Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 9:53 PM Last edited by BellaDovah : 21st Jan 2021 at 10:07 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Undefined Transition Error - Community Time Project
I recently switched to Chris Hatch's updated Community Time Project and for a while, everything went smoothly. But, as time has gone on, I seem to be getting more and more errors.

Now every time I return from anywhere in a taxi, I get an Undefined Transition Error relating to Car - Prototype - 0,5 & Tree: Community Time Wait (full log attached). When I reset this, instead of the community time project kicking in, they immediately return.
First Part of Error Log:

I've also sometimes gotten a different error "you sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it" on returning in a taxi too. This error is more bizarre and doesn't seem to have any pattern to it. I can't reset this one, it just makes another occur and I end up with several taxis spawning until I delete it and they return home immediately. When this error occurs, quitting without saving then deleting my caches & reopening it again usually results in the community time delay working, but this is not the case for the Undefined Transition so now I'm basically stuck without community time when my sims use a taxi/ask sim on a date.

I'd really appreciate any advice, thanks
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t475278.txt (109.1 KB, 22 downloads)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 10:34 PM
You might do better calling Chris to come and look at it.

@Chris Hatch

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You might do better calling Chris to come and look at it.

@Chris Hatch

He most likely can help more than anyone but don't want to come across like I'm pointing blame, it could be user error or an undetected conflict.
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 11:50 AM
It seems to be throwing an error because it can't update the return home time dialogue, try re-downloading because I just updated it to 'not care' if that happens for you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 8:22 PM Last edited by BellaDovah : 22nd Jan 2021 at 8:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
It seems to be throwing an error because it can't update the return home time dialogue, try re-downloading because I just updated it to 'not care' if that happens for you.

@Chris Hatch Thank you so much! If its to do with the dialogue do you think it could be to do with the messages file of df's Taxi Charges Money mod I copied the lines of your mod into and let overwrite it?

Also, I removed the line in your mod that checks whether you're in a University hood and stops it running if you are, so that it will run in uni hoods to. It could be coincidence but this same undefined transition error started happening on taxi return everytime without fail whilst I was playing in the uni hood (though I was definitely getting the crappy GUID error sometimes before then), and it has continued in the main hood from then on.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  df_vehicle_and_taxi_messages.zip (26.3 KB, 14 downloads)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 8:41 PM
Totally unrelated to anything of Chris', I have gotten the crappy GUID message any time I have used default replacements on premades without having changed their clothes via dresser, hack, or other means, AND Bathroom Uses You from Pescado. With such consistency over years that I figured that was Pescado wording. (Maxis using crappy? Seems implausible unless there's no way any customer should ever see it. They would use 'invalid' or something equally non-offensive.) Changing the outfit the sim wears by any means within the game fixes the problem. I figure it's some sort of code related to default clothing that didn't quite propagate to everything properly when clothing was applied by dropping the default into the downloads folder rather than by changing the sim's clothing, and BUY doesn't know what to dress them in after the shower/bath.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Totally unrelated to anything of Chris', I have gotten the crappy GUID message any time I have used default replacements on premades without having changed their clothes via dresser, hack, or other means, AND Bathroom Uses You from Pescado. With such consistency over years that I figured that was Pescado wording. (Maxis using crappy? Seems implausible unless there's no way any customer should ever see it. They would use 'invalid' or something equally non-offensive.) Changing the outfit the sim wears by any means within the game fixes the problem. I figure it's some sort of code related to default clothing that didn't quite propagate to everything properly when clothing was applied by dropping the default into the downloads folder rather than by changing the sim's clothing, and BUY doesn't know what to dress them in after the shower/bath.

@Sunbee that's really interesting, thanks so much, I struggled to find any info on the crappy guid error. I don't really use default replacements (though there could be a few I'm forgetting about) but I am strictly playing with premades only. I use a lot of Pescado's mods and I've also been using the Gussy Up mod to change their appearance, buy them new clothes, and change their outfits so it could be related to that.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 10:35 PM
I don't think it's actually possible to specify custom error messages, that is indeed an EA error message - you can see it listed on this page: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...2:Object_Errors Of course, it was never intended for customers to see it, you don't see any error messages unless you play in debug mode, and I doubt EA actually intended for people to do that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 11:54 PM
@Chris Hatch yay! With the updated version, returning in a taxi seems to be working again Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 12:18 AM Last edited by BellaDovah : 24th Jan 2021 at 1:17 AM.
@Chris Hatch Um, again, don't want to come across like I'm pointing blame, could be a coincidence but since I've switched to the updated version, my sims in the neighbourhood I'm playing aren't having carpools come for them so they don't go to work (I also don't have an option for them to walk to work but I think I was having that issue before, I do have the option to drive to work in a car, but the school bus does come for kids/teens) but it doesn't say they've skipped work or throw an error...there's just no messages about the carpool, the carpool doesn't come, I don't get told x has work in 1 hour, and then I don't get told they skipped work...it's like they're on vacation...I tested it in a different neighbourhood and its fine there...very strange...☹
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 1:01 AM
Just for future reference, reporting a problem with a piece of software or other similar thing like a mod is NOT "pointing blame" and anyone who would take such a report that way simply doesn't understand the nature of programming at all.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 2:15 AM
Thank you, that's good to know @kesterellyn.

