Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1996 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1884 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 51 of 80
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1251 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arissaj94
Hello! So I was hoping someone could help me with this. For some reason SimRipper is running EXTREMELY slow on my brand new desktop? On my laptop my sims would upload in less than a minute but on my brand new desktop its taking over 5 minutes. Its odd because the specs on my desktop FAR surpass those of my laptop. There is way more space and a more powerful operating system. Even my game is running very quickly and smoothly with over 8k CC,mod files and ultra appearance settings. Help would be much appreciated! Its also freezing a lot as well

What are the operating systems of your laptop and new desktop? Have you tried making SimRipper and its folder exceptions in your antivirus?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1252 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
What are the operating systems of your laptop and new desktop? Have you tried making SimRipper and its folder exceptions in your antivirus?

So Operating system for the desktop is Ryzen 7 4000 series, Amda Radeon graphics. Laptop is intel core i7 8th gen, nvidia geoforce graphics card i guess (im not great at computers so i hope thats what you were asking for, I looked at the little stickers on them) Both of them are 64 bit! if its something specific ill check settings or something im sure itll pop up. Both HP computers. Ill check the antivirus thing as well i use mcaffee edited to add: I checked McAffee and there doesnt seem to be an option to make exceptions, i have livesafe
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1253 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 7:17 AM
So Operating system for the desktop is Ryzen 7 4000 series, Amda Radeon graphics. Laptop is intel core i7 8th gen, nvidia geoforce graphics card i guess (im not great at computers so i hope thats what you were asking for, I looked at the little stickers on them) Both of them are 64 bit! if its something specific ill check settings or something im sure itll pop up. Both HP computers. Ill check the antivirus thing as well i use mcaffee edited to add: I checked McAffee and there doesnt seem to be an option to make exceptions, i have livesafe

Those are the CPUs and graphics cards, not operating systems. I was wondering if the new desktop is Windows 11, which SimRipper has not been tested on.

Some instructions for McAfee and Livesafe:

https://service.mcafee.com/?article...ll=article-view
https://knowledge.civilgeo.com/know...cafee-firewall/

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#1254 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 3:10 PM
Those are the CPUs and graphics cards, not operating systems. I was wondering if the new desktop is Windows 11, which SimRipper has not been tested on.

Some instructions for McAfee and Livesafe:

https://service.mcafee.com/?article...ll=article-view
https://knowledge.civilgeo.com/know...cafee-firewall/

It is in fact windows 11, my laptop is windows 10! guess that would explain it then! It helps to know why its running so slow and freezing even if it cant be fixed. Guess ill have to find a way to transfer my save files to my laptop to create daes and then send it back to my desktop for blender and stuff! if anyone knows a fast way to do this please let me in on the secret! I do make sure to have the same CC and mods on both my computers so the sims should show up the same fine. I could prob upload them to the Gallery and download them that way
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1255 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 6:36 PM
It is in fact windows 11, my laptop is windows 10! guess that would explain it then! It helps to know why its running so slow and freezing even if it cant be fixed. Guess ill have to find a way to transfer my save files to my laptop to create daes and then send it back to my desktop for blender and stuff! if anyone knows a fast way to do this please let me in on the secret! I do make sure to have the same CC and mods on both my computers so the sims should show up the same fine. I could prob upload them to the Gallery and download them that way

It should not run slower on Win 11, but my understanding is that there are some glitches in 11 that could conceivably result in some software running slowly. If that's the cause I expect it'll be resolved at some point.

Test Subject
#1256 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 9:34 PM
hey! for whatever reason the program wont open on my pc. ive tried downloading it multiple times, restarting my pc but nothing works and then when i try tp delete it from my pc it says its still running ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1257 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daniekjeperts
hey! for whatever reason the program wont open on my pc. ive tried downloading it multiple times, restarting my pc but nothing works and then when i try tp delete it from my pc it says its still running ?

Try making it an exception in your antivirus.

Test Subject
#1258 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 8:54 AM
Try making it an exception in your antivirus.

how do i do that?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1259 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daniekjeperts
how do i do that?

It's different for different antiviruses. You'll have to look up or Google the instructions for the one you use.

Scholar
#1260 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 10:07 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 28th Nov 2021 at 10:57 AM.
The last time I posted my renders was in June or July. xD Here are my last posts of my renders. Making facial sims isn't easy for me, Sims 4 Ripper does it job quick! x)

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Test Subject
#1261 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 11:49 PM
Default Custom Hairs not showing up
Good evening,
I am new to learning how to use SimRipper and Blender. The issue I am having is most of the custom hairs or accessories not loading in SimRipper.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sim Information.txt (13.1 KB, 4 downloads)
File Type: txt  Sim Errors.txt (782 Bytes, 0 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1262 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paradise_Dream
Good evening,
I am new to learning how to use SimRipper and Blender. The issue I am having is most of the custom hairs or accessories not loading in SimRipper.

