was a good thing I waited before patching up because I would have lost all my shares.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:02 AM
Does anyone know if this works with Pets? (Kind of scared to try it.)
Field Researcher
#75 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 9:29 PM
I'm trying to translate this into portuguese but I only know the code for feminine/masculine is {FA.}/{MA.}, and I need to know what the code for singular/plural is 'cause our grammar is different.
Page 3 of 4