@Chris Hatch so I did some reading and I thought it might be that the portals could have been deleted. So I downloaded Inge Jones' Portal Revealer and nope, they're all still there. Based on the description in Erzengel's 'Carpool Not Showing Up - FIX' which provides buyable portals (which I didn't need in the end) "Sometimes your carpool seems to decide it would like to take a vacation. The reason for this is the "Portal - Carpool - Stop" object has somehow been deleted, usually through no fault of your own. This causes an "Tree break encountered" error. If the Carpool isn't coming, call over a taxi. A screen should pop up telling you the error. Make note of the log file.", this leads me to believe the issue I'm now having with the carpools is indeed related to the issues I was having with the taxis.

I tried to recreate the problem in another neighbourhood by sending them to and from lots in a taxi, and everything was fine, community time delay worked, no error, and the carpool & work occurred as expected. So it seems that something had already gone wrong or deleted with the taxis/carpools in the neighbourhood I'm playing and I really don't know how to fix it or what to do. I can't seem to find anything relevant in the hood checker.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 2:29 AM
Does this happen on every lot in the neighborhood, or only some lots? It seems like from that that the problem would be localized to a lot, and you could fix it by simply moving the family out and into another lot (or even just another copy of the original lot from the lot bin, unless it was always broken). Do you actually get that error if you call the taxi? That's a different error than the ones you were reporting before.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 3:19 AM Last edited by BellaDovah : 24th Jan 2021 at 2:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Does this happen on every lot in the neighborhood, or only some lots? It seems like from that that the problem would be localized to a lot, and you could fix it by simply moving the family out and into another lot (or even just another copy of the original lot from the lot bin, unless it was always broken). Do you actually get that error if you call the taxi? That's a different error than the ones you were reporting before.

I can’t say for certain that its every lot but its been the case for the last 3 lots I’ve played in my neighbourhood. I don’t get any errors with the taxi with the new version of community time, but since Chris said he made it ‘not care if this happens’ perhaps its being suppressed? I have definitely come across the error name before and recently but didn’t know it was anything to do with taxis/carpools, didn’t notice a pattern or trigger.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 3:43 AM
If you're not getting the error mentioned in that other thread, the issue is probably not related. Chris said the error you experienced was because of a problem with the dialog, not because of the carpool stop, and the original error you were getting was completely different. It is strange that it's only happening in the one neighborhood, but maybe Chris will have an idea what is going on.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 4:09 AM Last edited by BellaDovah : 24th Jan 2021 at 6:01 PM.
Tomorrow I’ll try going back to the old version of community time and see if that makes a difference to the carpools functioning

Update: I tried going back to the old version of comm time, loaded a family that I had not saved while using the new version, and nope, none of them went to work, I tried calling a taxi, going somewhere and coming back and it worked fine, no errors, and they didn't start going to work after that either. I also tried forcing errors on the sims and the taxi to reset them and nope, nothing. So I'm lost, and starting to panic tbh
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 7:57 PM Last edited by BellaDovah : 24th Jan 2021 at 8:08 PM.
I've found some sort of solution, its a bit brute force, but I used the FFS Lot Debugger to force errors on off-world (I saw ones relating to the carpool and careers etc) and reset them and then it worked again! I am a bit worried this will have some side effects /consequences but nothing was immediately noticeable. This was done while using the older version of comm time, and I also sent them to a community lot and back in a taxi, no errors and comm time worked and then they went to work as expected the next day after that. I'm going to revert to the neighbourhood file I had before I did all this testing and try it going forward with the updated version of community time.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 9:25 PM
Having another issue with this mod and the carpool: the timer kicks in (and tells me I have e.g. 48 hours to go) when the carpool arrives. The Sim is placed on "Errands" (even when I don't let him step in into the carpool) and when they go to work they don't come back before the timer is at 0. When a 2nd Sim in the same household needs to go to work, the carpool does not appear. I can still make him walk to work, but then he doesn't come back either.

