Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 9:00 PM
HELP NEEDED !!! Issues installing from disc?
I bought The Sims Castaway Stories from my local CeX today and I'm having trouble installing from the disc?

I originally tried downloading straight from the autorun but it was stopping at 20% downloaded. I consulted The Internet and multiple forums told me to run it in Compatibility Mode on XP, Vista and Windows 7. I am trying this now and it keeps getting stuck at 20% and 25% on all. 25% is when it tries to download Objects03.package if that's any help.

I'm trying to download on a Dell Inspiron with AMD Ryzen 2500U and Radeon graphics

Thanks!!!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 9:52 PM
Try cleaning the disk; if that doesn't work then try copying the installation files from the disk to your hard drive and install from there. This might help:
Game Help:Installwiki
But bear in mind this was written for Sims 2, and you only have one disc so don't need to make folders. This does sound like your disk drive is having trouble reading the disk.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try cleaning the disk; if that doesn't work then try copying the installation files from the disk to your hard drive and install from there. This might help:
Game Help:Installwiki
But bear in mind this was written for Sims 2, and you only have one disc so don't need to make folders. This does sound like your disk drive is having trouble reading the disk.

thank you so much for the quick reply!! ill try this now )))
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 4:31 AM
I checked mine, it's running on Compatibility mode for Windows 8.
Theorist
#5 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 1:09 PM
I'm on Windows 10 and I haven't had any issues getting TSCS to run (no compatibility modes). Computers are funny.