Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#76 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 4:30 AM
5 MB sounds like a good limit. Keeping track of all the CC in the game is a good idea too, I was thinking the same thing.

The important thing to remember is you don't need to take anything out. The CC can just make the rounds as part of the rar.
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 10:48 AM
I think we've already gone over that limit. We're CC-crazy. If it NEEDS to be 5MB then don't download the XMSims hair.

Laura:
It's just like making things bold or whatever but replace SPOILER where it says B, I, U, etc.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Mad Poster
#78 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 4:59 PM
I've already played it with my 8MB and Kaila's 7.5MB in..... Maybe we could make it a limit of 8MB each instead??
Banned
Original Poster
#79 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 5:37 PM
Eh... make it 10. Nice round number.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 6:17 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 11th Oct 2010 at 7:55 PM.
Woo! *goes off to find some more stuff to download*

I think I already know what to add :-) Will repost my list when I'm up to my 10MB. I'll be changing a couple of changeable things from my old list (I got one of the poseboxes wrong, but can remove that with no harm done), and adding a bit more. I'll attach it as a .txt file as it's rather long! :-D

**EDIT** I'm uploading the text file now :-) It comes to 9.94MB! I have edited three items in SimPE (HP's sundress, the light blue, red and white recolours), so I can use them as maternity wear, but the edited versions will be included with the neighbourhood, so shouldn't cause any problems.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Lauratje86ProposedDownloadsIllusionBay.txt (3.2 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#81 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 8:58 PM
Of your Falconry career, we download the Updated file?
And do we actually download HP's sundress? Or do we just wait for the neighborhood to get your edited versions?
I thought you had put a lot of CC down at first... *runs to go get more hair*

tumblr
Mad Poster
#82 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 9:05 PM
Yup, the updated file for my falconry career, that's the one where the icon actually works! :-)

Ummm, for the sundress, you can download the mesh if you like, but I changed the recolours slightly (changed one number in SimPE) so that I can use them as maternity wear with MaryLou and Numenor's Any-Wear Coat Hook (which is also on the list) so best to wait for them to come with the 'hood.

More hair for you then huh? Why am I not surprised!? :-D

My list worked out as lots of things, but most are on the smallish side. Hardly anything is the size of a hair mesh and recolour!!
Scholar
#83 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 9:49 PM
Mmhmm. I updated my list. 6 hairs, 2 male and 4 female. I regret nothing. :D

So I'm not downloading anything for the sundress. Okay

tumblr
Mad Poster
#84 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 10:05 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 11th Oct 2010 at 10:21 PM.
But, but, you still have 0.7MB! Can't you find something to download for that amount of space?? :-D

**EDIT** Incidentally, is La Verde Cemetary in Illusion Bay useable, or were there problems with it? Or does one need one of the EPs we're not using to move graves onto communal lots?
Scholar
#85 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 11:10 PM
^I don't think there would be the option to do it if it came from another EP. Wasn't it NL or later? We have later, so I think we're fine. The only problem was that Jim deleted the sim he used to move the graves, which caused the action to be somehow "undone." If you're not completely sure, just back up your game

If I find a piece of CC I want to use then I will add it in. But I want to save the empty space in case I find something special.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#86 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 11:26 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 11th Oct 2010 at 11:46 PM.
I don't have the "Move Graves" option - I think that came with Nightlife. I'm just backing up my game now, then I'll see if I can put them in a sim's inventory and move them like that.....

Ah, I see :-D

**EDIT** Nope, no luck. The sim was able to place the grave in the cemetary, but when I went back there later in build mode the grave wasn't there any more, but it wasn't in the sim's inventory either :-( So no luck there.....

I really don't want to have to keep graves on home lots, I may see if a family can place graves in the cemetary if they actually own the cemetary as a community business.
Scholar
#87 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 2:18 AM
^Good idea. Then the family themselves will be able to edit it.

Aww, wait a second, where is this grave coming from?? Oh no, a death already! *sobs*

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#88 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 6:30 AM
That's how my problems started. I lost the gravestones for the House Of Tomorrow housemates and then deleted them thinking it might help reset it.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 8:44 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 13th Oct 2010 at 8:35 PM.
Well, I backed up the game like Kaila suggested before I tried to move the grave, so I've restored it to how it was and am going to try the owned cemetary possibility now and see if that works.

**EDIT** Ok, that seems to have worked. I had Delilah Mitchell buy the cemetary (because the household she lives in is the richest of the ones I'm playing, and I didn't want to cheat for money) and she put the grave in the cemetary by taking it there in her inventory and then saving the game after placing it. I went back later with her and it was still there, and still belonged to the right sim. The "Mourn" option was still available.