It is only an issue in some households, not all of them. But I cannot see why it is an issue in household X and not in household Y. Still trying to figure it out, but if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

FYI: did not download any other mods around the same time, so pretty sure it has something to do with this one, or conflict of this mod with some of the mods I have had for a longer time. Switched from CBOY to this one 2 weeks ago or so.
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dirrna
Having another issue with this mod and the carpool: the timer kicks in (and tells me I have e.g. 48 hours to go) when the carpool arrives. The Sim is placed on "Errands" (even when I don't let him step in into the carpool) and when they go to work they don't come back before the timer is at 0. When a 2nd Sim in the same household needs to go to work, the carpool does not appear. I can still make him walk to work, but then he doesn't come back either.

It is only an issue in some households, not all of them. But I cannot see why it is an issue in household X and not in household Y. Still trying to figure it out, but if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

FYI: did not download any other mods around the same time, so pretty sure it has something to do with this one, or conflict of this mod with some of the mods I have had for a longer time. Switched from CBOY to this one 2 weeks ago or so.

Oh God, I just faced the exact same problem in my game for the very first time after almost 5 rotations of Pleasantview. I was wondering if you ever came close to fixing this issue?
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by polinachekri
Oh God, I just faced the exact same problem in my game for the very first time after almost 5 rotations of Pleasantview. I was wondering if you ever came close to fixing this issue?

Im also facing this problem currently. Im new in The Sims 2 anyway.

Im trying to figure out where's the problem come, and i think the problem is caused by one sim. My first sim has a son, and his son who caused this problem. Also i remember, this problem first time happen when his son comeback from college. After that, everytime his son trying to going out, the problem always appear. His status become "errands" but he didn't go anywhere. When the notification "errands" ended, the carpool arrive and pick him up. Very strange.

Let's see if moving him out to another lot can fix this problem.

Ps: sorry for my bad english
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jhonesath
Im also facing this problem currently. Im new in The Sims 2 anyway.

Im trying to figure out where's the problem come, and i think the problem is caused by one sim. My first sim has a son, and his son who caused this problem. Also i remember, this problem first time happen when his son comeback from college. After that, everytime his son trying to going out, the problem always appear. His status become "errands" but he didn't go anywhere. When the notification "errands" ended, the carpool arrive and pick him up. Very strange.

Let's see if moving him out to another lot can fix this problem.

Ps: sorry for my bad english

Hi there, I too am having this issue with the mod. My sim graduated from University and now taxis are not coming when they should be. Also, other sims are staying much longer at work. The carpool did not come for my graduated sim; instead, the time message appears, notifying me of his extended absence, yet he is still on the lot. Everything had worked fine with this mod for other households (until now).

I am using the "newer" version of Community Time. Has anyone found a fix for this? I'll uninstall the mod for now.. bummer
Alchemist
#22 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 7:51 AM
@Chris Hatch, did you ever look into this issue/update the standalone Comm Time? There seems to be problems with sims who are returning from Uni or a Vacation. Another thread about this issue here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2/comm...community_time/

Just trying to make sure I have the most up to date version.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#23 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 2:59 PM
I typically find this is a one-time issue, using batbox to force errors on off-world (testing cheats off unless you think your clicking finger needs a workout) and then resetting the sim when they arrive home again for good measure seems to clear it and after that the mod works perfectly.

It seems that sims sometimes accumulate junk data in an area that affects this mod, and clearing it by resetting the sim is the best fix.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 8:45 AM
Hi. I'm using Chris Hatch's latest version of the CLT mod but I still encounter the Undefined Transition error every time my sim drives his own car back home from community lot. I have included my error log below. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_F001_t1347463.txt (53.6 KB, 9 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2023 at 3:53 PM
I'm getting the same issue several people have mentioned, but only on one household, and the mod continues to work perfectly fine in other households. I sent two of my Sims to a community lot, but when they left that lot they returned home immediately, just like they would without the mod installed. I assumed the mod just failed to work on that one occasion and moved on. But then when the Sim I had sent to the community lot was supposed to go to work, the carpool didn't arrive, and the Sim was said to be 'on errands' despite still being on the lot. I sent them to work in another Sim's car and they returned just fine, but while they were at work another Sim was due to leave for their job and the carpool failed to arrive, so I made them walk. Now they're supposed to return from work but nothing happens, so they're stuck.

Is there an easy way to get rid of the 'on errands' thing for the Sim who's stuck in that state, and will that allow the game to send my other Sim back home, or do I need to teleport my Sim back and force an error on them? If this happens again in future, is there a quick way to fix it before the game tries and fails to send carpools to the lot?