Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#12426 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:08 AM Last edited by pianogrinder : 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:18 AM.
A first person camera mod that always locks into the head of the sim no matter how tall or short the sims are. Perfect example, the sims 4 1st person cam does all this. Now I really wish that someone could implement that into sims 2. BTW I tried the ego cam that sort of does this, but it goes above the sim's head and causes weird sim behavior like auto jumping rope. And the ego cam completely overrides my no jealousy at all hack making it useless. Because of that, I had to uninstall/reinstall the entire game and start from scratch with re-downloading mods.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#12427 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
A first person camera mod that always locks into the head of the sim no matter how tall or short the sims are. Perfect example, the sims 4 1st person cam does all this. Now I really wish that someone could implement that into sims 2. BTW I tried the ego cam that sort of does this, but it goes above the sim's head and causes weird sim behavior like auto jumping rope. And the ego cam completely overrides my no jealousy at all hack making it useless. Because of that, I had to uninstall/reinstall the entire game and start from scratch with re-downloading mods.

Do you mean something like this?
https://modthesims.info/d/504385/re...erspective.html

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#12428 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Do you mean something like this?
https://modthesims.info/d/504385/re...erspective.html

That's the mod that broke my game. I was hoping for a newer improved 1st person cam mod that will play nice with the sims 2 UC.
Theorist
#12429 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
And the ego cam completely overrides my no jealousy at all hack making it useless. Because of that, I had to uninstall/reinstall the entire game and start from scratch with re-downloading mods.
How does a .txt file containing camera parameters invalidate your entire installation?
Scholar
#12430 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:02 PM
I would like a mod that made the roses Sims get as a good-date reward to wither.

I don't like that they last for generations. What are day, plastic roses? You don't buy plastic roses for a date, scrooge! XD
And natural roses won't last too long.
A few days would be more than enough. And then Sims should put them in the trash. (Or -ideally- compost them!)
Mad Poster
#12431 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:06 PM
They stick around forever because EA wanted to cause drama when your spouse viewed roses that you got on a date from someone else thirty years ago.
Theorist
#12432 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I would like a mod that made the roses Sims get as a good-date reward to wither.

I don't like that they last for generations. What are day, plastic roses? You don't buy plastic roses for a date, scrooge! XD
And natural roses won't last too long.
A few days would be more than enough. And then Sims should put them in the trash. (Or -ideally- compost them!)

That's really a problem with everything in Sims 2. Furniture lasts for generations as well, and not just the well crafted stuff that can last long. If you're as lazy about redecorating as I am sometimes, you can have Sims using the same ikea end table that their great-great-grandparents used.

Object ageing was originally going to be a feature, but it was cut before release. That's also why recoloring costs money in Sims 2 on an object that is already placed, it was originally meant to be a "restoration" feature that could be used to repair broken down furniture.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#12433 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:31 PM
It's funny, too-that food can spoil faster than date flowers.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#12434 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 7:07 AM
That's very interesting, Orphalesion!
And makes so much sense.
Maybe they only removed that feature partially, because pets do break furniture so I guess when Sims scold them and they stop biting the furniture looks the same but maybe it's already damaged?

Still furniture may last generations, but I've never seen flowers last years xD
as FranH mentions, food can spoil after a while. Maybe flowers should "spoil" like food do. But without the smell.

kestrellyn, I've never seen such thing happen.
It at least it was good for creating some drama, I'd be glad to have it in my game XD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12435 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Object ageing was originally going to be a feature, but it was cut before release. That's also why recoloring costs money in Sims 2 on an object that is already placed, it was originally meant to be a "restoration" feature that could be used to repair broken down furniture.

That does make sense! I know some of the basegame objects had 'worn' textures with them; such as the teddy bear (included in CEP ) and the bunny. Would be great to have that implemented for furniture!
Theorist
#12436 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That does make sense! I know some of the basegame objects had 'worn' textures with them; such as the teddy bear (included in CEP ) and the bunny. Would be great to have that implemented for furniture!

Yeah, exactly, the teddy bear is a leftover from that. And yeah I would love seeing that for furniture.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#12437 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 3:47 AM
Does the Pets code make it possible to mod the falling apart of furniture and objects somehow? Maybe with a token to track days passed, and the piece of furniture has a higher chance of falling to pieces depending on days passed and cheapness.
Mad Poster
#12438 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 10:46 AM
That's one thing that irritates me about Pets-those critters that chew up the furniture but the furniture does not show any marks of being scratched or chewed on. A little realism would do when the owner can scold the pet for 'chewing the furniture'. Kinda useless unless to teach the pet not to do so, which is all I suppose it was put in for.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
just a girl
#12439 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 12:59 PM
Pets can destroy furniture to pieces already.
Forum Resident
#12440 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 1:07 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 5th Dec 2021 at 1:10 PM. Reason: Ninja'd
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
That's one thing that irritates me about Pets-those critters that chew up the furniture but the furniture does not show any marks of being scratched or chewed on. A little realism would do when the owner can scold the pet for 'chewing the furniture'. Kinda useless unless to teach the pet not to do so, which is all I suppose it was put in for.

If left unchecked, after a period of time, chewed on furniture will be reduced to rubble. I had a stray that kept eating a bench in that 1-2-3 Gym community lot. Being a community lot, it reset when I returned. But yeah, pets chewing furniture can and will eventually destroy it. There's just no interim state between brand new and rubble.

Ninja'd...

-gE
>=)
Scholar
#12441 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 2:20 PM
Yes, I've experienced the same with pets.
So I've always assumed that they do damage the item - but there are no graphics for that damaged state.
Forum Resident
#12442 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 6:08 PM
A black and white TV mod would be nice for historical gameplay!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12443 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 6:51 PM
In the beta version, sims could break lamps and be scolded for it:

I really wish they'd finished that and left it in!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#12445 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 8:46 PM
What you simmers think about this kind of mod - there are different FOOD VALUE BOOST. Like DESSERT can give great hungry boost, while SALAD, OATMEAL,...give small hungry boost. The % of hungry boost reflects fitness of sims (how much it would take for certain food to cause sims to get fat). Plus, it would be cool if the mod would work for BOTH Maxis and cc food.
Mad Poster
#12446 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 8:50 PM
That already exists in the game. Also, being fat does not make food more satisfying, either in real life or in the Sims
Top Secret Researcher
#12447 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
A black and white TV mod would be nice for historical gameplay!

You can make your own videos and put them in the game. I have some black and white videos

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12448 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 9:43 AM
I clicked all of the buttons under everyones posts because someone went through the last few pages and hit disagree on everything. Colour balance is now restored in the universe. Please carry on. Also, please disagree with this post if you are a big grl's blouse and fancy Sim Sample because he wears smelly PVC.
Scholar
#12449 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 4:19 PM
Also, please disagree with this post if you are a big grl's blouse and fancy Sim Sample because he wears smelly PVC.

You are seriously tempting me xD
Mad Poster
#12450 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 5:18 PM
please disagree with this post if you are a big grl's blouse and fancy Sim Sample because he wears smelly PVC.
I was about to oblige on behalf of Veronaville model Veri Short, but somebody beat me to it!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 498 of 580