I have read that it is bad for the game to give gravestones/urns as gifts, so if you want a grave/graves to be placed there, invite Jayson Mitchell round to your household (I'm going to have Delilah give the deed to him), make him selectable using boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, then put the grave(s) in his inventory. If you want, you can then briefly play his household to place the grave in the cemetary, but if it's not 100% required for the storyline I'd rather you left it/them in his inventory and let me know to place them when it's my round again. Don't give tombstones/urns to him as a gift just in case - apparently that can make the tombstone lose the information and glitch the game.

**ANOTHER EDIT** Sorry it's taking so long, I have a statistics exam tomorrow so I really can't play sims today! Am going away over the weekend but it's only to my grandma's so I'll take my laptop with me for the evenings :-) Should be done soonish, though bear in mind I will've played a total of 80 days this round, because I had to do the Rhys' round 2 as well..... I am enjoying it, though! :-D
Scholar
#90 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 12:25 AM
Oh that's good. I think I might just move Cel's grave to Floral Flowers - she was the owner after all and they don't stay there after dark.
Yeah it is bad to give graves as gifts, almost as bad as deleting them!
That's okay Savor the neighborhood while you still have it! What a weird experience this is. Not being able to just start up the AnyGame and play a few days of the Florals... Out of everything different about the multiplayer hood, this is the different-est.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#91 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 1:02 AM
Hey, good idea. Now I kind of wish my sims had businesses so that I could bury them on their business lots! :-) Though of course Jayson now owns La Verde Cemetary...... I won't be trying to make a profit out of it, though! :-D

I shall savor it as much as possible, I'm far more into the families now because the Rhys' are a bit more "mine" as I've played them for 25 days now (Round 2 and 1/4 of Round 3).

Ok, back to studying statistics..... :-(
Banned
Original Poster
#92 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 8:26 PM
How's it going now?
Mad Poster
#93 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 4:33 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 27th Oct 2010 at 2:14 AM.
Nearly done! Should be passing it on today or tomorrow - I've been playing each of my households for 5 days at a time to keep them more in sync memories-wise, and so much has been happening I've been pausing a lot to take photos! The stories should be good though :-D God they're going to be long - I have hundreds of pictures..... I shall have to cut them down a bit, I guess.

**EDIT** 5 days at a time? Those were the days! By the end of my round it was 2 days at a time..... God that got complicated!
Banned
Original Poster
#94 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:43 PM
*squirms in excitement*
Scholar
#95 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:22 PM
You're just squirming? I'm full out dancing... and it's not even my turn...

tumblr
Mad Poster
#96 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:39 PM
Haha, keep up the squirming/dancing guys, just got about 6 sim days to play then I'll be uploading, so hopefully this evening. Had to spend a few hours listening to the radio whilst my favourite football team lost, am playing again now. Nearly done! Gracious, a lot has happened in Illusion Bay...... :-D
Banned
Original Poster
#97 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kailacat
You're just squirming? I'm full out dancing... and it's not even my turn...

Trust me, if this goes on any longer, the Flour Sack Baby will be making an appearance.
Scholar
#98 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:53 AM
And so will Professor Volleyball. :/ I guess "absence makes the heart grow fonder." It's the time away from the neighborhood that makes me love it so much.
I can't wait to see what on earth (simland) has happened! I see you've started another Rhys family, Laura... I thought you weren't having more than two households?

tumblr
Mad Poster
#99 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:11 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 28th Oct 2010 at 1:38 AM.
The waiting is almost over - for Jim at least :-D Kaila, I wasn't going to have more than two households...... Absolutely, definitely not. So much for that theory! Just packaging the neighbourhood up now, then I'll be uploading - that'll take a while, and maybe a few tries, though, my internet connection's not the best.....

It's certainly been exciting to play! By the way, one of the cliffhangers in my story is that the reader doesn't know who the father is of one of the children (you'll see which when you read the story, which I shall probably post tomorrow). Obviously, though, if you look at the child's family tree (or any of her family's family trees) you'll find out, so if you don't want to know avoid the Rhys and Mitchell family trees! I'd also recommend you avoid using the Gossip interaction, or at least looking at the speech bubbles, as it does make an appearance in that quite a lot! You are of course welcome to look if you want to know, and it's not a problem (for me at least!) if you find out accidentally either, but please don't post about it anywhere as I'd like it to remain a surprise for anyone else who reads my LJ. If you really want to talk about it, PM me :-D

**EDIT** Mediafire and my internet connection are both being annoying, and I haven't been able to upload it yet. I shall keep trying! Tomorrow I'm going into town, so I'll see if I can find an internet cafe that'll let me upload it, or failing that I'm visiting friends this weekend and I'm sure at least one of them will have a better internet connection than me so I can try it on their computer instead! Sorry about this, it's getting very very frustrating!
Banned
Original Poster
#100 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 3:24 AM
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!

Page 4 of 8