According to the info listing there is no readable hair. Clicking the error listing gets a 404 error. Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info.

Test Subject
#1263 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 6:46 PM
According to the info listing there is no readable hair. Clicking the error listing gets a 404 error. Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info.

How do I upload the save game and sim troubleshooting info?
Mad Poster
#1264 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 8:10 PM

Upload them to any file hosting website and then share the public links in a reply here.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1265 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 8:13 PM

Put the save game (the save file you selected in SimRipper) in a zip with WinZIP or whatever. In SimRipper after your sim is displayed click the 'Save Troubleshooting Info' button. Then upload the two zip files the same way you uploaded the text files.

Test Subject
#1266 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 8:39 PM
Put the save game (the save file you selected in SimRipper) in a zip with WinZIP or whatever. In SimRipper after your sim is displayed click the 'Save Troubleshooting Info' button. Then upload the two zip files the same way you uploaded the text files.

I hope this is correct
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Slot_00000505.rar (3.73 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: zip  ParadiseDream_TroubleShoot.zip (9.21 MB, 2 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1267 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 1:41 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 1st Dec 2021 at 4:25 PM.
I hope this is correct

Thanks! SimRipper can't find the hair and a bunch of other items that are probably CC. Please check your mods path in the settings, and upload a screenshot if you're not sure. Please check the protections on those CC packages. If that doesn't help, please upload a few of the missing packages.

-Edited

Test Subject
#1268 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 6:55 PM
Thanks! SimRipper can't find the hair and a bunch of other items that are probably CC. Please check your mods path in the settings, and upload a screenshot if you're not sure. Please check the protections on those CC packages. If that doesn't help, please upload a few of the missing packages.

-Edited

Could it be possible they aren't showing up because they are installed via the TSR manager and not directly downloaded into my mods folder?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1269 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 10:45 PM
Could it be possible they aren't showing up because they are installed via the TSR manager and not directly downloaded into my mods folder?

I don't use TSR Manager so I can't be sure. From reading about it, it just installs packages into a folder in your mods folder so that should work with SimRipper unless there's something strange about the packages. It's possible it sets protections on the folder that prevent SimRipper from opening it.

Is it only the TSR Manager CC that isn't showing up? Could you zip and upload a sample TSR package?

Test Subject
#1270 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 2:28 PM
I don't use TSR Manager so I can't be sure. From reading about it, it just installs packages into a folder in your mods folder so that should work with SimRipper unless there's something strange about the packages. It's possible it sets protections on the folder that prevent SimRipper from opening it.

Is it only the TSR Manager CC that isn't showing up? Could you zip and upload a sample TSR package?

I was finally able to test and it does seem to be only the TSR Manager CC that isn't showing up. I have attached a sample TSR package.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  sclub_ts4_LLhair_n116(Tyra).zip (70.81 MB, 9 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1271 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 9:43 PM
I was finally able to test and it does seem to be only the TSR Manager CC that isn't showing up. I have attached a sample TSR package.

The package looks fine. Are you getting error messages when you start SimRipper? If so please upload a screenshot. If not, please check the path where the TSR packages are located and upload a screenshot of that folder with the path and of the SimRipper settings.

Test Subject
#1272 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:35 PM
The package looks fine. Are you getting error messages when you start SimRipper? If so please upload a screenshot. If not, please check the path where the TSR packages are located and upload a screenshot of that folder with the path and of the SimRipper settings.

I have attached a screenshot of the messages I receive when starting SimRipper
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1273 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:44 PM
I have attached a screenshot of the messages I receive when starting SimRipper

And that's the problem, SimRipper finds but can't open those packages. I'm working on a new version which will show the details of those errors and I'll upload it when it's ready. Meanwhile you could check the protections on those packages and the TSR folder they're in.

Test Subject
#1274 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 1:07 PM
And that's the problem, SimRipper finds but can't open those packages. I'm working on a new version which will show the details of those errors and I'll upload it when it's ready. Meanwhile you could check the protections on those packages and the TSR folder they're in.

Thank you :p
Test Subject
#1275 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 11:09 PM
My ripper is not opening
Hey I cant seem to open the ripper I have tried and it gave me this

[/IMG]file:///C:/Users/ameli/Downloads/error.png

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ameli/Downloads/errpr.png

this is my first time uploading photos and having a comment so if they dont show up I will show you at my gmail my gmail is [email protected] please dont be mad at me I am new to this
basicly my sim ripper is not letting me in and I dont know why also here is the zip hopefuly it show up

i don't know how to do zip or send zip I am sorry

wait nvm I learned plz help
Screenshots
Page 51 of 80